Blacktail Deer Plateau her flesh is dust and ashes
look to your kingdoms i am coming for them all
87 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

thyri flutters to and fro sangeda and teekon wilds like a bird lost in a gale storm. perhaps, metaphorically, she is. she knows what she wants and she knows how she must go about getting it but every time something calls her elsewhere. it is that call to elsewhere that finds her back in the trappings of the teekon wilds. she is reluctant, at first, because it makes her think of darcia and she misses the ironclad reaper. she misses him with a flutter in her chest, soft and easily missed were she not paying attention, not unlike the caress of a butterfly's wings. the thespian queen steels her resolve, tucks away those feelings of longing and ventures into the place of her birth with purposeful steps.

as she always does every time, she nears drageda but never enough to be considered too close to it. she is curious, but she thinks of eske and heda and everything she continues to leave unresolved with the promise of 'some day' and never strays too close. eske is not the type to let someone she has deemed a traitor back into her life, thyri knows; and the thespian queen was never close with the youngest and wildest of her litter but she knows enough of her to understand that fact will never change. her thoughts take her only to draw her back to the surface as she begins to venture into the shaded canopy of blacktail deer plateau seeking refuge from the unrelenting midday sun that bears down upon her and realizes that scents linger. not defined enough to be a pack per-say: she would have noticed the scent of borders and wolves much sooner would there have been but her pace slows and ears dripped in golden champagne cup forth atop her skull, alert. she continues to move through the territory, however; choosing to keep her eyes and ears attuned to the encompassing forest around her in case she comes across anyone — or alternatively if they come across her.
and she speaks in a voice that sets men trembling,
with eyes painted gold and a throne built on the bones of
those who would challenge her rule
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
The girls’ stay on the plateau remains centered in the territory near the lake, enjoying the company of one another and the easiness to exist. They hunt and play together and don’t have to worry about the isolation and danger of living alone. There’s no hierarchy to answer to and no one carries more weight than the next and no border to worry about. Whether or not the stay in the plateau for long, it is paradise enough for a few days to heal their wounds and regain their energy before their next travel.

It is Mallaidh’s first time leaving the group alone. Relying on a few other wolves and their limited skillset, she’s much more aware of the dangers of being alone. She did not always abide the rule to leave in pairs in Drageda but she makes the effort here with others depend on her too. But she can’t deny the feeling to be alone for a little while and as the other girls slept in the afternoon sun, she makes her way north through the woods that border the wall. They’ve run into no other wolves since their arrival so the distinct scent tickles her nose, drawing attention that she should investigate.

She has much more to protect than just herself, now, and she keeps her posture loose and non-threatening. One ear swivels to the side, listening, and the other alert as the cream wolf comes into view. The wolf disappears momentarily in the brush and Mallaidh pauses, unsure where to go. Quiet feet, trained by a great warrior and the pack’s spy, have gotten her this far but the ground is unfamiliar and she needs to choose her next move wisely. The girl lowers her head and chuffs, drawing attention to herself in hopes the other will make herself known.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
87 Posts
Ooc —
there are steps, quiet against the forest floor, stealthy to the point that thyri almost misses them entirely. the self-proclaimed queen is cautious but does not feel threatened and thus does not feel the need to react with any sort of hostility or aggression as a chuff sounds through the air, designed to grasp the champagne and cremé woman's attention. as thryi's steps halt, her light caramel gaze moves towards the yearling whom had made the chuff, fluttering over her in a quick assessment. thryi has always been small and lithe and she has learned to use her elegant movements and the regal hold of her shoulders to offset the otherwise delicacy of her appearance. "hello," the wildheart offers the yearling before her, seeing no reason to be anything other than civil. there is a slight lift of thyri's muzzle as she draws in the other's scent, noting that other scents cling to her pelage: scents that she has picked up on trailing through the forest despite that she has yet to venture too far into it's depths.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Once she garners the other girl’s attention, she isn’t entirely sure what to do with it. They don’t claim the plateau by any means but they protect themselves. While the newest female in the area doesn’t seem threatening, how many more wolves can they add to their group before it’s too much? Four of them is a good number and a fifth wouldn’t hurt but now she has more to answer to. Besides, who knows if the other has any motive to join up with anyone at all? There’re no extra scents on the loner. Either she’s traveled far from home or she’s on her own. Not such a fun existence, she remembers—both times alone nearly ended in death—and she’s thankful for her new friends.

