Wheeling Gull Isle You Dream About Going Up There, But That is a Big Mistake
Crabs?! Giant crabs?! That definitely sounded like a creature from his worst nightmares, ranking right up there with ponies and Bambi.
110 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
It's a wonderful island; so many things to see, he burbled with continuing enthusiasm, bobbing his head in eager agreement like an overeager little bird. Well I— The deluge abruptly cut off, and his brow furrowed for a moment. ...I've been around this island and visited the sea on many sides, here, he said after a moment's consideration, slowly. Or had she meant more than that, elsewhere and elsewhen? Driftwood didn't know the answer to that. Are you from the sea originally? As far as I know... yes, the sea birthed me, he said, turning puzzled and slightly troubled eyes to the beckoning gray waves. He knew it was a silly way to put it, but he couldn't really remember anything much beyond that. And he certainly didn't want to lie, even if he wasn't a pretty dismal liar to begin with. ...In more ways than one his vision was limited and often-befogged beyond the oceanic horizons of Undersea.

Have you seen many seashells yourself? he asked, pulling his attention and eyes back to her. And what kinds of things does... er, did your brother collect? Driftwood's voice grew more hesistant again as he self-corrected and then stopped with a bit of a frown. Was this blundering into sensitive territory for her? It only occurred to him to ask this of himself after the words were out of his mouth. Of course. ...Maybe he could make it up to her with a seashell? But a lightning-quick flicker of his golden eyes across the tawny sands didn't reveal even a single small broken shell he could even attempt to slide over and acquire, much less anything worthy of offering by way of apology, or thanks for that matter. Well shoot—he turned his newly-concerned eyes to Maegi once more. Siblings were a difficult subject sometimes, weren't they. Driftwood blinked at this thought, and then promptly and apprehensively focused on Maegi and her reaction again.