rodeo gals
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
Intended for @Erika but anyone else is welcome.

While the rolling clouds of the afternoon casted shadows in the ground, a light coated girl laid lazily on her side. Trying to make sense of the strange shadows that now danced across the slopes of the mountain. It was not strange to have the sky filled with clouds, it seemed that there coiuld be no cloudless skies in the Teekon Wilds, everyday at least one of the fluffy blobs tainted the sky.

Cara stretched her hind legs imagining what would be like to kick a cloud. Then a feeling of annoyance rose in her chest. A cloud wasn't the only thing she'd like to kick... The young Epsilon brought herself into a sitting stance, her ears pointing back as if she had an enemy standing in front of her. Since the unfortunate day one of her packmate's loyalty had been broken, Cara had grown even more suspicious and hostile towards her packmates.

Only the stars knew what other Silvertip member could betray Jinx in such a way. Leaving the image of the brown brute's face she had once called a 'friend', Cara got to her paws and began trotting around the mountain. As she went she began to increase her speed until she was galloping across the base of the mountain, bucking like a wild bull at the borders of the land.
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
She intended to meet the Wheeling Gull alpha in a while to tell him of the high suspicions in the pack. Already she was questioned by the Beta of the pack and mate to Jinx, Lecter. That was bad enough. But now he wanted to go with her the next time she went out! Frustrated and worried, she stalked away from the foul-smelling Beta and went to the mountain.

As the silver-tipped mountain grew larger in her view, she sensed something running. The black wolf grew closer to the sound, only to see a blur of white blazing across the base. Madame Jinx?she thought at first, but she saw that the wolf was too small. Non, ce qui était son nom.... Cara! She barked at the yearling, trying to get her attention. She needed to talk to someone to relieve her tension.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
There seemed to be no wordly power that could slow down the girl's wild rampage, she continued to race through the border, her tail cutting through the air as it swished wildly from side to side. If it could be possible Cara would've grown wings in that instant, only to shoot up into the sky to dance with the clouds she had seen roll by.

The young girl huffed while she gained speed again, flattening her ears to her skull. But before she could continue her reckless ruckus a sharp bark near her made her screech into a halt. She jerked her head to meet her yellow eyes with Erika's own. She hadn't actually spoken to the black female before but knew she held a rank lower to her, and she had comed to learn her name through the grapevine.

Now that they were facing one another, Cara approached slowly, holding her tail over her back in a slightly dominant manner. "Hello" she barked, not paying much attention to the marred side of the wolfess' face.
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The young wolf skidded to a halt and walked over to her. Her yellow eyes met with Erika's pale ones, glimmering with dominance. The yearling's tail was held over her back, acknowledging the rank difference between them. Cara greeted her simply, and Erika was surprised that the white female had not flinched at her face. Bon. C'est un bon début.

Her own tail tucked between her legs slightly. "I 'ave not met you yet...'ow long 'ave you been 'ere?" she began the conversation. "Your name iz Cara, correct?"
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
The lack of reaction towards Cara's dominant display earned the black female a low snort and an ear flick. She had never gotten the chance to empower her rank over another individual and the fact that Erika seemed unreactive annoyed her. Of course it was just a childdish tantrum since she truly had no right to go rubbing her superior rank in her own packmate's face.

But that was just how the light female was, a girl that enjoyed to be in the spotlight and to have the final say. And since she couldn't do so in front of other pack mates she enjoyed moments like this were she could flaunt the little power she had in the pack.

Cara's eyebrows furrowed when the female began to speak, with a jagged accent that made it hard for the yearling to undersrand her. "Not more than two months" she barked, with pride swarming over her chest. When she had joined the black female already occupied a spot in the pack, still despite her short time in the pack Cara had managed to quickly ascend through the ranks.

It was quite ironic Cara was now paying so much attention to the ranks, considering she had protested to settle under a label during her first weeks in the pack. Maybe it had been because she was at the lowest point at that moment, now that she held a spot near the top she didn't seem to complain..

Annyways, leaving her selfish thoughts aside for a minute she glanced back at the female. "Yes that's me" she barked coolly, "You are Erika right?" she asked, even if she already knew the answer.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
When Cara snorted and flicked her ear, Erika internally rolled her eyes. The French-Canadian wolf was not used having a younger wolf being a higher rank than her, so she did not give her the proper respect that she should have. But if Cara was reacting like this, then she was practically a second Ira already. Like they needed another one of those.