“Hey,” she responds after a moment, offering a light smile. “I’m Mallaidh.”
87 Posts
Ooc —
i feel like this post is poop and disjointed b/c i am still half asleep but i wanted to reply before work. xD

mallaidh the darker girl introduces herself as. thyri's caramel brown gaze flickers over the younger girl once more now that she has a name to place with the face. for a moment, thryi deliberates whether she wishes to give her true name or not. the last time she'd been in the wilds she'd went by skadi and most knew her as such — with a few exceptions like the titan with haunting eyes she'd known as grievous whom had known her as thyri. at first, it had been to protect herself and then it'd become a bit of a game as her interest in the arts of deception came to be. now it seems unnecessary. she is not afraid of eske and were she ever cross paths with her aggressive littermate would not hesitate to live by the rule of thumb: me or her. yet, that encounter seems highly unlikely as eske'd never been one to leave pack lands often and thyri takes the precautions necessary to avoid drageda as much as she possibly can. little does the self-proclaimed queen know that the younger woman before her was once eske's second. "i am thyri." she speaks her given name after her decision is made, tail brushing absently against her hocks offering a soft smile of her own. "do you seek to claim this land?" thyri inquires after a few seconds of silence that follows her introduction. she suspects an answer that might tip more towards the 'no' scale if only because, in her experience — and would she be working on claiming territory — there was much more hostility than she was met with; but still she is curious nevertheless.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Their introductions pass and she doesn’t feel any less awkward, but the question catches her off guard. Currently, the girls have no plans to go anywhere else. The plateau has been comfortable and fruitful and she likes she’s able to rest her feet in the same place more than a night in a row. And with friends. But could four of them claim land? Is that enough to set boundaries between them and the outside world? The allure of moving about hasn’t worn off. If the plateau isn’t enough, they go somewhere else. They don’t have to stay anywhere they don’t want to.

“No,” she says after a moment. “My friends and I are just sticking around for a few days. Tired of traveling,” she comments with a shrug and a smile.
87 Posts
Ooc —
thryi offers a swivel of her ears and a small, near inaudible contemplative noise in the back of her throat when the girl answers. so they are vagabonds with no intents to sink in roots. at least ...not yet. for most of her life thryi has been a vagabond; a wanderer with ambitious plans that her flighty nature has yet to see through. it grows tiresome, in honesty. she knows what she wants, she is determined to have it and yet she keeps blocking her own path towards success. "i find that wandering quickly grows tiresome." she speaks her thoughts aloud to the younger woman with a soft smile that grows terse at the corners. maybe there was no harm in attempting to look for a place to settle down in ...even if it was for a few months time. thryi is travel-weary and she seeks purpose, purpose beyond what sangeda could ever give her...but first she comes to the epiphany that she must find a purpose in grounding herself to a place. "i think i might seek a place to call home for a few months," she states her plans out loud with no real reason of why. the self-proclaimed queen doubts that mallaidh cares. still, it seems polite to offer an explanation as to why she's decided to depart in the attempts of soothing any misunderstandings in case they were to arise. "i wish you and your friends luck on your journey, mallaidh. where ever it may lead you." thryi offers the young girl before she makes to depart, intending to head south of the way she'd been going.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
The girl doesn’t stick around for anything else, uninterested in the fact they aren’t trying to claim the land. Her ears swivel upon her head and she watches her. What would her answer be if she were saying yes? Either way, her home doesn’t seem to be with a bunch of girls that don’t know what they’re doing and she can’t blame the other wolf. Most wolves desire a place to call home, a pack to be part of—sometimes she misses it, she wouldn’t admit it—and so when Thyri makes for her departure, she girl only nods her head and watches her disappear in the opposite direction of their little group.