Stone Circle One creatures mistake is another's gain
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
A large buck entered Easthollow! Illecebra wants to take it down! @Howl @Casimir @Cardinal @Stark @Kegana i probably forgot tags but jump in!

It was a nice day, not exactly warm as there was a chill on the air but it was sunny and the birds were singing. Illecebra found herself in an energetic mood exploring the territory on all parts. It was a pleasant reprieve from the emotional torment that plagued her recently, just one day to enjoy herself where her dark thoughts seemed to hide away. As she came upon the field where the Bison normally were, she was met with a surprising but not unpleasant sight.

There was a large buck standing there grazing calmly despite the stench of wolves around him. She licked her lips and went forward a bit knowing the pack could use it with the pups and all their members, yet she also knew with a rack like that it would be dangerous. So she lifted her head and called for her packmates, signalling a hunt she'd need help with.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn was patrolling as usual when she heard the call. She didn't recognize the howl that came from the field the bison frequented, but it promised a hunt, and she was always down for a good hunt. Not wanting to waste any time, she turned and headed in the direction of the call. 

When she arrived in the large field turned green by the warm summer weather, she saw a dark wolf she had seen in passing but had never actually had a conversation with. As she got closer, she chuffed a greeting, and that's when she saw an enormous buck brazenly grazing in the middle of their very marked territory.

When she came up beside the female, she gave a incline of her head and said, "This should be fun," a devilish grin slowly spreading across her face with her words as she tracked the buck's every move with her hunter's gaze.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
46 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Red heard the howl, but she was way on the other side of the territory at the time. “Aw, crap. Uggghhhh,” she groaned as she turned towards the direction the howl and took off. “Now I gotta run all the way over there…” 

When she finally arrived at the spot where the two other wolves were standing, she was panting and her muscles burned, but she was still full of energy. She was used to running long distances, especially since it was so crucial to her role as a ranger and ambassador. “What’s up?” she asked, coming closer — and then she saw it. A massive buck. “Holy crap.” What was it doing there? It was just standing there, like it was asking to be eaten. “Oh. Well… I don’t know if three wolves will be enough to bring down that one.” She studied it, looking for any weaknesses, but couldn’t spot any. And the huge rack on its head would prove incredibly dangerous if they weren’t careful. This would be a challenge.
Cardinal will exit a thread after 10 days of no replies. Feel free to skip her after 10 days, as well.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Once Mawk joins I will making the first round. No posting order for this thread!

Slowly her call was answered but to her dismay only two showed up. One was a female she had never met and the other she remembered by the name Red. She flashed the unknown woman an eager grin when she commented on the hunt  "I know right?" she said. Turning to Red she flicked her ear noticing she was out of breath before turning to look at the buck again. It didn't seem to notice the three wolves staring at it and if it did it didn't care. "I know one person who'd come if I call him personally" she said and then lifted her muzzle, calling for @Mawk.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph's head lifted when she heard the call, and her tail began to wag as she lifted herself off the ground. She was off and trotting towards where the call came from, excited for a hunt. There were several others there when she arrived and she gave each a smile before turning her attention to their potential prey. He was big, and Steph was sure he would be a challenge. But, she was sure up for it!
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
When the call rose on the air, he was hesitant. Cebra. He wasn't sure if he could stand seeing her face yet, couldn't stand to see her standing there after his heart had been shattered - his pain wouldn't go for a long time, of this he was certain, if it ever left. But he was not one to ignore his duties, no matter how drained he was, so he began to make his way there.

When he came upon the scene, he didn't look at Cebra. He couldn't bear to see her face, her eyes, no - it would break him all over again. He remained silent, stoic. The buck that the group gathered were eying was large, and he could definitely see why backup was called - this one would be tough.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Okay! Official round one!: Feel free to roll for moves and make it fun! This will be a success eventually.

He responded. She hadn't been to confident in her words after she had spoken them, a wave of nauseating guilt crushing her and leaving her looking upset and breathless before her packmates. When he arrived she did look at him, she saw the way he couldn't bear to look at her and she broke even more. It was then she made the decision to leave Easthollow for a short period of time. She would go, so Mawk wouldn't have to see or smell her and she would go so that she didn't get tempted by Howl again.

Deciding that five was going to have to be good enough she tried to sound firm but her voice trembled "Okay. Steph and Brynn will begin to aggravate the buck, get it moving  toward us. Red, Mawk and I will be standing here to cut it off and go for the kill. When we have it stopped I want everyone to surround it. Bite everywhere and anywhere, tire it out, we need this kill for our pack and mostly for Valette. Everyone agree?" she laid out the plan, taking lead since she had summoned the hunt but gave them the option to back out.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn waited patiently as two females she had not formally met came to join them, and she gave them both polite nods in greeting. She wondered were her friend, Kegana was. They had hunted together before and the female wasn't one to turn down a good hunt. Oh well, she would just have to tell her about it later. Also, why hadn't Howl joined? They could use all the help they could get. Although, maybe it was a good thing he hadn't come. She would be way too distracted with him around. If she could have blushed, she would have at that thought. Realizing this was not the time, she shook her head slightly to bring her focus back to the task at hand.

She was glad when Illecebra called for one more wolf. The more help they had, the better. Mawk showed up not long after the call. He was one of the few wolves she had actually officially met, and she was glad to have his help. She didn't miss the weird tension between him and Illecebra, but it wasn't really any of her business. They both seemed willing to focus on the hunt regardless of whatever was going on between them. 

When the dark female laid out the plan and gave her an objective, she nodded. She looked to Steph then, "I'll come at him from the right and you can go from behind. That way, we can herd him towards the rest of the group." Assuming the female agreed to the plan, Brynn made her way the buck's right side. His left was facing the group as he grazed, so she decided to walk around to his right side from behind hoping he wouldn't catch on before she got there. Slowly, she stalked through the grass until she made it to his other side amazingly undetected. 

With a look to Steph to make sure she was ready, she trotted close enough to the beast to catch his attention. He moved towards her with his huge rack, but she had anticipated it and moved out of the way, positioning herself between him the rest of the group hoping to lead him there with Steph's help.
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She looked to Cebra, the one leading this hunt, and then to Brynn as their assignments were given. She nodded and smiled, accepting her position, and her teammate in this hunt. She waited until all instructions were given before going to Brynn, agreeing with her idea on how to handle the buck. Sounds good, she responded.

She moved into position, keeping her teammate in her eye site so she could make sure to work with her, and not make a move that would hinder this hunt. Brynn moved and got the buck's attention, and that's when Steph moved in to nip at his hocks, letting him know there was more than one of them. Steph hoped the buck would turn and run instead of face them, but she also knew it could go either way.
46 Posts
Ooc — Fira
SORRY. I forgot to subscribe to this so I didn't get any notifications about it!

More and more Easthollow wolves followed the sound of the call and soon there were enough of them to bring down the buck. Illecebra laid out the plans and Red nodded. “Sounds good to me,” she said, and then settled down to wait. It had been a long time since she had hunted large game, but she was sure she’d do well. This was what wolves did best, after all. She kept her eyes trained on the buck, not letting herself get distracted by her packmates — or by the sound Illecebra’s trembling voice. There was something there, some emotion, but Red did not have time to ask her about it, and would not do so in front of everyone else regardless.
Cardinal will exit a thread after 10 days of no replies. Feel free to skip her after 10 days, as well.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk felt a lump in his throat, the pain bubbling up and catching any words that he might've had the courage to speak. He couldn't. She'd betrayed him, he should be angry - but he was not, he only hurt. Being here hurt, looking her way hurt, hearing her speak as though nothing was wrong (despite the tremble in her voice) hurt. He wanted to reverse time, stop whatever went wrong before it had the chance. But oh, he knew who had caused all this - fucking Lonzo. Then again, he wasn't the only one to blame. Howl was on his list of: you fucked up and i'm mad at you, even though he was sure that Howl did not know that Mawk himself knew what had happened behind the scout's back.

Ouch.

He cringed to himself, feeling a jab at his heart. The man attempted to focus on his... his... mate's words, and did his best to hold himself together, awaiting the start of the hunt.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Round two!: The deer will be moving and everyone will do the take down!

