Phoenix Maplewood Flying in the wind
12 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
All Welcome 
Sonny loved flying. It was her favorite thing to do. Well, she was an osprey, a bird, what bird wouldn't like to fly? Well, only the flightless birds, like the wingless ones. Sonny was looking down, and she noticed many kinds of animals; wolves, birds, and many other things. Sonny was in a foresty area, so of course she'd be seeing some prey.

Sonny eventually flew down, the wind exhausting her. She perched herself on a branch of a tree, and looked around, preening herself real quick before returning to her "spying". Sonny wondered if perhaps she could make any friends today, or maybe serve as some kind of guide.
if your wings are broken, borrow mine so yours can open too
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
If she had to rate this place on a scale of studying rocks to carrying a bison skin to the top of a mountain awesome, Clary would take that scale and break it, ‘cause were there even words for how amazing this place was?

She stared skyward with hazel eyes wide and wandering until the endless leaves left her vision scorched and swimming, and even then she lowered her head just to shake the nausea away so she could crane her head up and look again - and that spoke words enough, because Clary hardly ever just stopped to smell the flowers. She preferred to scope out challenge and adventure - always looking for that higher mountain to cross, or that wider river to swim. These woods were hardly a thrill, but dang were they pretty, and she didn’t mind taking her time to wander through the cover of their otherworldly glow.
12 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Sonny had been fortunate to finally find a potential friend or whatever. A wolf, a female one. The osprey decided to make herself known, a smile spreading onto her face. "Oh, hello there!" She greeted cheerfully, her Cockney accent showing. Oh, she felt annoyed when she had to speak with it. Sonny just knew it was her typical accent, but she had not been born in the UK, so she really had no reason to speak with an accent like that, but she didn't care.

What bothered Sonny was how her accent made her sound like she was a damn murderer or a bird with mental issues or something, but she was not like that at all. Just ignore it, Sonny. She told herself.

"Cool place, right?"
[Image: giphy.gif]
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
"Oh!" The sudden voice started her, pitched and accented and seemingly from above. She stole a spinning glance skyward before her cheeks broke to a heated grin when duh, there were no wolfish faces peering down at her from above. Everyone knew wolves didn't climb trees.

So she set her watch to level ground and wove in a tight circle as she bounced a curious glance around the woods. The gal sounded friendly enough, whoever they were, so she merely chirped along, "oh yeah, it's real lovely! But - uh - " and she backtracked and reversed her turn, and found herself met by none other than an empty stretch of berries, trees, and wild undergrowth. "Where are you?" She grinned and splayed her ears with a baffled tilt.
12 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Apparently the young wolf seemed to also like the place, so Sonny wasn't alone when it came to likings. "Where are you?" The feminine voice had then asked. Sonny couldn't help but in her mind feel a bit of amusement at the kid's voice. Can't she see well? She thought before making herself more visible by flying down to perch on a lower branch. "Right here." Sonny said, her yellow eyes full of friendliness. 

"Cool-looking am I, huh? Unlike you, I'm not a wolf. I'm an osprey."
[Image: giphy.gif]
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The rustle of wings lifted overhead, and then the voice came again, clear and tipped with that same curious accent from before. This time, when Clary looked up, she kept looking up and didn't feel near as silly for trying to find the voice in the trees - because yeah, the voice had obviously come from the trees - and there, on the branch, she saw her company.

Clary raised her brow when the bird spoke again. "Well duh. Of course I know you're not a wolf," and while she grinned through her words, Clary couldn't help but feel a little bit offended at the words. She might've been young, but that didn't make her dumb -reeeegardless of the fact that she'd first looked to the trees expecting to see a wolf, but the bird couldn't have known that... The ranger fell to her haunches and flashed her curious eyes up. "Sooo you have a name? Mine's Clary, resident ranger and aspiring herbalist," she tacked on those last two things for good measure. She hadn't actually earned her recognition as an ambassador of anyone, nor really started learning anything much about plants and their properties, but hey, giving yourself a title was often the first step to success... right?

She grinned all the way through.