Frostfire Ridge Carrying the load, with wings that feel like stone
37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
@Siarut Sorry it's late!
Knowing he had to face his brother sooner or later, the wolf rose and shook himself, his coat now lying almost flat against his muscles. Yet his summer coat was thicker than most wolves beside his siblings, his body still accustomed to the extreme north. This weather was warm, but the glacier drove away some of it, and he was thankful. But his mind wasn't on the weather. He wanted to get this done quickly, not one to put anything off. Loping off, he stopped, realizing he didn't know where to look first. He raised his muzzle and let out a howl, calling his brother to him. No use looking for him when there was a faster way to do it. Not willing to stay still, he started loping again, a thoughtful look on his face, the glow of the sun washing over parts of his white body. He didn't need to think of what he was going to say, as he spoke his mind straight. Yet the truth might not be enough this time to get him out of trouble. As his paws made impressions in the ground, the shadows of his nightmares did too. Tempted as he was to call his brother again, he resisted, knowing two howls would cause him more trouble than he was probably already in. Sitting on his haunches momentarily, he got up, not willing to stay in one place and waited for his brother to arrive.
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance."
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
SORRY IM LATE :P

The man was not impressed to hear the call that rang through the territory. No he was not looking forward to this encounter, his wayward brother had yet again returned. Despite missing Tomkin, Siarut was torn. He wasn't sure how to react to his baby brother, all his other siblings had held their weight, taken on responsibilities that he need help with. They helped maintain the pack. Tomkin had not. His voice had lacked during their claiming, and his scent had been distinctly absent from the borders.

Sia took his time responding to the other brute. Walking slowly, and thinking on the way. It wasn't until he saw Tomkin that he knew where he stood.

"Tomkin." The older brother came to stand before Tom, the pale boys mirroring each other, aside from the eye color. He maintained a neutral facade, letting the other man brew in the mess he had made.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
It's fine! :)

As the brutes faced each other, Tomkin knew he had messed up, and Siarut was angry. Yet it was good to see him, although he refrained from showing any affection. He also hid his lack of sleep well, standing tall, the only sign of it in his eyes. His eyes did not meet his brother's, not wanting him to see the tiredness. Thoughts about what to say or how to approach this swirled around in his head while his tongue remained still, confused by the thoughts. He had never ran from his mistakes, and he wasn't about to now. His mess, he had always managed to clean up somehow. Yet his brother reminded him of his father just then, and words had never worked on him either. A realization hit him, and he sat, dread yet almost acceptance in his voice tinged with regret.

I'm just like he said I was, aren't I? He didn't care if Sia heard the exhaustion in his voice, momentarily shocked by his revelation. His father was right about him. 'Unresponsible and unreliable mutt.' The words of the older wolf's voice rang in his head, and his shoulders drooped as he realized that his anger towards his father was unjustified. Looking up at his brother, his voice showed his true state as he spoke, regret now more apparent in his voice.

I shouldn't have took off. I left you and our sisters to carry the weight, and it should have been me. I'm...just like what father said.

His words came out halted, yet he managed to get them out, hating the feel of them on his tongue. But he believed it to be true, and he never shirked the truth, unlike duties apparently. I'm sorry. It doesn't mean much, but...I'm sorry, Siarut. The thing he feared most was the bond between them broken or hurt in any way, yet he might have done it already. He sat in silence, letting the words hang there, his shoulders drooping, as if they were too heavy for him right then.
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He couldn't help but take pause at the tone in his brother's voice, the despair and the exhaustion. His words fell, and Siarut felt for his brother. It seemed that both boys would be haunted by the facade of their father for many moons to come. One by his words and the other by his actions. A sigh was Tomkin's response, Sia dropped his head a turned slightly.

"It was irresponsible. And you have been come unreliable." Siarut couldn't let his baby brother off the hook for that. Keeping his gaze away from the hurt look, Siarut continued.

"I'm not sure why you left. But clearly you had a reason." He wasn't asking for an explanation, no he wouldn't pry. It was clearly something he hadn't wanted to deal with alongside his family, so why pry. "I didn't think you were one to prove father right? I always thought that was my job." It was a challenge, if Tomkin would see that. Prove him wrong, for once. Perhaps that was the only was to move on from the psychological damage done by their father.

"The only question is; are you actually going to stay?" His eyes narrowed slightly, "There is no special treatment for blood relations. Just because you are mine and Tak's brother won't get you an easy time." He would make sure everyone was aware, there were all family now. They were one pack. He could only hope that Tomkin would understand that.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
The sigh caught his ear, and his ears dropped slightly. He had disappointed him. He hated the sound he had caught crossing between them. Cringing inwardly at the words coming from him, he spoke nothing, knowing them to be true. His brother was like him, straightforward. It was one of the things that had drew them together since he was a pup. He should have told him. A part of him wanted to explain, to make his brother understand why he left, but another part sealed his lips shut, not wanting pity or understanding. Maybe it was pride. He had a bit too much sometimes.
As he began to talk about his father, he recognized the challenge immediately and stiffened, lifting his head to meet his brother's eyes with steel in his own. He wouldn't become the wolf his father said. He would rather die first, and it was written all over him, his muscles tensed. Nodding his head once, his voice was filled with determination, his motivation for life stiffening. It was his family. Always had been. He wouldn't let them down again. Not while he drew breath. I'll stay and do whatever I need to do to help with this pack.
He spoke few words, but he meant every one and hoped his brother could see that as his shoulders raised again.
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
good to fade?

Siarut peered into the eyes of his closest brother, trying to find deceit in his gaze. Finding none, the large man slowly nodded, his green eyes still locked on his brothers own. He gave no smile, as Tomkin would need to earn his respect one more. No the man was still on thin ice, and Siarut would make sure he carried his weight. Turning slowly, he ventured back toward the ice caves, wanting to collect his thoughts.

"I'm glad to hear it," Once fully away from the younger boy, "brother." Siarut threw the title over his shoulder. Despite his chilly exterior the pale patriarch was glad his brother had returned. Perhaps this time he would stay.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}