Bearclaw Valley it's cold and grey, like a fat, dead pigeon
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
All Welcome 
Anyone welcome! Come play with Piper.

Clouds seemed to billow overhead with a promise of rain. Even the breeze tasted of it. Piper knew this because she was standing on a particularly large rock with her mouth open, panting. The wind tousled her red coat, causing the longer hairs to dance along her neck and back. Truth be told, she liked the feeling of it quite a bit. She didn’t understand how she had lived a large portion of her short life in the confines of the family den, blind and deaf to all the excitement that was taking place. It was a damn good thing she was older and more capable.

A few large drops landed on the top of her head. The Redleaf girl recoiled at their touch and looked up with an eager expression in hopes of seeing more of them. It was just the beginning of the rain, but she was willing and ready to wait for the downpour if no one was around to stop her or distract her from doing so. The wind picked up again, billowing across the valley like the strongest of zephyrs. Piper threw back her head and yapped excitedly.
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
somehow, mona found the plethora of children in bearclaw valley to hold her attention quite raptly. devoting much time to putting by stores of playthings, her time in the packland was spent carrying one or another thing about. today it was a doe's jawbone she clutched in crimson jaws, rolling it over her teeth with a tangible delight.
murkwater eyes caught sight of a a ruddy child cloaked in white; the yearling did not hesitate, but approached, gaze shining over the ivoried edge of the bone. setting it down in the grass, mona watched the pup, tailtip flagging at her heels before she glanced skyward. "looks like a storm is coming," she purled, lowering her haunches to the earth. "have you ever seen a storm before?"
[Image: footer3.png]
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
A figure approached the young girl that Piper had imagined to be Indra. She had followed the shape of the other wolf with some moderate interest for a while before she realized that it was someone entirely unfamiliar to her. The Redleaf girl tried very hard not to remove her stare, but the sound of rumbling clouds overhead was distracting enough to have drawn her attention away from anything. Piper seemed to dance back and forth between watching the other wolf and watching the skies.

Mona seemed to have closed the distance between them much faster than the young pup had anticipated. When she remarked about a storm, it caused the Redleaf girl to jump in place and her eyes to grow wide. Peering around, she saw where the red-furred woman was and offered a smile. “No, wassat?” she answered and then inquired in the same few moments. Already, she was curious about the premise of a storm – the phenomenon that seemed to sacred and special.
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she startled the child; a bit shamed, mona's ears fell back, but stood once more at the soft sound of the child's voice. "a storm is when it rains, when the sky is dark, when there is thunder and lightning," the little mayfair explained, gazing skyward to track the trajectory of the gathering tempest. 
returning her attention to the girl, the bearclaw wolf gave a soft smile. "i'm mona." a brush of her paw brought the bone tumbling gently through the grasses. "and this is for you. i was going around and meeting all your ... brothers?"
realizing this girl-child must be the only in the valley, or the only she had thus met, mona therefore found a kinship with her. "i only had a brother growing up too. he was rough!" a peal of quiet laughter, and then silence as she waited for the pup's response. and a pang of longing for cortland passed through her; where was he? and how was he faring?
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The red woman who was introduced as Mona was really nice, Piper had decided. When the woman produced a bone, the young Redleaf girl came to life and bounded toward it with an eager smile on her features. She dove toward the bone and gripped it with her large puppy paws before parting her jaws and biting down hard against the ivory of it. It still had the remnants of meat clinging to it, causing the flavor to fill the pup with sheer delight. When Mona mentioned Piper's brothers, she thought that Lucas would really like the bone and hoped she could share it with him later.

“Ya's I gots Lu and Marty. They's good brudders. Lu's soft an he has real pretty eyes,” Piper told Mona without leaving out any details about her siblings. “Marty's nice too an he's so cute.” The Redleaf girl looked up at the green of Mona's gaze before smiling and reclining to her rump for optimal comfort. It almost deflated the idea that brothers were rougher on sisters than they should be. Lucas and Marten were the sweetest of the four pups. When Mona mentioned that her brother was rough on her growing up, Piper made a knowing face.

