Jade Fern Grove tell me your convoluted stories through half-rotten mouth
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

With the addition of Grezig to their ragged, mismatched band, food had been easier to obtain. Liri feels inadequate when Kavik returns from his forays with large game. The northron struggles but no matter how hard she strains - hunting big game is an obstacle she cannot overcome. It's not food she searches for as she leaves Illidan in Kavik's capable hands but lavender - to soothe Kavik's frayed nerves.

Liri finds this all less stressful than her protective giant; she'd traveled Teekon for the majority of her stay. Truly, it had seemed her time spent in packs was only a momentary break from her wandering. She'd found much danger but she'd been alone then, vulnerable. She has an added responsibility with the wild child she's taken in but Kavik is with her, Grezig too now. 

Her lover had been unsure about the woman they'd found on the banks of the river but Grezig did not seem like one for lies or deception; she'd been straightforward with them and they could use another able-bodied member in their group. 

The fen she finds herself in has an almost magical air - as if inhabited by some unseen forest creatures. The sun falls in stripes through the thin, arrow-straight saplings - their greedy branches reaching to meet the sun. Beneath her pale paws, a summer's worth of new growth covers the ground not unlike an odd blanket of snow. 

Liri finds the lavender at the edge of a grassy clearing to the northern boundary of the glade. Amidst cricket song and the cooing of the doves who reside there, Liri snips some blooms from the plants with a delicate clip of her teeth. 

Before heading back, the healer rests the lavender gently atop a boulder and flops on her side in the sweet smelling grass. The grass is cool and flowers catch in her fur as she squirms, relieving her itchy places. With a sigh, she rolls in it with joy - coming up green and damp with dew as she shakes herself off.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir awoke to the chirping of birds around her, she blinked a few times before lifting her head to look around. It was a beautiful morning, the sun shining down, dew fresh on the grass, and the air crisp as she breathed it in. Her tail flicked as she rose to her elbows and then to her feet, her muscles were tense from laying there all night. Carefully she stretched each of her legs and then hunched her back.

She roamed the horizon with her eyes and in the distance she spotted some movement, though she thought it was prey later she would find it to be another wolf. With her point set she started over, cautiously. 

As Elixir moved closer she noticed the figure became more and more wolf like in features: a long tail, pointed ears (not like hers, but she’d met enough wolves to know what they’d looked like.), and paws. As she analyzed her feet were moving in a shuffling manner, a bit tight but fast. Eventually she found herself in front of what she now found as a white wolf stained with green, she sniffed a minute and then looked slightly embarrassed at the woman. 

I couldn’t control my feet... and my brain just kept looking.. now I’m here... and I’m not even sure what to do or say.... her mind was racing along with her heart. “Hello” she offered quietly, in almost a whisper since she did come up to her first.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Later, she would chide herself for not noticing the other - likely Kavik would too if he found out, she thinks with wry amusement - but as the stranger approached Liri felt her head cock curiously of its own accord. She'd seen creatures like the girl, like Queenie, to the west. They'd been only slightly smaller than her, with broad muscles and harsh, snapping jaws. 

It's with some apprehension that she watches the girl approach but as she nears, Liri finds little reason to be alarmed. The girl is only slightly larger than her though to look at her conformation and floppy ears was to see immediately that she was not fully lupine. Her coat, as black as Kavik's, was thinner, smoother than her own arctic cloak. Curiously, the girl sports a scar spanning the length of her left side and what looks like a lumpy burn scar from this angle on her underside. Liri spares these no more than half a glance, aware that she is covered in scars herself. 

The northron is tall and proud in comparison to the girl's submissive stance but this is open and friendly - for the healer can remember many times she could have used a smiling face to welcome her. The sylph chuffs softly in greeting, approaching on slow steps to sniff the shy wolfdog.

"I'm Liri," she offers softly, given that this is allowed. "Are you alright?" The girl seems a bit shaken, even frightened of the gentle healer, and Liri seeks to calm her fears.

