Dragoncrest Cliffs like a spent gladiator
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
backdated a little bit -- maybe @Rose or @Branwen? all welcome tho!

in a way she knows she's lucky she wasn't hurt worse. the ringing in her ears is finally starting to go down, though she still feels dizzy if she stands up too fast. her bruised body is healing fine, though she'll bear the wicked clawmarks across her chest for a while to come. really, considering what could have happened, she knows she should be really grateful -- but damn if she's not bored

she's just not meant for this 'relax, take it easy, let yourself heal' crap. one, she still has to go look for furi, a plan that's been completed waylaid by this whole thing. and two, she likes working and being busy, which is kinda hard to do when you're only supposed to be able to hobble around a little bit. and even if she tried to not do that, her body gets angry and shuts it down. so, really, 0/10 experience, would not recommend, god she's bored.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
staying a little vague
Branwen was not without her own wounds following the fight with the bear, but she found herself more bothered by the condition of some of her packmates. Particularly Blixen, who was the first in Drageda she had actually started to befriend. She wasn't quite up to hunting yet herself, but little things like that had never stopped her anyway— so when she came to visit, she was carrying a freshly-dead hare. That was what you did when someone was sick or hurt, right?
Hei, She called as she approached, swinging the hare slightly to drop near the girl's feet. For you. Branwen sat near her with a slightly apologetic smile; she was up and moving, at least. Even if it still hurt a little. How are you feeling? Physically.
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

branwen's arrival is a welcome one. from her position on the ground blixen looks up, wearing a pathetic expression that answers the girl's question for her (well, sort of - more emotional than physical). she rolls onto her belly so she can dig into the hare with a muffled "thanks," offering a groan as branwen asks how she is. "bored," she whines, slipping into trig to match her friend. "physically though -- i mean. it could be worse." blix says, shrugging (and wincing). she doesn't hurt as bad as she did immediately after the fact and she knows that in a couple weeks she'll be more or less back to normal. it's just the waiting that sucks. "i'm going stircrazy," the shilkru sighs, swiching back to common, "i need to go do something, you know?"
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Her smile turned sympathetic as she listened, but she couldn't help teasing a bit. You'd think a bear would be enough excitement for awhile, Still— I get it, though. I know it's not the same as doing something, but I can keep you company for awhile? It'd been the plan anyway, but the whole thing sort of depended on whether or not Blixen was on board. Against her better judgment, she added playfully: As long as you don't bring up your ex-girlfriend this time, that is.
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

branwen earns a sheepish grin -- yeah, okay, she doesn't really feel up to another bear fight. at least not for a month or something. her sheepish grin turns into a sheepish grimace, ears flattening back: "sorry," the shilkru mumbles, embarrassed. "actually, uh, i do have a thing. related to her to ask you. and then i won't bring it up again, promise." she does not give her companion a chance to respond before she launches into it: "nomi thinks she's natrona and she probably is but -- we had a kru get taken by the pack in the sound and held captive and there's bears now, apparently, so i have to like, at least give her the benefit of the doubt, you know? and nomi said i could go look for her. would you come with me? just down the coast?" it's a hell of a request she knows so she puts on her best pretty please face. (and jeez, how is it she's ever managed to have friends? she's a mess.)
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She hadn't really meant to embarrass her, but she realized immediately she should have known that it would and her own expression fell slightly. There wasn't any time to apologize anyway. As she listened to the request, she realized her latest case of foot-in-mouth could hardly have had worse timing; she couldn't say no, not when she felt a touch guilty about her tactless comment and more than a touch guilty about Blixen's state.
Sure, She answered without thinking, immediately regretting it but seeing no good way to back out. Instead she put on another smile, trying to seem reassuring. You deserve a warning, though: I'm not so good with directions. So we should... stick together. I did make it from Trigeda to here alone in one piece, but— well, I can never tell anyone that story. Her own smile was sheepish now, and she reached for something else to say. But I'll help you look. Help keep you alive and away from bears and such.
What happened with the kru who was held captive? She couldn't help asking, hoping Blixen would take this as the promised subject change; there'd be plenty of time for them to discuss the trip and its details before the fiery-furred girl was healed enough to go.