“Oh yeah... Nuna's my sister an she's got lots of biting teeth. She poked a hole in my ear,” Piper informed the red woman.
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
delighted that the child took so well to her gift, mona settled herself to listen. piper informed the girl of her various siblings and their qualities — mona's gaze flicked to the puppy's eartips, surveying them as she was told about 'biting teeth.' it seemed she had maybe been disproved of her theory when it came to the little ones in bearclaw.
but no matter; mona flashed the girl a wide grin. "i bet you have biting teeth too," she purled. unsure of how to truly compliment a child, the mayfair's eyes traveled to the by now well-chewed bone. "do you know what animal that came from?" she inquired, hoping to impart some knowledge, if only for her own sense of self-worth.
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Piper had been hoping that her story about getting her ear savaged would have inspired some more sympathy from the red stranger. Instead, the woman remarked that the young Redleaf girl was likely to have sharp teeth too, and the tone in her voice suggested that she imagined Piper was perfectly capable of tending to herself. The young girl's brow creased and she mused this over before her mind was distracted by a question regarding her toy. With a slow glance, she peered down at the piece that was clutched between her two paws and she frowned thoughtfully.

“Bear?”

An uneducated guess at best, but one that sounded particularly badass to her. If she could say that she had a toy that came from a bear, she'd have felt like the coolest kid on the block. No one could compete with that; not even Nuna. Piper glanced up to the woman with a hopeful expression and waited to hear if she was correct in her guess.
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
completely unaware of her faux pas, mona grinned when the quiet girl made a guess. part of her wished to correct the pup, but the portion of the mayfair still rather childish lit up with delight. "the biggest bear ever," she whispered in a conspiratorial tone. a flash of a smile. "it was so big!"
she was rather invested in the tale, not really considering that she was basically an adult and should not be telling stories to children. but the idea that she had brought a piece of a bear's skeleton solely for the girl was something mona could not pass up. settling herself alongside piper, mona glanced at the sky once more and then back at the pup. "do you like day or night better?" she inquired conversationally.
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The young girl could not help but to allow her jaw to drop in awe at the remark about the bear. How lucky was she that she was able to tote around the trophy? Surely, Lucas and Wyatt wouldn’t have a toy that great, unless this red-haired woman liked to tuck away bits of bear underneath her plush coat. If that were the case, Piper was certain that she would be able to find another in just a short matter of time. Mona did seem as though she had plenty of them on surplus, after all. With enough gentle persuasion, Piper knew that she could get her grubby little mitts on anything that she wanted.

While she was mesmerised by her own thoughts of thievery and pillaging, the red woman had asked her a question about her favorite time of day. The Redleaf girl furrowed her brow and glanced toward the skies with a curious expression. After several long moments of contemplation, Piper fixed her sights on Mona and parted her lips in a response. “Night… cause it’s cooler and not as hot outside,” she offered. “What about you?”
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
mona beamed widely. "i like night too." a conspiratorial glance sideways; mona leant closer as if to impart some great wisdom, or perhaps another secret. "i like night because it is when the homba walks," the mayfair whispered, remembering what the hot-eyed crow had told her not long ago in the fox's glen.
he was given over rearing of merrick nowadays, and she treasured the little family that her friend possessed. there crept a wistfulness into her eyes now — she regarded piper a bit more somberly. "have you ever seen a fox?" came the cardinal's murmur, attempting to keep at the game of secrets even if considering what indra and tadec had between them brought to her painful thoughts of nathaniel.
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Her eyes went wide at the sound of this foreign word. Something about it triggered a familiarity in her, but she couldn’t place it. Without realizing it, Piper too felt as though she could associate the sound of it with the words that Tadec had used. She’d never understood them, but she had heard them in passing and they sounded magical from the mouth of the slim crow. Still, she wanted to know more about what Mona was saying; she wanted to understand, for the first time.

