Blackfeather Woods It's time to play
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
All Welcome 
Corvus is close to the border but not trespassing. Still............... @Damien :3c

Corvus drifted near the border of a foreboding forest. He lifted his nose to sift through the scents nearby. It was clear that the place was already claimed. He juggled with the thought of trying to join but quickly dismissed it. He wasn't ready to settle down; not yet. He had grown accustomed to a life of travel and enjoyed the feeling of freedom and independence. It would be smart to join a pack before winter crept in, but he had time.

He simply followed the border of this pack for now, making his way south again after his interesting run-in at the nearby creek. A twinge of disappointment ran through him at the realization that his decision meant he couldn't explore the woods, but it mattered little.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
@Kove I think this qualifies for the 'How Mighty a Hero' quest? :D

Ever since his return the spider prince had been reduced to work like he was some kind of commoner. Patrolling, filling caches, patrolling even more. He had not been expecting a grand welcome, nor a party of any kind. He knew he was in a way a deserter, but even then he was still Meldresi's heir, and the last Melonii standing. He deserved better.

With a hot-blooded head and a frown Damien trailed the borders of the pack as he had been tasked to do. So far he had only encountered a couple coyotes that had been easily chased off and corvids pestering the borders. In general it had been an uneventful day, which only added to Damien's anger. But with the last ray of sunlight gone and the full moon as his spotlight a serious threat took the stage.

One more step and you're dead meat, threatened the dark prince with a growl as he emerged from the shadows, knowing very well that Blackfeather Woods territory hadn't yet been violated. It isn't uncommon for wolves to enforce their territoriality on a wider range than what's claimed, and today was not Damien's happiest day. But aside from his personal problems Blackfeather Woods was now home to three different litters of spiderlings, and it was hardly the time to be tolerant with outsiders.

[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
From the shadows emerged a dark figure similar to himself—in scars and all—and he was clearly not in a joyful mood.

"One more step, and you're dead meat."

Well, that certainly escalated quickly. Cocky, are we? He asked nonchalantly with a small amused smile. Still, he remained where he was, for the time being. How will I leave if I don't move? The mercenary's head tilted in a mocking way, though it was a legitimate question. Wouldn't it be better if he kept a move on? That's what he was doing until this bristling stranger came along.

A fight with this man would be very distinct from the silly scrap he had with the woman at the creek. As much as he adored fighting, he wasn't trying to needlessly get himself killed.

But that didn't stop his naturally goading demeanor.

Romanian | English
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

The dark male's insolence did little else than heighten the already bloated anger that haunted Damien that day. He growled at the first comment, baring his teeth and pressing forth with rough, aggressive steps. He would not have it.

How about 'in pieces'? he growled, and just about that was enough for Damien to lose it. He lunged towards the other male with bared teeth, aiming straight for his face. If words weren't clear enough for this asshole then perhaps a couple severed limbs would make the cut.

You can decide whether it's a hit or a miss,
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
It was clear to Corvus that this man was in a particularly sour mood, and the manner in which he approached told him he was itching for a fight. His muscles coiled instinctively, though his demeanor remained apathetic yet somewhat amused. Still, he'd rather not suffer serious wounds, especially not now, being the loner he was. The other dark man's quip rolled off his back, just like the rest. Show me, if you can! Corvus returned in a voice oddly not angered, but excited. His fiery eyes burned holes into him, wide with focus and thrill.

He'd begun to move, sensing the man's incoming attack. He beheld the familiar sight of jaws launching right for his face and whipped his head back while sidestepping to his left. Corvus felt the wind from the blow he narrowly escaped as if toying with a coiled snake, hearing the clack of his opponent's jaws in his ear. To return the favor, he himself lunged forwards with jaws parted, aiming to clamp them down on the side of the man's neck just behind his jaw. If able to hit his mark, Corvus would thrash his head wildly to tear flesh and gift pain, refusing to let go without considerable persuasion from his opponent.