Everyone agreed to the plan and moved to do their part, leaving her standing alone with Mawk. Shit...she could have chosen to send him away to run it in and have someone else be her partner. She let her head fall and sucked in a few breaths, fighting against the breakdown that had suddenly begun. Her eyes watered and she gave a small whine, turning to sneak a glance at Mawk before a loud bellow from the Buck got her attention. When Steph and Brynn had begun to pester the Buck it immediately took off toward them and Cebra focused in, shoving the emotional pain down into the depths of her mind.

As the buck got close she snarled and jumped into it's path, cringing and ducking as it reared and flailed it's forehooves at her. Cebra snarled and ducked underneath the frightened creature and bit into it's stomach before slipping out again and keeping at it, biting,releasing, repeating.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn and Steph had managed to herd the Buck towards the group, and seizing the opportunity, Illecebra lunged and the large creature, managing to get in a few good bites.

Seeing that the buck was distracted, Brynn ran to its other side and jumped up towards his large shoulder. She managed to sink her teeth in to her targeted spot, blood running from the bite to streak down her neck. 

The buck turned towards her then, attempting to hit her with his large antlers. She let go at the last minute, barely dodging a hit from the beast's formidable weapon. She landed back on the ground and ran around to the other side, hoping her attack had also provided a distraction for one of the other wolves to attempt another strike.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The pack worked as a team, one distracting while another would attempt a hit at their prey. Cebra and Brynn both took their shots, and when the buck was distracted again, Steph took hers, as well. She opened her jaws and clamped them down on the back thigh of the beast, sinking her teeth into the muscle. 

The buck yelled in protest and attempted to jerk his leg away from her, but he only succeeding in tearing his own muscle, as Steph held on. She felt the tear and released her hold as the buck danced away from her, now limping on that leg. He was seriously wounded by all the attacks, and Steph knew the chances of them taking him down were increasing.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Wrapping this up! Lets take him down! @Brynn @Steph @Cardinal @Mawk

Within seconds the small group who had answered her call closed in and did major damage. The buck was fading fast. Cebra ducked back in with a deadly snap of her jaws, tore open the jugular. It was messy as hell but within the next thirty seconds the buck let out a sickly bellow and slumped down, twitching as it's eyes faded into dead, glassy orbs. Cebra panted and stared at it for a few moments before lifting her head and grinning "That's what I'm talking about! Let's all get this back okay?" she said proudly. She lowered her maw and grabbed it's throat beginning to tug it back toward the densite.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She watched as Cebra went in for a killing strike to the buck's vulnerable neck. One she had connected and it was clear by the steady stream of blood that she had hit the right spot, Brynn jumped on the buck's side, using her weight to help force him to the ground. His fight was soon over and Brynn watched as the buck took it's last breath. 

She stood then, panting from exhilaration, and grinned at her packmate's words. When Cebra started tugging from the creature's neck, Brynn promptly took hold of the shoulder and started pulling in the same direction.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
He hadn't missed the whine. He hadn't missed the subtle, quick glance passed to him. 

He was growing sick of this. He longed so badly to embrace her, to touch his nose to her cheek and wipe away the tears that threatened to spill - but he couldn't. Not yet. Oh it hurt. He took a slow, deep breath before tearing his eyes away to focus on the hunt just as she did. The buck charged toward the pair and he snapped his jaws, watching from the corner of his eye as Illecebra sprung forward to deliver a blow to the prey's stomach.

In a rush of adrenaline, Mawk darted slightly to the side and leaped forward to draw blood from the buck's shoulder, only falling back once the kicks aimed too close to himself. The group managed to bring it down and a slight smile curled the man's lips as the creature took its last breath - they'd done it. Now, they had to bring it back.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The next several minutes were a blur of bites and blood for Steph. She dodged kicks from their prey and then sunk her teeth into whatever flesh she could get them into. She could hear her packmates all around her, doing their part to take down the beast.

The bunk went down, and Steph released her grip long enough to see that Cebra had ripped open its throat. She growled in excitement and then grabbed the buck again to help move it to where they would feast. She hoped @Valette would be proud of them, and maybe her siblings could take a chunk out of it, too.