Sleepy Fox Hollow the demons told me everything
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
All Welcome 
forward dated to june 26th

he didn’t stop running. there needed to be as much distance between him and the valley as possible. if any of the bearclaw wolves found him out here, he wouldn’t no what to do or say. there was no excuse for what he did.

a mountain blocked his path. he wanted to go around it, but figured cutting through would be the best option. so that’s what he did and he ended up in a quiet meadow. the fox smell was pungent and he wasn’t in the mood with dealing with any so he quickened his pace.
common | japanese
61 Posts
Ooc — Tony
First part is only for me to set up a timeline... Can ignore if ya want

Once more Shiori found herself delving deep into the Teekon Wilds to take visit the Lair. It was simply too big a load of peace and good memories of Ryujin that she couldn't simply leave it behind and, for the second time in her lifetime, she spent a night within its lush caves alone, in peace. The next morning she felt complete.

Many times it had crossed her head that she could make her own home here even if she had to do it alone. It could be some sort of outpost for her family to find if it was ever needed. Shiori hadn't given up hope of finding her lost sister, but the chances she was the same Airi she remembered were slim. After a whole year of searching it was perhaps obvious that her quest to find her had gone to failure, but Shiori's code of honor wouldn't allow her to come back to Asterr without her firstborn daughter. She had to stay in the Teekon Wilds, and although it didn't seem like such a terrible fate staying meant being away from her family indefinitely, which hurt deeply.

No matter how much of a paradise the Lair was, it didn't have everything. Shiori relied on lavender to sooth the occasional headaches, and lavender did not grow at such heights. More often than not she only had to come down to the Arrow lake to find enough herbs for a couple days but today wasn't one of those days. Her usual go-to meadow had nothing usable left, and a pound had started growing up her cervical spine, and so she saw herself forced to come down to a nearby hollow in hopes that she could find there what she needed.

She followed a small creek to a peaceful meadow haunted by the occasional fox cry of which there seemed to be a very healthy population. She knew she could find lavender in plains and dryer lands, and with enough determination she eventually found a healthy plant with plenty of beautiful flowers to pick from. By this time the pounding had reached the core of her head and it was painful.

She was halfway through harvesting the herb when she picked up a distant rustling noise approaching her. It was an animal, most likely a wolf, and he was moving at a considerable speed. Shiori dropped the lavender flowers close to he bush where she knew she would find them again easily and readied herself to confront whatever danger was on its way to her, but when his image materialized from behind a copse of maple trees Shiori realized there was nothing to worry about. She distinguished him to be a large wolf of dark pelage whose attention was directed anywhere but her. The runner seemed troubled by his expression, and Shiori allowed a gentle bark to fall from her lips to catch his attention. What was he running away from?

インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

all of his senses were slowly being clouded by frustration. he couldn’t believe he fell prey to intrusive thoughts. again. after being welcome into someone’s home for the fifth time and knowing the consequences of traveling alone all too well, he was still drawn back to living in solitude. it was an unhealthy addiction.

the soft bark sent his fur bristling in surprise. he immediately assumed someone followed him, but the girl looked like no one he knew, so he allowed himself to relax. “sorry, you startled me,” he sighed.

common | japanese
61 Posts
Ooc — Tony

She had startled the male, which had her flattening her ears down to her head in shame. His voice, despite its warmth sounded afflicted as he addressed Shiori. I didn't mean to, I am very sorry, she said as she lowered her crown politely. A closer look at him confirmed that he was indeed troubled by something. He was distant and apprehensive, which only fed Shiori's worry.

Are you alright? she asked softly seeing the anguish in his eyes and wondering if there was something she could do to make things better. I have some lavender here, would you like to share? she offered kindly overseeing the fact that perhaps he wasn't aware of the herb's soothing properties. The roughness of her physique was miles away from the tenderness of her voice. More often than not the people she met focused too much on her size image to even bother looking deeper, and she had yet so much to offer.

インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

she dipped her head and apologized. “it’s ok, no need for apologies.” she asked if he was alright. “could be worse,” he shrugged. and it was definitely going to get worse soon. issun knew the nomad’s life all too well and it had its pros and cons. a couple cons being food and company.

lavender?” he knew nothing about its soothing properties or anything about plants in general. “it’s not poisonous right?” there was a glimpse of light-heartedness in his voice, but it was shrouded by stress.
common | japanese
61 Posts
Ooc — Tony

Shiori laughed, realizing that perhaps she should have explained to him the medicinal properties of the Lavender flowers. No, it is a medicinal herb, she started, smiling. She then turned around to gather the flowers she had collected and placed them in front of him for his eyes to witness. They were fresh, beautifully colored and healthy.

It's very good for headaches and mild pains, but sometimes I also use it when I'm sad or tired. It helps me to calm down a bit and think things with more clarity. she explained with soft voice, settling down near him. I think you'll find it useful, she offered with a tender smile.

インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

the lavender vibrant and had a sweet smell to them. he’d seen them on his travels before, but tended to admire them from a distance. bees swarmed around them and he didn’t want to get stung. but now he could safely appreciate their appearance.

sounds like it works wonders.” issun prodded it with a tentative paw. he wasn’t sure what to do with it. “do i eat it?
common | japanese
61 Posts
Ooc — Tony

Chewing it works best, she said, taking one flower to show him how. This way you get the most of it... Takes much longer to kick in if you swallow it, she gently explained as she chewed. You try, she encouraged with a smile, and sat back to enjoy.

The smell of the flowers alone was helpful, but after a while of chewing she could really feel its effects on her headache and wondered if it was working for her friend. She looked at him with curious eyes and smiled. I'm Shiori, she said, hoping to get his name in return. Then when she felt comfortable enough to try again she asked Were you... Is everything okay? shyly. She was genuinely worried about him, unable to ignore the trouble in his expression when she first saw him.

インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

he grabbed one of the flowers and slowly started to chew. a contempt feeling washed over him the longer he kept at it. his muscles sunk and he with relief. this was some good stuff.

she offered her name and he replied with, “issun.” she then asked if he was ok. “i left my home behind.” if you could even call it home. more like temporary shelter considering that he hadn’t stayed too long. “i’m disappointed with myself, but i’ll be ok.
common | japanese
61 Posts
Ooc — Tony

Issun. A name that would be committed to memory. He admitted that he'd left home, which explained how troubled he seemed. Hopefully the effects had already started to kick in as was the case for Shiori herself, and Issun would have a chance to evaluate things with more clarity.

Shiori nodded, agreeing that Issun would be okay but for a moment she didn't know what to say, she didn't know his case very well, and knowing how things worked Shiori knew that there could be at least a reason to leave one's home for every star up in the sky. Still she didn't feel comfortable enough asking any further, she didn't have Issun's confidence just yet.

However, she did have the right to share her own story. I also left home. I lived in those mountains once with my mother and sisters, she said pointing at the sunspire range behind them with her muzzle. But they moved away and I decided to stay here.

インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

he was curious as to why she chose to stay. if it were him he would have followed, but of course he was unaware of the situation. maybe they were unkind, or the girl simply wanted to explore on her own. but what did he know?

they were just two loners with no place to go. it made him wonder if it would be a good idea for them to travel together. it would surely be beneficial. they could provide each other food and company. “did you want to stay here? like, for awhile?” he asked, “i don’t know where i’ll be going, but you’re welcome to join me if you want.
common | japanese
61 Posts
Ooc — Tony
mobile post 4 u!

A nostalgic smile crept upon her lips as Shiori looked away from the mountains and down to her toes. She toyed with the remaining flowers absentmindedly and almost did not hear Issun's proposal, but the implication of it whacked the young Draconid back into reality.

She froze, looking back at her new friend with wide eyes as she considered the option. Her outpost at the mountains was as hopeful as any other effort to find her sisters, and she honestly doubted she could stay there alone for too long.

She stuttered for a moment, nothing coherent came from her voice until she held her tongue and took a deep breath to say I'm sorry but... I can't, with dubious resolve. Would she ever find her sisters? The least she could do to uphold her dignity was try.