Firefly Ravine while i pondered weak and weary
22 Posts
Ooc — Rin
Caius, ever unfazed by her stoicness, merely smiled and mirrored the question back to her, something Invictus truly did appreciate about his company. Whether it be because he understood and accepted her lack of affection, or because he simply wasn't bothered by it, the raven never made her feel like a burden for keeping her emotions to herself, nor did he try to coax emotions out of her when she didn't want to express them. Such behavior was refreshing, and not so easily found within her own species.

"Alive," she replied, the upward inflection of her voice suggesting that was good, yet the lack of conviction and the faint sarcasm in her tone suggesting otherwise. It was more of a "take that as you will" response.

Next came his report, the part of his visits that were most expected, considering that was basically his half of their deal; to scan the area around them and bring back any information that could be deemed useful or important.

Today, however, instead of telling her about any areas abundant in herbs or about any wolves that might need her assistance, all he could say was that he'd found some packs along the coast, earning just one arched brow from the ebony pelted woman before she huffed through her nose and turned her gaze elsewhere, thinking such a notion over.

Hm. A pack. The concept of joining one had always seemed on the back burner of her mind, yet it was more so out of species-related obligation: as if she felt like because she was a wolf, she was supposed to join one at some point. However, as the days went on and she remained perfectly capable of taking care of herself and living independently, the thought never became any more appealing... but winters were pretty brutal. Prey went scarce and herbs went even scarcer... so suppose the concept of joining a pack did still somewhat appeal to her, if only for those reasons.

She'd keep it in mind.

Then, he asked "what's the plan?", drawing her silver gaze back to the bird with an ear flick. "Just keep surviving and make our way across the land in search of those that need healing." Obsidian shoulder shrugged. "Apologies if that's not the answer you wanted."

Her eyes then turned skyward, observing the partially obscured stars above. Her "plan" wasn't simple on account of having no other desires or ambitions... more so the fact that she just didn't really know what else to do with her life but to... keep moving. She often did wonder if this was the best way to live, or if she could be doing something... more.

"Think I should have one?"

The words weren't sarcastic or mocking; she actually wanted to know what he thought about it, if anything.
Currently in western Snowforest Taiga and traveling to northern Rising Sun Valley
If your wolf is nearby and has a boo boo, feel free to tag her.
Additionally, her raven companion Caius frequently travels and checks in with her.
He is free to appear in any of her threads unless specifically made private.
Messages In This Thread
while i pondered weak and weary - by Invictus - June 28, 2018, 11:16 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Caius - June 30, 2018, 12:07 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Invictus - June 30, 2018, 11:41 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Caius - July 01, 2018, 07:42 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Invictus - July 02, 2018, 08:01 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Caius - July 05, 2018, 09:11 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Invictus - July 06, 2018, 05:27 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Caius - July 15, 2018, 03:54 PM