Swiftcurrent Creek I'm your wake up call and you know I'm right
Let's find a light inside our universe now
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Against all odds things off-belly looked up more every day. Warmth was never denied to her and her brother and she'd already learned that the more effort she put into her crying increased her chances of being served her sweet, delicious milk meal and a cuddle. So far she'd had a perfect streak. Pretty good, huh?

Aside from yelling and eating, Eilonwy dedicated her time to little else. Squirming around looking for trouble was not her favourite activity, that was reserved for capable-bodied individuals like her brother. She preferred to sleep and cuddle with mom. Oh, and getting baths! Those were reeeally good. Anyway, The times when Eilonwy was most active, and which she would define as the most productive, were when she interacted with her mother. Every time Chusi's muffled voice arose, Eilonwy mustered a squirmy yip in response. Oh, how she loved her voice, it meant everything sweet and good in life.

That morning had started like every other. After sleeping soundly through the night (I lie, Eilonwy had awaken no less than five times to cry for milk) mother arose with a gentle greeting that bathed the dark child with her warm breath and Eilonwy promptly arose with a yip as she attempted to reach out for mother with her over-sized and unbalanced head. But today the light was brighter. She could not have explained it, but the world was not as dark and abstract as it used to be. At first it was barely a slit between them, but as she struggled to get used to the light shining through and she forcefully blinked and wriggled in protest that slit became two independent lids that opened and closed on Eilonwy's command. Not a thing of what she was seeing had a shape or meant anything yet, but the sole illusion of movement as the light changed in front of her awoke an instinct that had her dragging herself around the den, chasing and yapping at shadows and shapes she still could not understand.

· ~ The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things ~ ·
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm your wake up call and you know I'm right - by Eilonwy - June 26, 2018, 04:26 PM
RE: I'm your wake up call and you know I'm right - by Eilonwy - September 15, 2018, 10:51 AM