"I 'ave been 'ere for a bit over zree." she said, ignoring the pride in the yearling's voice. "And oui, my name iz Erika. My full title iz Erika de Les Fantômes. Erika of ze Phantoms."
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
excuse Cara's snobbish behaviour :p

Again the arrogant Epsilon flicked her tail sideways, its tip lashing against her side like a whip. The lower ranked female still didn't show any submission, which made her angry but still she wasn't as pushy to make a big deal out of it, instead she just pursed her lips with cold indifference when she told her how long she had been a member as well.

Not that it was Cara's interest anyways. But it didn't end there, then she gave her her full name, as if the diva would even take a moment to remember it. The pallid girl's eyes scanned her companion's own, and gave her a weak smile out of simple politeness more than anything.

Now if Erika expected Cara to give her full name, she'd be left waiting forever, the girl had no interest in speaking about herself at the moment. "So..Erika" she barked after a moment of silence, "What are you doing around here?" she inquired by raising an eyebrow. Cara had been running recklessly around the base of the mountain to relieve some tension and patrol the borders while she was at it, was Erika doing the same..?
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
She felt like she was liking this yearling less and less the more she talked to her. Cara was not even courteous enough to provide an answer to her unspoken question. What is your full name? She was only trying to be polite. The black wolf was getting more and more frustrated now.

"Not much. I was 'hoping to stop at ze cave to get some food and cool off. It iz too 'it in my den." The Algonquin wolf needed to find a way to get some insulation into her den. It was too stuffy now that Sumner had arrived, which made for very unpleasant nights.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
Honestly Cara couldn't care less about how the disfigures wolfess viewed her, whether she liked or loathed her was truly meaningless to the stuck-up Epsilon, truth be told, Cara was not a great fan of Erika either. Don't get her wrong, it had nothing to do with the scar she wore on her face, Cara was superficial but not to that point. Au contraire, Cara disliked the girl because deep inside, even if she'd never admit it, she viewed the black female like a potential threat to her rank .

It was nothing personal really, it was common for the pallid wolfess to create animosity between her companions, she had never been one to trust easily, and after Majesty's sudden betrayal she was even more suspicious and harsh with her packmates. The unfortunate event that had ended up in Majesty's expulsion from the pack had served as a wake up call for the girl, after all the brown male had been the only one Cara had begun to trust and after what that friendship had resulted in, the girl was no longer interested in holding relationships as such with any of her packmates.

"Yes, it's beggining to get hot around here, " she agreed with a nod, "Even if the sky is always cloudy, the heat is is turning irritating.." she barked gruffly. "I imagine it's only worse underground, that's why I sleep out in the open" she commented when Erika mentioned her den.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Similar to the white Epsilon, she was feeling very distrustful of her packmates at the moment. While Cara felt threatened by the others because of rank, Erika was threatened by the others knowing where she went when she slipped away. Ever since Lecter interrogated her, she had been feeling in edge, questioning the wolves she lived with constantly. Cara was no different.

"Ze humid days are ze worst, no matter where you sleep. Well, excepting ze caves. Zat's where I intend to sleep during ze very 'ot days."
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
Cara listened half-heartedly what the black she-wolf had to say, she agreed to what sh pointed out, but felt like she had little to contribute to the conversation.. Was the chemistry between these two females so insignificant that the only topic they could talk about was the weather?

The yearling nodded again, this time without making any comment, she was seriously trying to keep the conversation going but talking about the weather? That was just sad.

Flicking her tail expectantly, the young Epsilon motioned towards the side where the pack's territory ended. "Have you travelled a lot?" she wondered suddenly, a question that might've taken Erika of guard since she was feeling particularly nervous about her packmate's constant inquires. Funny enough Cara was just asking due to her curiosity, oblivious to the fact that her dark packmate had indeed done a lot of travelling...
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Obviously bored and impatient, the young wolf changed the subject again. This time, it was her travelling history. Ignoring the previous topic, she answered her. "Yes. I 'ave travelled since I was one year old. I am about zree now." She said, thinking back to the time after she escaped the human's den. "I escaped from a place in ze east, far away from a coast. Zen, I made my way 'ere over the years."
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
finish? whatever you'd like, I'd really like a thread when Erika's out muaha

It was clear the comversation was dying. These two females had nothing in common, they shared nothing more than an alliance. They had a same ruler. That was it, there was no more to it.

