Swiftcurrent Creek Polish mountain
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Private 
for lil beb @Eilonwy and bigger beb @Talos and maybe @Koji and @Kubo for a cameo and otherwise for ref :)

Her babes were the prettiest in the whole darn world, Chusi found. Sure, other puppies had struck a heart string or two, but hers... Now that their fur was slightly lightening and their patterns began showing, she simply couldn't stop thinking that she made them (with a generous donation from their father, of course) and that they came out this precious. She barely minded the lack of sleep and the soar nipples from their suckling mouths. She would move heaven and earth for her children now, but knew they would leave the nest at some point just like she had done (hopefully they would tell her, since she hadn't told Arturo herself that she was leaving many moons ago). But it wasn't time for that yet, not for a long while...

When the sun had risen and the family had too, she found it was time to bathe her precious blobs that had gotten harder and harder to control as they mobilized. But it seemed they were content with it, for now. She wasn't sure if they would still find her mothering them at an older age to be very nice, but she digressed. Chusi then stuck her head outside the den (that was getting quite small for them all) looking around to see if maybe someone was around to take a look at her wonderful creations.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
69 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Her legs were getting sturdier and more obedient with every passing day. Talos had snuck out again and was now marching confidently forward at a brisk pace, greatly enjoying the sunshine, the fresh green smells of the outdoors, the earth between her ever-bigger toes, and (most of all) the absence of interfering brothers and supervising parents. She stuck her tail self-importantly straight up in the air and pounced at a nearby sprouting leaf that dared to bobble in her direction. She muttered small puppy growls as she wrestled with it for a moment, and then let it spring back up again as another fluttering object a bit further away caught her attention. The first leaf wobbled drunkenly and waved its battered and bruised green banner in one last feeble hurrah on the upswing before it drooped down to nearly touch the earth in sorrowful defeat. Talos was already moving on to her next exciting conuest, however: a bit of downy fluff that the breeze was wafting across the tiny clearing nearby. With her on patrol, everyone could rest easy knowing the whole territory was going to be safe from anysuch invaders!

Except that partway there Talos halted, cocking her head and squinting as she perked up her ears at the coal-furred face that had just poked itself out of a large dirt-rimmed hole. Rauroo? she said aloud, and then made a happy scuttling beeline toward the adult's face, with tiny nose atwitch and poufball tail a-waggle. She recognized this one—this was the delicious-smelling lady from the big gathering the other day! Yes! She'd let Talos barge her way in for a visit today, wouldn't she? Of course she would. The bright-eyed and biggest black-furred puppy scarcely even bothered to question whether or not she had an invitation: she first shoved her nose rudely into Chusi's face and then tried to use it to charge her way past the adult to see where that tasty-smelling belly was hiding itself today. Talos stopped short again with a yip of surprise as first her nose and then her slower-adjusting eyes picked out several other small forms inside the cavernous space, however. More puppies—?! Were these ones a whole new set of brothers for Talos too? She couldn't keep her dismay at the thought from flashing across her face. But at least all of them had coated themselves mostly in a fine coat of black, too: excellent choice, young padawans.
Let's find a light inside our universe now
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Being by far the clingiest of pups, Eilonwy had no qualms about her mother giving her her very much needed daily bath. She just loved it. It was when she felt most loved and cared for and it got her rid of all the dirt and trash that no matter how hard she tried to help it seemed to always get stuck on her. Mom was just that great, ever watchful of things being in order.

That days bath was like all others welcomed with a happy yip, almost a giggle now that Eilonwy was getting familiar with her own voice. And when it ended she felt beautifully clean as always. But instead of the cuddle followup as she was used to this time mother left her side to go through the mysterious light source that came around once every few nursing sessions. She liked it better when the light wasn't there because that was when mom seemed to be more steady and she could have her all to herself (and her smelly brother, of course). So when Chusi got up to stick her head outside the den it only took about five seconds of orientation to realize she had to throw a fit. One of the big ones.

· ~ The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things ~ ·
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
What she spotted was another small blob, one she recognized to be Constantine and durnehviir's. Their puppies were just slightly older than her own, and yet they already looked more like wolves than hers. To think that soon her own would waddle around the territory was terrifying and wonderful at the same time. She hoped the two would listen to her pleads to stay safe, especially with the bear that had killed Ingram still on the loose, but it was too early to worry about that for now. Chusi whimpered softly in greeting to the other child, letting her take a look at her own puppies proudly but as soon as her little girl got upset she retracted her head for a comforting nuzzle.

