Moonspear as delicate and light as morning dew
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
All Welcome 

summer seemed already in full swing; oppressed by the heat the afternoon sun offered, arcturus sprawled across a slab of granite. his tongue lolled out and his sides heaved in panting, and a few times the child wormed towards shadier venues with a languid, eel-like manner. his pelt afforded him no reprieve, and he avoided the sun with a shadow's earnest.

maybe later when things had cooled down, he might elicit play from revui or the yams -- but for now, arcturus draped his body across the cool stone, like some listless shawl discarded in the wilderness.

when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra, too, despised the sun. With @Alya and @Lyra at her back, they made their way to their families den to loiter in the shade while simultaneously protecting the brood. They had lurked at the borders beforehand and all had been well; they passed by their father along the way, and knew it was well looked after. 

The Beta noted her brother there, and the other cubs dozed as well. Hydra moved toward him, first, since he looked like the dead; but a wolfish grin came when she noted that he, too, faced what she and her sisters did. Hydra licked her chops, and moved past him toward the slow-moving waterbed nearby, not at all a danger to the cubs. It was shrouded in the shadows the trees nearby lent it, and Hydra moved into the trickling waters and lay upon it. Her sisters shifted to do the same, and Hydra placed her muzzle upon a foreleg and observed her siblings, content to laze for a brief time.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus lifted his head as a shadow spilled over him as if some black liquid; from the corner of his vision he saw his elder sister stalk past -- a wraith with some unknown destination held in her fierce gaze. arcturus rolled onto his roly-poly belly, his ears canted to the side as he watched her disappear into brush and a few seconds after, heard the splatter of water.

curious as to his sister's intentions and whereabouts, the dark cub pulled inquisitively after her. navigating the rocky egress hydra had taken, arcturus slipped and spilled down the rocky slope, coming to a tumbling stop at the rustling bank of a waterbed. "oOO!" he exclaimed with raspy delight, slapping at the water with front paws as he discovered the hidden oasis hydra had exposed.

send my soul away
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
In moments, her shadow was there; he made it no mystery that he approached, and Hydra's eyes honed in on the very area he would arrive at. Her ears pricked forward as he tumbled downward, but Hydra did not worry over him; she was of the mind that validating any pain might only bring about his insistence for comfort, which she could not give. Shhh, Hydra demanded, before gesturing to her side to invite him to join in the comforts the water provided. It was too hot to play at present; Hydra moved her head to lap at the trickling waters that came toward her. 

It is best not to exert too much energy on days like these, she informed her pupil. When the sun begins to go down, and it cools, it is better to do what must be done. She placed her muzzle atop her forelegs again, blue eyes shifting toward the right, and her right ear turned, too—but the left remained toward him, attentive.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
the boy settled into the water with a content sigh, snapping at the tiny waves his emergence had made. besides him, hydra's thin muzzle lapped gingerly at the water -- for a few seconds he followed her lead and drank greedily.

unfortunately, he might have been a pupil but he was not always a good one -- he took absolutely no cue from his older sibling that it was inappropriate to play, and with a high shriek geromino'd right into the deepest part of the water with his limbs flung outright, thrashing around with tiny delighted growls.
send my soul away
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra blinked as her brother launched himself into the waters with a yell that could hardly be called mighty. Though she appreciated the cool waters that came over her person as he decided to ignore her words in favor of seeing for himself. Hydra noted he moved toward the deeper part of the waters, but was not concerned in knowing her parents had secured a safe spot for this chapter of their cubs lives. No gaping crevices, or rushing waters, to cause any sudden disappearance. Hydra deigned to simply observe rather than partake, knowing from her own experience it was much too hot to join in presently. He seemed to be enjoying himself, and she supposed he ought to while he could.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
the water rushed up around his little frame, seeping through his black coat in glistening waves. it felt cool to his skin, and he liked the drag and pull of the water as it seemed to comb through his coat. with little growls he snapped at the water's surface, water splashing around him in glittering arcs.

he saw hydra out of the corner of his eye, and she was watching him. an instinct seized him then, and he did its' bidding without fight -- his ears flattened and he sunk deeper into the water, only his head, flat ears, and yellow eyes visible; keeping his body as distended and level as possible, he stiffly and slowly padded his way towards her like a tiny caiman might paddle towards an unsuspecting dragonfly on the water's surface.

sneaky as he attempted to be, each of his advances were thoroughly fended off; wholly spent, arcturus flopped up on the bank and for the rest of the day, simply followed hydra around like a dutiful shadow.

send my soul away