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir watches as she smiles, everyone she meets keeps greeting her this way. Maybe she was wrong about the wild, maybe it is better than where she had left. For now she would continue to be very cautious in her ways until she could find trusting individuals to help her along in her life. The white wolf seems friendly enough so far the only question Elixir has for her is why is she out here?

Liri. That seems like a beautiful name, Elixir let a small smile form upon her lips. “I think I’m okay, my legs just didn’t match with what my mind wanted. I think.” Making sense was not her strength so hopefully she would understand. “My name is Elixir, and it’s nice to meet you Liri. What brought you out here?” She asked, and took a small glance at the Lavender blossoms she had cut.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
To another the thought might be odd, condemning, but to Liri it's not so off from the things that usually occur in her own mind. She nods, understanding that sometimes feet can be troublesome things that lead you were you didn't intend to go. 

"As it is to meet you," the fae murmurs kindly, her tail picking up a slow wag. She's had few friends, of the female variety, since Minna's betrayal years ago. It remains to be seen what will come of her relationship with Grezig; Liri can only hope those that have agreed to come with them will turn out to be reliable, trustworthy. 

"I'm traveling with my family," Liri smiles, thinking of her gentle giant and the coywolf pup she's struggling not to be a mother to. She thinks of Grezig too and feels the same idle curiousity to see what the fierce woman will do in the future. "I was getting this for my mate," she can feel heat on her cheeks as she says it, knowing it's not entirely true. 

"You're welcome to join us. It can be dangerous out here," she glances to the horizon, remembering the pain inflicted on her when she traveled alone. Her eyes find Elixir again, worried that perhaps it had not been smart to offer but soon dismisses this notion. If she's trouble, they should have little issue managing a single wolf. Oddly enough, the healer senses that Elixir won't cause them any harm; Liri feels the shy girl is not so different than she was when Aaron found her: unsure, somewhat frightened of the world, and in need of guidance.

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir saw Liri’s tail wag and decided to let her own do the same, she was happy she had found the woman in the valley. They seemed to really get along. She could see her blush as she talked about her mate, and thought they must be important to her. “Well whoever he is he’s lucky to have you, especially because you think about him even when you’re not near him. That’s what I feel with food, it’s important to me and so he must be that way to you.” she nods her head as she makes the connection, obviously a mate is supposed to be important but she didn’t have to do that for him and that’s what him lucky to have her. At this point she was going to confuse herself so she decided to forget about it and let her take the compliment. 

Id love to join! I’ve never traveled with others before.” She said as a nervous feeling crept up on her. What if the others had a problem with her? She would guess that would be taken care of as they meet and worked out... she hoped. “It can be very dangerous, but I’ve met nothing but nice wolves so far and I hope I don’t have to meet any that will put me in danger.” Even though she was talking about the wild she was still thinking about how she would meet the rest of her family and what they were like.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
last from me, welcome to NSV! :)

"I often think it was I who got lucky," Liri smiles, slightly embarrassed but grateful for Elixir's kind words. The words are light on the surface but privately Liri thinks back on the empty years spent traveling between heartbreaks. She'd lost everything; she'd had nothing and no one until Kavik. 

"I haven't in some time but I find the more people we have with us, the easier it is for everyone," the fae says light-heartedly, ranging back to the discarded plants on nimble paws. "It's good that you've had no trouble but I've traveled these lands most of my life. There are dangers here," her dark eyes are troubled as they sweep the nearby woods - as if monsters will suddenly conjure themselves into being and descend upon them. 

"It would not be wise to linger here for too long. I'll show you the way to the group," the sylph says, not unkindly, as she takes the lead. She stops to carefully take the lavender in her jaws and then with a gesture of her head, begins to pad back towards her family with a jaunty wag in her tail.

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
vague following post to end it, and thank you! :)

Elixir nodded at all she said and gave a small smile. She turned to follow her and waited until she gathered what she had wanted to bring back to her mate. She was almost skipping as she moved beside her, she was happy to have her and the rest of them to help her through life as much or as less as she needed. She had hoped the future with them will be close-knit and fun, for now she will be happy just to meet the others.