The Sunspire Back on schedule
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
@Wraen Here! Edited to fit current time!

Things seemed to be better in Sunspire, she had worked out that so long as she kept checking in and didn't stay gone too long that she could roam out of borders every so often. She had come back a while ago and immediately set into becoming a true pack member, she'd met Rannoch's babies and had given them a new toy. However, there didn't seem to be much healing in order. She was still a poor hunter on her own, that one pack hunt had seemed to be a miracle. Currently she was in her den, placing fresh herbs in their piles and taking out the old ones.
~Always down for Healing threads~

medic specialty: 4/10
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
As Wraen's cold progressed the scratchy feeling in her throat creeped down the windpipe and entered the bronchi, causing her to cough more often than before. Another side effect was that not only it was difficult for her to speak without wincing, she also had lost the voice and forming the words to audible levels was a struggle. 

Though she knew little of infections in general she did not visit puppies during this time (partly because she felt so tired most of the time that she would not have much patience for their antics anyway). Snot had not yet blocked her nostrils and therefore the sense of smell was the one she could still enjoy and use. Therefore, while confined to the territory, she still tracked diligently.

On this particular occasion her path incidentally led by Hyacinth's humble abode and fate would have it that a loud coughing spell would catch Wraen right in front of the aspiring healer's den.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She had gotten everything into order, noted that she needed more poppy seeds and herbs for infection. Just as she finished picking out the last dried useless bits of raspberry leaves she heard some loud and nasty sounding coughs from outside her den. She stepped out and spotted Wraen who she knew from  the pack hunt. "Wraen! That's a real nasty cough, please come in and let me check you out?" she asked her words a request but tone concerned and firm enough to show that she thought it a good idea.

I'm so sorry! I have been having muse issues lately...

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen felt so bad that she did not argue with the healer, just noted, how much of an authority the fairy-like she-wolf could have over her leader, when the latter happened to land in the middle of her field of expertise. She did not enter the den though, preferring to sit down not too far from the entrance. 

"Is it that bad?" she asked, though the question was pointless, because what did the actual gravity of the situation have to do with the fact that she did not feel well?
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
For the cough she already knew what to do, but she needed to know what else was ailing the female. She turned to look at Wraen and gave a reassuring smile "It doesn't sound watery which means fluid isn't gathered in your lungs. So I'm fairly certain you'll be fine" she began to pull out some tansy and honeycomb she had covered under moistened moss to keep it from drying out. She coated some tansy in honey and then dragged the remaining honey filled Honeycomb over. "Eat that, it's Tansy for your cough. They honey makes it taste better and will also soothe any throat pain from coughing. Do you have any bodily aching, headaches, fever?" she asked softly, going over anything that would make it more then just a simple cough.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Water in lungs?" Wraen was quite fearless, when it came to most things, but anatomic stuff and pathologies described weren't her strong suite. She turned pale (though it was not visible beneath her fur) and shuffled a little distance away from Hyacinth, as if being in the presence of the healer would make that mysterious condition happen.

Luckily she was more concerned at the task at hand, not speculations, and, when a yellowish flowers, covered in a sticky sweet stuff was pushed in her direction, Wraen leaned down and had a careful sniff of it. Despite mentioning that it would not taste bad, it did not smell very nice either (what with the half-stuffed nose she could decipher). Therefore she hesitated, before she swept it up in a quick motion and gulped it down without chewing it.

"Not that I know of," Wraen shrugged, because cough and snot aside, she was pretty much fine, though a little annoyed by the condition itself. "Was this it? Will I get better tomorrow?" she asked, hoping that eating sticky plants was all the effort needed to make the magic happen.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth saw the wariness and gave Wraen a small smile, not moving. She found it easier to let the patients take their time and swallow medicine on their own terms unless they were downright refusing to take something that would save their lives. When Wraen did finally take it she gave a breath of relief and nose pointed to the honeycomb "That stuff is a delicacy. It tastes amazing and it will soothe your throat and help with coughing. Lick the sticky stuff off and you can also suck on the honeycomb." she said and then flashed a smile "Sometimes as a pup I'd fake a cough just to get some honey." she said. 

When Wraen asked if this would be it, Hyacinth gave a hesitant shake of her head. "I want you to rest for a full day. No hunting, a steady slow walk along the borders is fine but no strenuous activity. Get some sleep, drink a lot of water and come back after your day's rest." she said hoping that Wraen was the type to take this as a blessing and not a setback.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Delicacy, really? Wraen arched her eyebrows in slight disbelief. Well, it was probably a matter of taste, because with the general mistrust towards any plants that weren't grass or carried berries aside, the sticky stuff left an odd taste in her mouth. There were many layers and she could not quite tell, which one she minded most - the concentred flowery tinge or the excessive sweetness.

"That will be eay," she replied, because her batteries were low due to the excessive time it took her to hunt for the moms and cubs all the time. And while she would have never told herself that she needed to rest, hearing this from an authority in her field, was a relief. "What will you do after my day of rest?" she asked with a slight suspicion, because she had had an impression that this was all the necessary healing.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth smiled warmly and laughed, finding Wraen's suspicion endearing instead of offensive. As if she could hurt a packmate, she could barely even take down a rabbit without feeling bad. "After your day of rest, I'll check in on you. If the cough seems better, you're free to go on with daily pack life. If not, then I give you some more tansy and honey. If anything gets worse or changes, let me know immediately" she said and then wagged, motioning away from the den. "You're free to escape my torture. Do take the honeycomb and swallow some whenever the coughing acts up again." she said with humor in her voice.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen's suspicion was more childlike than real - Hyacinth was very easy to like and trust and seemed very convincing about her job. Therefore she felt a little ashamed of her earlier demeanor, because - of course - all of this had been a child's-play. 

"Alright," she nodded, hoping that tomorrow would be better than today and not realizing that a whole week would pass, before her germ ridden congested airways cleared and she would be back on her feet to get back in life with full speed. "I will come by then - thank you a lot for your help," with this she got to her feet, dipped her muzzle politely in gratitude and farewell and went off to her sleeping corners with Maia. A nice nap would be just in time. 

Thank you for the thread! If Hyacinth needs more for the trade - PM me. I am always happy to help out.