Romanian | English
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Since Corvus is not complying with Damien's command, Damien is free to treat him as a trespasser.
Taking into account that Corvus is a Loner and currently underweight (as it says in his profile) it is very likely that Damien would overpower him easily since he is a large, healthy wolf with fighting experience, so please keep that in mind. If Corvus does not flee, the odds are that this fight will not be in his favor. Just thought I'd mention that since he dodged the first blow so easily.

The first lunge failed to make contact, and Damien's weight didn't help much with maneuvering the momentum he had from the first attack. He lunged past the trespasser, who dodged his attack with ease. But that was hardly the end of it. If the loner didn't flee, it was likely Damien was about to deal with a counterattack. He was ready, and so was the other male, who lunged at him aiming to clench his jaws on Damien's neck. While his position wasn't ideal to try and bite the other male again, Damien had the size in his favor, and he turned to ram at the male as he made his move. If he was successful Damien 's head would crash against the other's cheek with all he had, frustrating the counterattack and giving Damien an advantage to try and pin the trespasser down.

☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Corvus is slightly underweight, but he'd only weigh ~6-7 lbs more at his ideal weight. I assumed you wanted to see who'd win, but I can have him run off, if you want.

When his teeth neared the other man's flesh, it came up to greet him—hard. The stranger rammed his head into the side of Corvus' face, knocking him off-course and disorienting him momentarily. As he staggered, he felt the familiar sting of teeth pierce the flesh of his throat. Corvus released a facetious growl as if he were a pup sparring with his litter mate while the man tried to down him with his weight. He had to do something and fast.

He widened his stance to prevent himself from losing his balance before lowering his own head against the searing pain in an attempt to grab the other man's nearest foreleg. If he could succeed in doing this, he would clamp down on the limb, threatening to break it unless he was released. If he were to be released, he'd do the same and try to get some distance between him and his attacker, though he wouldn't fully turn his back on him in case he were immediately pursued. Seeing how he was introduced, he expected that to be the stranger's course of action. Corvus would be prepared to retaliate.

Romanian | English
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Nah, I mean... As I said I just thought I'd mention it since I compared Corvus' and Damien's profiles and it seemed a lot like godmodding for Corvus to dodge Damien just like that. My characters are all under a limited consent policy so I just wanted a fair fight. That's all.

Damien's head crashed against his opponent, and while it's useful to prevent his attack it also disorients Damien himself for a moment. Once he regains his balance Damien takes his chance to pin the trespasser down. He grabs the flesh of his neck and clamps down hard, trying to force the male to the ground, but his wide stance makes it impossible. Suddenly pain strikes Damien. The raven male had clutched the dark prince's left leg with his teeth, piercing skin and muscle and immobilizing his leg. Damien tried to fight it but every move made the pain worse and Corvus was starting to tear up flesh. He was forced to let go of his grip on the male's neck to try and defend his leg, but as soon as he released him, the trespassed backed away to attempt an escape. Damien tried to chase him but the pain in his leg didn't allow him to go far. He halted with a yelp of pain, and watched as the other male put distance between himself and Blackfeather Woods. With a low growl Damien put the last warning: the next time you won't be so lucky.

☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
I chose to dodge because you said I could decide if it hit or missed, and Corvus also has a lot of fighting experience; he was a literal mercenary pre-Teekons. I only moved Corvus out of the way to dodge, so that was not powerplaying/godmodding. I believe the fight was fair, though from now on I will be using dice rolls or predetermining fights to be 100% sure of that! Thank you for the thread.

The shadow felt blood dribble down from his stinging wounds, but they would heal and become scars to join the rest. Fortunately, he'd caused enough pain in the other dark male's leg to prevent him from pursuing. Sticking around such a furious wolf with fighting experience was a bad idea, so Corvus turned fully now and loped away to the east. He made a mental note not to near that foreboding forest again, lest the whole pack tear him to shreds.

Romanian | English