Moonspear ukiyo
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
All Welcome 
The daytime hours were at their longest. Summer had come, and while she missed indulging in the expanses of the long nights, really, the advantages were simply different. One of her favorite loomed, if the roiling clouds and rising humidities were any hint. At least she hoped, and kept an ear turned for distant rumbles and a nose searching for savory petrichor.

Even before the old familiar electricity could spark the air with coming storm, she was feeling far more up to her typical self these days, though--which the dark alpha certainly welcomed, and she considered thanks to the increasing freedoms from the infirmaries of motherhood. Having the litters age up and out into the pack were always the best kinds of  milestone, in her (well-versed) opinion.

When he looked to be wrapped up in it, she had left Charon to entertaining the youngest Ostregas and went to wandering for the upper slopes--past the cover of the woods and out to where the heights climbed considerably. Ame appreciated the times out much like this one, and wondered if she may find any of her older progeny (@Hydra, @Lyra, @Alya, @Vela, and Jarilo all blinked to mind in the next heartbeat) out here too as the skies roiled far on the horizons.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
241 Posts
Ooc —
Let me know if you want to bump this to the present! I'm fine either way (:

An Ostrega did perch on the mountainside, though not one of the number Amekaze might have expected to find. Andalusia's conversation with Colt still ran through her mind, and while most days she could distract herself from thoughts of Sebastian, the anxieties toyed with her today until her four paws felt useless to catch anything but air. So instead of frustrating herself even further, Andalusia retired early to the freedom of the skies and the sprawling map of the Wilds below. Up here, her thoughts ran without restraint, and she chewed her lip while a furrow took the concentration of her brow.

Her position struck northeast, her gaze pointed in the direction Colt had pointed her. A coming storm rolled through the skies, dark and still far off, but it was painful how reflective the skies were of the parts of her heart she preferred to repress. Had Sebastian even made it to his sister? What was he doing now? Had he found a family, a pack - and was he happy now - was he happy without her? A soft ache chewed through her chest, and she shied away from probing further. These worries were silly, so trite. And yet they were there, and so were the feelings. Anguished, electric, and intrusive. She didn't want them, any of them, and yet... a part of her didn't want to let go. And so she resigned to watched the thunderheads crawl over the north, while she tried to figure out just what she felt, and why these thoughts of Sebastian's absence and life apart from her bothered her so much.
Trades
[Image: outrider.gif] 0/5
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
oooh thanks for joining! and tbh bumping to present might be easier for convenience ;D (not that there's a major need since things are relatively pretty chill for ame rn lmao but still)

The skies were darkening, slow and steady, meanwhile the trails were scattering around despite letting herself get pretty distracted by the storm. Instead of her own contributions to the Ostrega gene pool, she found herself closing in best of all on one another oddly enough. While not necessarily the first plan, she had something to learn, surely. What she had gathered through her fellows, though, gave her plenty to think on about the near-stranger, and one of her  favorites, curiosity, struck first and fastest. Without needing more motivation than that, some faint scent on the breeze, she zeroed in to find Andalusia.

With Moonspear's growth mostly of their own kind lately, maybe she had withdrawn more than before.. hence why this was not her first choice. Summer encouraged this because she could roam.. and she indulgently did, even up the mountain to where others didn't go, or down into the thick of the woods beyond. She was at her most fleeting in the long days. But.. with Ostrega her tie, how could she not be keen to find out more about her? The alpha had yet to meet one she did not like (for some reason or another) and in all of her years (she had plenty), she had known a solid little assortment of their lot. They always seemed to have a strange, special spot in her heart.

Ame came upon her with a soft chuff, half in greeting and half in inquiry. Did she make a habit of skywatching--or did the storms catch her eye above all? Whatever the case, she did intend to interrupt. Her tail, curled up tall, swayed gently--relaxed, friendly enough for her. "Enjoying the view?" she asked, stepping closer.
241 Posts
Ooc —
<3 Sounds great! I'm looking forward to this a lot! :D
A soft chuff roused the golden women from her introspection, and Andalusia shoved her probing thoughts to a shallow recess when she turned to meet Amekaze with the warmth of her smile. She knew the dark woman from a distance, but from their brief encounters, she had a growing curiosity and a want to know more. She was aware that it was Charon who was born an Ostrega, and Amekaze who was married in, but to Andalusia, the dark shadow was as much a part of the family as if she ran with the blood herself.

"I always do." Though right now, the view brought more perspective than she was really comfortable to hold. "I can't ever get over how big the world is. I used to tell my brothers I'd cross it all one day." And she had seen so much, much more than many would see in ages twice the length of hers, but there would always be more. Dark corners she would never unturn, mysteries that would never be solved. And she would need to be fine with that.
Trades
[Image: outrider.gif] 0/5
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
It was difficult not to enjoy the view, though she always appreciated sharing the sentiment with some. A way to resonate, more or less. She was biased, and steadfast in her taste for the elevations so she was glad to enjoy it with others. One perk of many, Amekaze knew what she liked to see.

Trailing after a soft nod, she smirked. To cross it all was aiming high, and while she liked to fancy herself privy to some expansive views, they were not even a piece of everything there was. No wonder Andalusia had channeled the interests in travel to scouting, but it seemed to be a trait their family carried upon them well enough. "True. Always something new," she supposed, thoughtful. Something unexplored, untouched, and seemingly endless. Amekaze would remember her mention of brothers too. "All of it? Think you have seen a good share, though?" she asked, just curious, and keeping that mention of her brothers in mind somewhere too.