Swiftcurrent Creek You'll be in my heart [Birthing thread]
Let's find a light inside our universe now
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

If you asked right now, Eilonwy would probably say she'd rather spend eternity in her mother's womb. It had everything. It was warm and cozy, with plenty of space to share with her brother due to the reduced size of their litter, yet just enough pressure for things to stay where they were supposed to be. Breakfast (and pretty much every meal) was simply brought to her directly, and she didn't even have to breathe!

Believe it, breathing is NOT easy when you've spent pretty much your entire life not doing it. It took Eilonwy a moment, from the second she was finally released from the placenta and the cold engulfed her tiny body, to the drawn out cough that was her first breath, officially inaugurating her life. Her breathing was difficult for a moment, it felt strange how the cold air filled her lungs, as though it wasn't enough that the temperature had dropped around her already, and oh did she protest. She was loud, as much as an underweight newborn could be. But after all the discomfort and filling the list of things she now had to get used to she found a little haven. Mom pulled her closer, licking her and bringing back some of the warmth that she'd been so suddenly stripped down from. And then the milk, sweet warm life source that immediately she knew, at least this much would not require an effort getting used to.

· ~ The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things ~ ·
Messages In This Thread
You'll be in my heart [Birthing thread] - by Chusi - June 18, 2018, 09:38 AM
RE: You'll be in my heart [Birthing thread] - by Eilonwy - June 19, 2018, 10:35 AM
RE: You'll be in my heart [Birthing thread] - by Koji - June 22, 2018, 10:33 PM
RE: You'll be in my heart [Birthing thread] - by Kubo - July 03, 2018, 02:36 PM
RE: You'll be in my heart [Birthing thread] - by Chusi - July 05, 2018, 01:02 PM