After Erika's final word left her mouth, Cara knew te convertsion had finally stoped living. As a uncomfortable silence settled between them, the young wolf shuffled her paws and glanced casually at her side. "So..um how are you settling here?" she barked blankly making a final attempt at saving the conversation.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The conversation was quite bland. As bland as tree bark to be honest. She had her experiences with such conversations, but she didn't expect it to happen with her own packmates. These were wolves that she was expected to live and die for. Why shouldn't she learn who they were. But not with this conversation.

The young wolf made one final attempt on saving the dying chat. "I guess I am well. My friends are gone and I do not know ze rest of ze wolves. But besides zat I like it here. What about you?"
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
Cara made an effort to seem interested, she truly did, but she just felt a lack of connection between her and Erika. She watched curiously the way the other female spoke, trying to read any expression from the wolfess' marred face. She'd like to know if she was as uncomfortable as her.

When Erika mentioned that all her friends were gone she tried to think of every member that had either died or left the pack recently. Just one name stood above the rest. Majesty, the infamous brown male that had betrayed them over a loner. Had she been close to the male? she wondered, not knowing that they shared more than a friendship. Either way she did not bother to ask, instead she hummed sympathetically and barked softly, "I'm liking it, I was wary at first, leaving my independence behind was tough but now I feel content"
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
With nothing in common, the conversation was dull and lifeless. Erika felt the urge to let the white yearling leave and go their seperate ways. But, she tried to open up the conversation again when the young wolf responded on her life in the pack. "Are you close with any of ze wolves 'ere? What about Kaname?" The dark wolf was there when they chased Majesty from Silvertip territory. Perhaps they were friendly with one another?
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
shall we start wrapping up? <3

Kaname.
The image of the brown male's face popped into the yearling's mind, and while she thought highly of him, her pale yellow eyes didn't betray her thoughts. He had shown to be a good packmate, he seemed loyal -unlike the other brown male she knew- and had proved to be cooperative, coming to her aid when she had encountered the lone wolf near the pack's borders.

The pale girl flicked her tail and glanced at the black female casually, "He's cool, one of the few wolves that seem trustworthy.." she barked, grumbling out the last part.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Yes. And I'm sort of kind of shipping Kaname and Cara right now in this post. Tell me if you mind. XD Hey, how do you do strikeouts (the lines through words)

Something in the way Cara responded made her think. Did Cara like the dark Gamma? Like like? Well, at least their union would be legal and not frowned upon like hers. She only nodded. "Oui. From what I 'ave seen of 'im, 'e iz dedicated to ze pack. 'e deserves 'is Gamma rank." Though secretly, she did not trust the dark-furred wolf, he was active in helping the pack, always hunting and patrolling the borders. If the little white admired him (or loved him), she did not blame her at alll.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
I can't say I haven't thought about it as well :0 but I don't know we'll just have to see how it develops, so far Kaname is Cara's favortite packmate :p
and you use this code [s][/*s] -without the * of course :)

If the pale yearling could read Erika's mind she wouldn't hesitate in slapping the scarred wolf. Cara thought highly of the male, but just because she actually liked the wolf out of all her packmates didn't mean she was instantaneously in love with him.

The relation between the browm Gamma and her was strictly professional right now, of course he had volunteered to help the young Epsilon to earn her Outrider trade but that wasn't a love declaration.

"Yes, he deserves it" she echoed the black wolfess, feeling a tiny pinch of jealousy in her stomach, she'd like to wear that title someday as well.. But for now she was content with her position and recognized Kaname's value in the pack.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Thanks. :) If you want to go on with that plot, we could always plan it out.

Nodding in agreement, the black wolf looked off into the distance. She was longing to leave this little conversation. Cara and her were two different females. The white yearling was ambitious and longing for power in the pack; a wolf who went by her emotions. She however was more reserved and compliant. They were two sides of the same coin, white and black. You rarely get a good conversation from wolves of such opposing personailites.

"Excusez-moi, Cara. But I do believe zis conversation is running dry." she said bluntly for once. She was certain Cara agreed.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
I'll think about it :)

A thought planted itself in the yearling head, she cursed the moment she had decided to approach the scarred female in the first place, she should've kept running, then she would've never gotten involved in such depressing conversation.

But she had felt bad, what impression would she leave if she just ignored every other indvidual that crossed her path? An antisocial member wasn't something pack's benefitted on.

"Very" she agreed with a flat tone, while she turned to leave the marred female behind. Cara gave a final woof as goodbye and ran off, bucking and kicking like a mad bull that has seen red.