Ya're growin' fast ey? She asked softly, the question directed at all of them actually.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
69 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Talos cocked her head and released a soft whuff of her own in response to the whimpered greeting Chusi gave her. She sniffed after the milk's hiding place again, a little more circumspectly than before, and then furrowed her brow in thought at the adult's words.

Ya-rrrow fass ey! she half-parroted back, and bobbled her head in happy agreement. Though she then turned a dubious bluish-hued eye on the others; these puppies didn't look to be growing very fast to her, actually, though she wasn't quite so rude as to voice that thought aloud (yet). In fact they looked downright shrimpy! They were far smaller and clumsier than Talos herself (who was, of course, the biggest and best, yo—and naturally all puppies everywhere should aspire to be just like her) and the older pup felt a smug wash of lofty superiority, looking down at them. Arragooo? she inquired of Chusi in turn, which could have meant anything or nothing, but fortunately(?) she didn't wait for an answer before she stuck her nose out to inspect the little ones again. They smelt of earth and puppyness and milk.

Experimentally she moved to give baby @Eilonwy a nudge just as her mother had, more-or-less just as gently; though she'd managed to modify her usual overenthusiastic exuberance in the motion Talos wanted to see what the little furball was going to do when so poked. Would that make the little girl open her eyes and pay attention to Talos? Or at least share a bit of her milk-gathering secrets?—because if the round black bellies of the tinier puppies was any indication, they were getting quite a bit of good food hereabouts, and it sure didn't look like their mother was shoving them away at all in the process. Talos felt a stab of jealousy, and flicked her pink tongue consideringly across her still-small but quite sharp array of teeth, all the while trying to figure out why these puppies got such preferential treatment compared to herself and her brothers. ...Weaning was the pits.
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
omg I totally forgot about this thread I'm sorry! If I keep holding it up you guys have my permission to skip Eilonwy since she's pretty much only gonna breathe through this thread lmao

Mom didn't come swiftly enough and Eilonwy attempted to pursue her by her own means. Those means consisted on rolling and wobbling herself towards her which took both a lot of effort and too long to get her anywhere. Eventually Mom popped back inside the den and nosed her back in place, which didn't do much to calm her eagerness. She wanted her to lay down and give her milk, and she wasn't getting either.

Suddenly a whole new smell flooded the place and Eilonwy's cries dimmed down as she devoted herself to sniff around at the mysterious newness of it. At some point the girl was nosed again, this time by the smaller creature, and Eilonwy yipped in response. This one didn't belong here! She didn't like her at all, and she voiced it with loud, pointless cries quite indistinguishable from any other in her repertoire.

· ~ The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things ~ ·
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi giggled softly at the parroting the other child did, so excited for when her own began to babble. She didn't know what she meant with her next array of sounds but sooner rather than later the child that did not belong to her stumbled inside her den and Chusi was surprised. Her little Eilonwy didn't seem so fond of the new intruder, but Kubo seemed rather indifferent.

Easy, lil' spunks. She cooed softly to the two girls, wriggling her nose in between the two smaller beings, face turned toward her own to gently smooth down her black coat with her tongue. She then turned to the newer addition to their den. Naaame? She asked, as clearly as possible, hoping it had been taught to her already.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
69 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
<3 No worries! And I love your adorable Eilonwy avatar there, btw  :D 

Talos's ears flicked back and forth in quick, sudden surprise. It was a pokable squeaky toy! A little too squeaky for her tastes, though, really; she tried poking it again in case that was the magical secret to making it stop now, or at least turn down the volume. Sheesh. Talos was pretty convined she had never been that irritatingly and pointlessly noisy.

All around in fact Talos was growing more and more smugly convinced of her obvious superiority to these little furballs. She moved better! She talked better! (Not that anyone could actually understand her still, mind you, but nonetheless she was at least much better at it than these little twerps. OR her brothers, for that matter, come to think, she smirked as she reassured herself.) She looked better! She smelled better! She thought better, was a cleverer and quicker planner and much better at getting her way, really; so all around, it surely wasn't at all unreasonable of her to think that this large charcoal mommy-wolf might want to trade up, now was it? As a matter of fact right now Chusi was already putting her nose right down where Talos could reach it, which was all the further proof required so far as Talos herself was concerned. It got in the way of her poking Eilonwy again but whatever; as the head between them also muffled the squeaky thing's shrill voice and even tried to soothe it into being quieter yet, it was all fine and good so far as Talos was concerned. She unconcernedly poked at Chusi's head instead, and even tried to wrap her thick little black paw around the far side of it in order to gently draw it back in her direction, a veiled pestering for attention in the form of a little half-hug from her outcurled arm. Assuming Chusi didn't dodge out of it with ease, that was; adults did tend to do such things with aggravating frequency and unpredictability, in Talos's disgruntled experience.

