Bitterroot Valley You got some shit to say and I'm hear to listen
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He listened quietly as she told him of her past. He had promised himself that he wouldn't interrupt her, no mater how angry he might become. He knew it was hard for her to tell him all of this, and he didn't want to make it about him and his anger. 

At first, he felt only sadness as he listened to her tell of her parents; How they had to hide their love from a male that clearly shouldn't have had power over others, and how their fleeing left her pregnant mother vulnerable and lead to her death. 

It sounded like the tribe that took her family in had its good and bad elements, but it ultimately lead to her finding and honing her gift, which he agreed she was a natural at. Her brother sounded like a coward, though, and he found it hard to stay quite through his anger at the thought of him leaving his two sisters to fend for themselves. That selfish decision had lead to the death of Liri's sister, which was unforgivable in Kavik's eyes. He would never abandon those he cared about; he would easily give his life to save someone he loved. He didn't understand anyone who would behave differently. 

He silently added this Remo to the list of wolves he would kill on sight, no questions asked; Another wolf from Liri's past that didn't deserve to live. Once again, he was unfazed by his violent need to take out anyone that caused harm to Liri. She was his, and that meant he would do anything he could to protect her from any further hurt. 

She told him that once reaching Teekon, she was again forced into a union she didn't agree to. This male at least sounded somewhat decent. At least he wasn't cruel to Liri. Although, he didn't think very highly of any male that forced a female to be his wife. He didn't give a shit about the events surrounding it; he would have found another way.

Then, she buried her face in his neck and told him of the piece of shit that had forced himself on her. The rage he felt at that was so intense, that he was briefly frozen under the weight of it. Son of a bitch. He wanted to cuss and rage and kill. His need to bathe in the bastard's blood was a raging fire in his chest; a fire that could only be extinguished by feeling the life draining from that motherfucker as he ripped out his throat.

Still reeling from the his uncontrollable rage, he somehow managed to listen to the end of her story. Although, it may have been better if he hadn't been able to process the words, because they just fed the murderous fire raging inside him. 

Her words brought him back from the darkness, though. She was probably the only one who could at that point. "You are not fucked up," he said, his tone more rough than he had meant it to be. He nuzzled her neck, taking in her scent, and centering himself before he continued. "I think you're strong and resilient and--amazing," he said, the last word filled with adoration. "And as long as I am breathing, I will never let anything like that happen to you ever again." Resolve and determination filled his expression with that statement. He had never spoke truer words than the promise he just made to her. 

"But, Liri," he paused, his face falling into an unreadable expression save for the sadness in his deep green eyes. "You don't feel forced with me, do you?" The question was quiet and apprehensive. He was intense and possessive, and she never complained about it. He couldn't help but wonder if she felt like she had no choice but to deal with it. He would die if she felt that way; his heart would literally break. He had to know she didn't feel like she had no say in this before they went any further in their relationship.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread