Bearclaw Valley my moon, oh my moon
Private  July 01, 2018, 02:48 PM
Mona
Approved Members

maybe a @Laurel? @Lucas welcome too! <3

indra had a sister, tadec an in-law, and merrick an aunt. and while mona did not presume to be part of the small family, laurel was someone whom she found she very much wished to meet. a mother of three active children; mona assumed she too might be in need of someone to entertain the pups.
        and so with her the slyph carried a squirrel-pelt; fighting the urge to grind it between her own teeth, the girl approached laurel's densite and let it slip to the earth. giving a low woof, mona swept her ears forward, awaiting the appearance of the other redleaf woman.
July 05, 2018, 11:10 PM
Lucas
Bearclaw Valley
ο
"Rawr!" Lucas growled at his spindly brother, who leapt away with a frolicsome toss of his head as the piebald pup snapped his teeth harmlessly and snorted. "You'll nev'r get my trishur, y'evil mons'er!" They were playing Dragons and Goblins, a game they had completely made up. The point of the game was for the goblin to sneak past the "sleeping" dragon and steal something from his treasure trove. @Wyatt was the goblin. As it turned out, his thin dark-furred sibling was excellent at his role and had successfully snuck past Lucas two of three times, but on this third time, he was ready. Since he was considerably larger thanks to his portly belly, Lucas also made for a good dragon. Can't get what you can't find under your brother's rolls, right?

But as all pups did, the pair eventually tired of their game, with Wyatt and Lucas each winning one more round before the former decided that a nap was in order. The latter still had too much energy and excused himself to practice his dance moves, but when he poked his head out of the family den, it was to see someone new and exciting standing there. He stopped suddenly, pale eyes wide on Mona's face—how on earth had she known he was leaving right at that moment? Lucas decided then and there that Mona was a wise and talented wizard who had just shown him the most amazing magic trick.

"Coooool!" exclaimed the pup, tail wagging hard as he pulled his dumpy body out into the light. He didn't notice the squirrel fur and didn't ask her name, yet; he was way too busy marveling over how Mona had known just where he was gonna be and when. It was the most incredible thing he had ever seen and he asked, awestruck, "How'd you do tha'?"

8/8 threads
July 06, 2018, 11:49 AM
Mona
Approved Members

there were the children of laurel and xan here. mona watched and presently a pup emerged, rife with long, thick fur, the glint of blue eyes, and a rotund build. not long after they had seen one another, the child approached with the usual unconscious lack of fear possessed by the very young. 
        plume lapping at her heels, mona lowered her muzzle to regard the child and take his scent, if permitted. "do what?" she inquired, perplexed but charmed. while the lone pup born to indra and tadec might always hold a place of higher affection and familiarity in her heart, the other children of the valley had captured her completely. 
        "what is your name? mine is mona," she trilled some moments later, settling her haunches against the ground and pushing the pelt forward for his inspection, wondering excitedly what he would make of it.
July 17, 2018, 10:53 AM
Lucas
Bearclaw Valley
ο
He issued an endearing giggle when Mona's nose pressed forth to gather his smell, and he lifted his own broad muzzle to sniff less delicately at her lips, snuffling like an over-eager hound. "You knew I was comin'!" he insisted, rump wiggling as he stepped back and brought his sparkling gaze up to touch hers, just a light brush of contact before they skimmed away across her scarlet brows. She reminded him a bit of Indra, but Mona was much less dour than his aunt, whom Lucas loved immensely even for her weary demeanour. He hadn't seen her in some time, though.

"I'm Lucas," the rotund pup obliged, ears flopping joyously back as he said, "tha's Wyatt," although his brother was hiding in the shadow of the den mouth, reluctant to come forth. "Are you magic'ly?" he asked, flopping his behind down into the damp loam and letting his tongue loll out the side of his mouth. "Can y' do tricks?"

8/8 threads