“What’s a homba? My aunt Indra’s friend Tadec says I have fur like a fox! But I haven’t seen one,” the child exclaimed in an excited voice. The way he’d described such things had sounded so mystical that she could only imagine that it was a compliment. Piper’s full attention was focused on Mona at that point. Her eyes glistened with curiosity at the scarlet woman. It was in this deep examination of the beautiful woman that she saw a peculiar emotion flash across the older wolf's face. 

"Are you sad? Wa's wrong?"
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
mona's eyes glimmered with delight as piper suddenly warmed to her. "tadec was the one who told me about the homba too: the magick fox." her eyes warmly skimmed the rich colour that wreathed the girl, and she gave a firm nod. "he's right. and maybe you look like a homba too."
beginning to lapse into a yarn, mona paused only a moment. "he is like a big fox, bigger than all the other foxes. he hs black fur, and orange eyes. and if you see him, and he sees you, he will give you a gift." like embellishing the already fantastical story of santa claus, the mayfair leant into the tale, though she as she spoke, she began to believe herself, and it animated her face in a way it had not been before.
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Magic fox; well, if Piper's attention hadn't been captivated before, it certainly was after those words had been spoken. The young Redleaf was convinced that Tadec had been holding out on her. She would certainly have some words to share when she got back home. Even though she was bothered that her aunt's friend was hiding such prevalent information from her, she could not help but to find herself transfixed by the red woman's words.

Mona spoke of a dark creature with orange eyes. At first, Piper imagined Tadec's lean shape and pointed features, but it was replaced with something far more magical. With the aid of her imagination, the young firecracker found herself lost in the premise of such a creature. “Have you seen him? Has he seen you?” Piper inquired with wide eyes.
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
mona nodded her head somberly. "once i saw him in the fox's glade. his back was turned, so he didn't see me." she was becoming breathless with the intensity of her own tall tale, but the intrigue and investment shown by piper validated it all the more. encouraged, mona went on. "i heard that sometimes when he sweeeeeeeps his tail," she purled, demonstrating with a slow, deliberate wave of her own crimson plume, "he can pull stars down from the sky."
perhaps she was a bit carried away. mona cleared her throat and rocked back on her haunches, a chortle breaking from her muzzle. "maybe we can go see the glade sometime, piper." her invitation hanging in the air between them, mona waited delightedly for a response.
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Piper was transfixed by the story that was being told to her. Her eyes glittered and danced while she followed Mona's movements. Everything about it seemed mystical and inspiring. The young Redleaf girl wanted nothing more than to witness the tale for herself. She imagined that Lucas would love to go on a hunt for a magic fox that could pull stars from the sky just by sweeping his tail. God, who wouldn't want to find something like that?

“Can we?!” she jumped to her feet in excitement. There was a wild joy that thrummed inside of her at the premise of being taken to the glade to search for the homba. “If we saw him, we could tell Tadec that we did!” she added, eyes wide. Her tail flagged behind her with enough force that it seemed to shake her entire rear end.
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
fade with your next post? <3

the excitment that coursed suddenly through piper was tangible, wondrous — mona was relieved at how the girl had come to warm in her direction. "of course!" the little mayfair exclaimed, a smile upon her delighted features. "i'll come get you — we'll make a night of it sometime."
if allowed, she would lean forward and press an affectionate, momentary kiss between the child's ears. mona sighed, glancing upward to note the sun's position. "i have to go now; need to patrol the borders." a thought.
"you could come with me?" wouldn't that be fun; their conversation need not stop here.
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Piper was so grateful that she had found herself in the company of Mona Mayfair. The young girl had not expected to be filled with such promise of magic and wonder. It was a little frustrating for her to know that this stunning witch existed in the same pack, and she had never met her. There was promise in their short time together, though. The Redleaf girl was informed that she was to be collected at a later time; they were to hunt the fox.

Piper's jaw slacked slightly and she nodded her head. Then, she was invited to patrol the borders and she felt as though her heart would erupt from her chest. “Yes, yes! Please, I would love to patrol the borders with you,” she spewed eagerly. Immediately, she jumped to her feet and peered at the red woman with wild eyes.

The two fiery wolves set their mark on the edges of the territory and were lost in the evening.