Wheeling Gull Isle run to beat the sunlight
between the devil and the deep blue sea
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Private 
The island was beautiful— almost as beautiful as the woman in charge of it. Lainie thought it rather a blessing that she was easy to avoid, pregnant as she was; it was an obvious sign that she was unavailable, but that had never stopped youthful infatuation. She was suddenly quite determined to make herself fit in here, if she had to— and, admittedly, even more grateful to @Rokig now for bringing her to Undersea.
The grey-furred yearling found herself along the eastern shore, picking her way through a pebbled beach. Tide pools dotted the ground surrounding the beautiful lagoon, sunlight sparkling across their surfaces. She sat and dipped a single paw into one of the aforementioned pools, watching with wide-eyed fascination as it rippled and set off a thousand reactions at once. Tiny organisms flitted through the water, indignant at the disturbance.
Lainie laughed softly, rising without warning after a few beats to dart towards the lagoon. A moment later, she hit the water, sending up a splash around her with the force of it. It had been awhile since she had felt this care-free; as long as it had been since she left home, she realized.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
The lagoon was his usual haunt. There were signs of his living arrangements around the place. Fish bones, tufts of shedding fur and of course his scent. He liked it out here where he felt like he was on the edge of the world. Although he knew he wasn't. He had visitors from time to time. Occasionally @Maegi found him, which is who he thought was present now.

He yawned and stretched as he unfolded himself from sleep. The splashing of water had summoned him awake. Was the younger girl here to practice fishing again? Soft laughter filled his ears when he clambered up a few rocks. Silver eyes blinked a few times as he realized it was not Maegi.

It was Lainie looking positively bubbly.

He found a rock to sit himself on as he merely watched. It was kind of creepy but he didn't want to disrupt her, not yet.
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Oblivious to her audience, Lainie stood still for a few moments, enjoying the feeling of the water around her. Belatedly, she became aware of something thrashing and beating against her legs, the sensation muted to a vague flutter by the water. She took a few steps back. A glint of silver caught her eye, and without thinking she lunged.
The Tauhou was quicker than she had expected. A beat later she came up holding a fish, as surprised as the creature itself. It must have been stunned by her leap into the water; it was relatively still for a fleeting moment. Then the creature started to thrash again, and Lainie promptly dropped it. Another laugh bubbled out of her, this time devolving into a fit of giggles as the fish streaked away. Bye! She called to it between laughs, tail waving in delight.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
He watched her keenly, silver eyes examined the way she snatched the fish. Rokig was ready to praise her for such a swift catch but she dropped the creature. A smirk and raise of his brow were all that was given as she called out to the fish and it made its way out of here.

A chuff escaped him as he stood up on his rock pedestal. Don't shoo them all off. His words were more teasing rather than serious. You'll run me out of a job. Carefully he jumped down from the rock and approached the silvery female.

You seem to be doing much better. He commented with a fond smile.
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
A chuff startled her, and she turned; Rokig, The yearling called, ears perking. Her tail swished a little faster now, and she moved to close the distance without leaving the water. Her lips curved in an affectionate grin, though the expression dropped into something like mock-suspicion at his comment. Were you watching me?
Lainie wasn't put off by the idea; if anything, it intrigued her. She let it pass without further comment, though. The smile returned with his next statement. I am. Thank you— really, There was some unease to her tone— evidence of her lack of familiarity with such expressions. But she meant it. I owe you a lot.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
I was. He didn't bother hiding it. I kind of protect this corner of the island. Had to make sure nothing was going to harm the island or our bounty of fish. The silver-eyed male teased with a small grin. But she wasn't a threat and one fish startled wouldn't significantly damage his fishing.

He couldn't ignore the flush of his cheeks at her thanks. Rokig wasn't used to receiving kind words as he was usually the one giving them out. Just help out around here where you can and we'll be even. His head gave a gentle nod.
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
She couldn't help but feel embarrassed at his mention of harming the supply of fish— it had been fun in the moment, but now she felt rather stupid. Her expression fell slightly, ears pinning to her skull for a beat. But it wasn't worth wallowing in self-pity; she'd just have to avoid making the same mistake.
Rokig, do you think you could teach me how to fish? Please? Lainie swallowed her shame with some effort; better to focus on becoming better. She glanced out over the water, and her efforts were rendered useless as it occurred to her that she'd likely scared off the fish in the area. A little more quietly, she added, Maybe— somewhere else, since they're probably... not here anymore.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
It was funny to him how he had known little about fishing just a few weeks ago and now he seemed to be a teacher on the topic. He had grown to enjoy it and so he was not one to turn away students. Of course. He hummed in response as he motioned for her to follow him. There's a place I typically haunt that I think would be great for some lessons. It was a medium sized pool of water nestled between some rock walls, deep enough for even larger fish to swim but not deep enough for a proper swim. He could only guess it was a resting place for the creatures before the swamp back out into the deep end.

Eager to show her the location the Seawolf waved his muzzle in a gesture for her to follow.

As he arrived, he slowly waded through the waters. There were a few fish swimming about as if they didn't receive the memo they were being watched. All he offered was a soft chuff to Lainie and a point of his nose.