I used to whisper to the children
Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri usually did not travel far from the borders or the homeland, preferring to stay hidden in the shadows even there. He was not a talkative wolf by nature and the brute really didn't know how to hold much of a conversation unless another was asking questions. He could answer those. He had always adhered to the letter the unwritten rule of to be seen not heard and he made that his law.

So the dark brownie stalked among the trees of the forest flitting from one to the other keeping most of himself hidden except for his red eyes, they glittered and gleamed as he traversed among the shadow bidden trees. There were different smells among the leaves and the roots, other wolves many had passed through here and he wondered at their stories, were they slaves like he, or perhaps they were merely passing through looking for adventures and death. Death he smelled it on the wind, and he was becoming restless most definitely he would need to go on a hunt or something soon, the brute was not used to sitting idle.

Stories stories, shadow stories
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
For a while, Kaname had been tracking a deer herd that roamed through Silvertip territory. They never stayed on the land for long and often wandered back onto neutral grounds, usually on the Kintla Flatlands. He didn't blame them; the land was filled with fresh, healthy sprigs of grass, perfect to feed the new fawns that wobbled about the earth. He did not take one of them for his hunt, not this time. For today's hunt, he took an aging buck that somehow lived through winter and was graced with the herd's "protection". In his prime, the buck must have been a magnificent beast: he had broad shoulders and hind legs to help with fighting and a thick neck to support large antlers. But, the great must fall.

He had successfully dragged the carcass close to pack territory, near the forest. As old as he was, the buck was still big as hell. Kaname was strong, but he did not have brute strength. The dark wolf dropped the buck onto the border, panting heavily. His ice blue eyes searched around for any signs of a packmate, his nose sniffed for any recent scent marks. Soon enough, he got a scent. It was a male, someone of his pack he did not meet yet. The assassin trotted over to the scent and was soon rewarded with the sight of a big, chocolate brown wolf with almost glowing red eyes sneaking through the forest. He barked to alert the male, then walked closer. "Hey. Do you mind helping me with something?"
Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri tilted his head at the voice that reached his ears. He studied the other one, he was in his pack, so he was not trespassing. Stitri supposed he could help him. Yes Sitri can help you. You are?

Sitri motioned for the other to lead the way as he picked his way towards wherever he was going to take him. The voices in his head were strangely silent today, but it was the way of things lately.
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The large wolf spoke in a clipped, uneducated voice. He also talked in third person, which annoyed him. Did he not know how to use pronouns correctly? Nevertheless, the wolf gestured to show him the way as he asked for his name. Starting to walk in the direction of the carcass, he introduced himself to the wolf. "My name is Kaname. I need you to help me bring a carcass into the territory. I dragged it to the border, but it is very tiring..." he could smell the body of the buck, which he was grateful. He didn't need any scavengers getting close and stealing his kill at the moment.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri really didn't care if he annoyed others the only wolves that mattered as far as he was concerned were Jinx and Lecter. He nodded his head Help you okay. He stood and followed the scent of fresh blood that mingled in with the forest floor. Well Met Kaname. Sitri stated as an after thought he was not used to so much talking. IN his former home he was to be seen not heard and all these wolves wanted to do was talk talk it was frustrating and it made the voices in his head reach crescendo's even he was unaware that they could.

They made it to the buck and Sitri grasped a foreleg and throwing it over his shoulders he shouldered it, but moved it so Kaname could grasp the other side either with his jaws or on his shoulders as Sitri had.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Approaching the buck, the brute Sitri grabbed its foreleg and tossed it over his shoulder. Kaname stood back, letting the Goliath get used to the weight before he helped him. He grabbed the haunch of the deer firmly in his jaws. Shifting in the direction of his den, he began to walk forward, hoping Sitri would catch on.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri kept pace with his pack mate, the beast whose weight he bore, was a heft beast. However, used to such burdens it did not bother him in the least, nor did it cause any breathlessness.

This will make good meals for all of us. Did good Kaname. Sitri was not very good at talking and that was apparent by the garbled and short speech that he used, the longest he had ever talked had been with Ira. He would love to learn to speak better, hell he would love to learn to be better, but he was unsure if that was in the cards for him. His fate had been written long ago and he did not know if he could change it now.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Kaname led them both to his den where he would skin and gut the buck, taking out the unedible bites before cutting it up for the pack to share. He decided to put the larger kills in Ghost Cave Network in a cool shallow area for all to share. The meat kept longer there too, from what he's noted. Other, smaller prey like rabbits he put in caches around the territory for wolves to snack on if they ever needed it.

Sitri's comment of approval, while lacking in the grammar department, made Kaname's chest swell a bit in pride. It was good to be recognized- well, unless you were doing a spying mission. Then it was bad to be recognized.

Reaching the small little hole-in-the-ground known as his den, he began to kneel so that the buck would fall over onto the floor. He didn't doubt that Sitri would not catch on. He may not have the greatest speech, but he didn't seem that stupid.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri leaned and allowed the buck to spill from his shoulders. He twisted his head to lap at the little bit of blood that showered his shoulders and then let it be. He was used to wearing blood whether it was on his coat or on his maw. It really didn't matter.

Sitri spoke softly in refusal to disturb the shadows that blanketed everything. Do you need anymore help from Sitri? He would gladly help to field dress the buck if needed. he didn't mind and it was high time he started being more social especially if he wanted to fix his speech and mannerisms.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
"Yes," he said as he eyed the buck. "I need help separating the buck into pieces, then carrying it to the caves." he looked up quizzically at the chocolate brown wolf. "If you do not mind, of course."
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Last post for me. Another soon?

Sitri bent down and nodded his head and he began to chew at the meat to separate it. He didn't mind helping out, maybe he could even learn a thing or two from his pack mate, after all Sitri had learned most of what he knew from observing and listening as it was anyway.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Yeah, that'd be nice. :)

Kaname began working alongside Sitri, chewing the meat into servings. The task of skinning, deboning and dragging the food to the Ghost Cave would be made easier with Sitri with him. And while they were doing these tasks, the dark Gamma could teach the chocolate-brown wolf how to do these things correctly, so more wolves could contribute to the food caches. It was all-in-all a good idea.