The Sunspire a hundred and five little blades in a line from your skin to mine and i feel it
34 Posts
Ooc — Kris
All Welcome 
The tiny silver girl pulled away from her mother's teat with a soft pop. She lied there, her head lifted as much as it could be, turning as though she could see and was searching for something. She wasn't though. There was a curious sensation rising from her belly, and she issued a whisper-quiet squeak of question. Suddenly, her little body jerked. Hic! Then again. Hic! She squeaked once more, louder, hic!, as the involuntary jerks came quicker and made it harder to breathe. Hic! Hic! Hic! Unsettled by her hiccups, Remi wai—hic!

Well, she tried to wail, anyway.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
One of them was being noisy. Specifically, it was One.

Liffey roused from her sleep with a weary few blinks of her eyes. She’d had it in her head to go on PPC for the first month or so of her kids’ lives with the rest of Stevie’s characters, but for some reason, these pups were intriguing enough to keep her around. There was so much newness to them, so much unexpected about them. And Liffey couldn’t help but note it all in that scientific and ever curious way that she did.

And so, she turned her attention to One - Remi, as she’d been dubbed by her parents. The tiniest of them all - the one that had nearly been lost amongst the bedding and debris on the floor of the helping den while her larger siblings had been escaping the womb. The girl was squeaking - not exactly atypical except for the random, abruptness of the sounds. Liffey peered curiously at the girl as sleep seeped out of her eyes and her brain awoke. She reached for the girl and stroked her back with a few soft kicks, hoping it would quiet her so that her other siblings could continue to sleep.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
34 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Remi scooted nearer her mother's mouth, toward the comfort she offered. But soothing as her mother's tongue was, the hiccups persisted stubbornly for another round, and then at last were gone. The silver runt heaved a sigh of relief and bubbled some noise of contentment.

Disoriented a bit, having squirmed away from her siblings and turned herself around as she endured the ordeal, she wriggled forwards blindly in search of the soft flesh and fur she was used to nesting against. What she encountered was her mother's front foot. It was good enough. Remi's little nose pushed into Liffey's ankle as she scrabbled to press her face in tight, as if she could bury herself there somewhere. She grunted and gurgled, finding a lot of resistance, until finally she blundered over her mother's paw and laid herself across it.

She heaved another sigh, and her small pink tongue poked out between her lips and stayed there. It was a lot of work for a newborn to battle the hiccups and wrestle with a paw.