Eewriddah 'puwnks, she told Eilonwy with authority with a very brief final air-poke in her direction for emphasis before recurling the paw, and then, Naaaay-uh? she echoed, cocking her little black head in puzzlement before brightly responding, Tay'ohss! She could pronounce her own name a little better if she chose. Really she could. But right now Talos had other much more biggerer concerns on her mind thank you very much. She craned her head around to try and get a glimpse as best she could of whether or not the smaller puppies were settling down to the business of suckling once again.

So far as Talos was concerned (what brief attention she actually gave to the matter, that is), Durnheviir could share, dangit. Especially if Mother-proper wasn't going to give her all the milk she wanted, and this lady here was. Talos was pretty certain she convince this woman to do so, to boot: she seemed like a pretty big softie. A pushover. She raised big liquid silvery-blue eyes beseechingly to Chusi: right?
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Although the older girl's plan was beautifully logical the truth was that it several flaws. Poking a crying baby was perhaps the worst was to make it quiet, and Eilonwy served as the perfect example as her voice grew more anxious after the stranger touched her face. How rude of her to disturb her attempt at getting Chusi's attention, did she have no shame?

For a moment Eilonwy's efforts were rewarded as her mother lovingly swept her fur with her tongue, but that no longer the young girl's purpose. Now she wanted answers, and she asked them by coming up to the older girl and awkwardly sniffing at her paws and underside. Who was she? What was she doing here? Why was momma paying more attention to her than ME?

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Unlike her daughter, Chusi didn't mind the poking all that much. After a few however, she slowly pulled her muzzle away as to create a sort of circle between the three varying faces so they could all interact.

She watched her own little spunk investigate the other tiny intruder, making sure the two would not get into a fight or anything. Eilonwy was far too young to battle for any kind of dominance; her place was neatly tucked between the gentle folds of Chusi's milk-bringing belly, protected from the world until she would become just as strong as her momma. Her ears flicked to the more talkative pup then as it parroted her.

Tay... Tayosh? Talosh? She questioned gently. Chusi's unexplained yet fun accent already had some troubles with certain names, but having to get the sounds from an undeveloped puppy mouth was even harder to decipher. Whut 'bout Tay, eh? She joked a bit, then turned to her blob of black fur.

This is Ei-lon-wy. I'm Chu-si. She articulated perhaps a little too much, much like a robot or the wolf equivalent of one.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
69 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Talos squinched up her stubby muzzle in some confusion as the little furball she'd been poking came squirming closer to give Talos's bigger paws and belly a sniff. She wasn't sure she liked this new development...hhhmmm. Aihaingonnomiwfer'ew, she babbled authoritatively as she retracted her paw a little ways, while not quite pulling it all the way out of reach. The fumbling blind creature wasn't going to try and make a noisy grab for her paw, now was she? Talos scooted slightly further back, getting her once-black tail all dusty as it curled protectively closer to her underside and its base scraped against the floor.

She looked back up at the mother wolf as she was addressed again, however, distracted from the annoying itty-bitty pile of animated black fluff. Tay'ohss! she said again, but then gave an easy half-shrug and figured she wouldn't fight it. Ohk-tay, Tay, she agreed, right before she got up and curved wide around the youngest girl's form, to try and get a better angle from which to see the mother's teats. Eirowweh? she parroted ineptly, pausing and blinking down in some confusion...that seemed like an awfully big and high-falutin' name to hang on such a small and unpreprosessing creature, if you asked her. Chuzay! she added. Overpronouncing robot, meet underpronouncing pup! She had much more important things on her mind than pronunciation and proper names, in any case, although she did add Tay'ohss, once more for good measure. She surged forward again to check out Chusi's delicious-smelling belly area, and see if there was going to be any protest about her just...helping herself. Frankly if these small squeaky beings were all the competitors there'd be, Talos was pretty darn sure she could take 'em—but there didn't seem to be very many of them, and there should be plenty of space for everyone at the milk bar...right? Especially now that the little Eilonwy-creature had conveniently moved herself out of the way, too? Right. Aihaingonnomiwfer'ew Eirowweh, she told her fellow pup a second time, though, just to make sure the little beast wasn't about to try and make that grab for Talos even as the bigger pup tried to swiftly sidestep her and claim her prior spot by the belly.