Fox's Glade I'll be a better man today
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Private 
@Shivali puppies at free to cameo postdated for the 16th

They had been traveling for over a week know, and he could see that everyone was getting tired. He had a feeling that deep down the only thing keeping them going were the pups and their endless energy. They were the hope, and for Siarut they were part of the main reason he was doing this. 

The had taken a small break, the night sky was still reigning and the family (plus two) had many more steps to take while the world was dark. The ice bear sat at the front of the group looking back to watch his family as they took a few moments to rest. He could see Uki still on the outskirts, while Aqakuktuq was assimilating a little better. They were just over half way, but with every step his heart stretched further toward the ice field they were headed. There were so many things he wished outrun, and he hoped that they wouldn't follow to the paradise of ice he longed for.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
She can see the wear in the children. Between being carried constantly and not getting enough food, they’ve started causing worry. The break is much need and she curls around four children just as she always does to give them a chance to gather themselves and eat. They eat until there is nothing left and it hurts for them to continue and she withstands as long as she can; until she is too sensitive to allow them to continue and she forces them to stop. She thought it would be easier to keep them on more milk than meat but she’s not getting enough food to produce and they have to do something differently. Her worries can’t stay quite anymore. When they’ve given up and succumbed to a little sleep, @Takiyok keeps watch nearby and Shivali stands, moving away from them. She can barely stand to look at them when she can’t provide enough for them.

Shivali scans the area and makes note of those nearby before settling on Siarut and sitting close to him.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
As everyone rests the man watched the vacinity, scanning for the potential dangers. He could scent various predators that had travelled through, and it put him on edge. Although he also found an abundance of prey in the area, which could be beneficial. Siarut wondered vaguely if they could make it to the next leg of their journey before having a large meal. The more distance they put between Blackfeather and them the better.

He was knocked from his thoughts by the approach of Shivali, he turned to her and smiled as she sat alongside him. "Sister." He was briefly reminded of Uki's story, but he pushed the tale away. Now was not the time to think of a such a sad telling, although he did turn his gaze to the sky looking at the beautiful moon.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
She smiles a little when he greets her, and then looks back out toward the sky. Shivali follows along and looks at the moon. They’ve come a long way and put a lot of distance between themselves and their former home. Being so close to other packs on either side is less than ideal but they need to sacrifice something should the pack wolves not be fond of their passing through.

“We should put a little more distance between us and the last pack but I think we should stay here until tomorrow night,” she tells him, turning to look at her brother. Her exhaustion is written plain across her face and she doesn’t want to admit she can’t keep up anymore, not when all of this is because of her. Her selfishness has put their children in harm’s way and if she can slow it down or deter any significant damage, it’ll be worth it but if she loses an ounce of their growth she’ll never forgive herself.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Her words push away Uki's story, and he refocuses on Shivali. Taking a moment to scrutinize her form, taking in the raggedness of her apperance, the fatigue was clear. She was struggling, and Siarut mentally kicked himself for spending to much time worrying about external dangers and not giving any thought to the internal. He took a moment to thing of the pros and cons of either decision, to stay or go. With a nod of his head, "I agree. I think we all need a break. Once we arrive at tonights final destination we will stay longer than originally planned." Everyone elses break, would be the opposite for him as Sia would stress over all the cons. He couldn't be sure that Kove hadn't followed, or that the packs nearby would be ok with them staying, or that there wasn't some others predator that had caught the scent of the pups. But all of those dangers could be dealt with as a pack, and exhaustion was something that only a break could fix. 

"How are you doing Shivali? What can I do to help?" He would nose her, if she let him. He wanted to make up for his previous oblivion. There must be something he can do to help her.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
She is thankful Siarut agrees with her. If they could stay here, she’d prefer it, but it hasn’t been that long since they had to alter their course due to one pack. She doesn’t want to lead any trouble to any of them and putting more distance makes the most sense, despite how much her feet ache and her stomach rumbles.

“I’m tired,” she finally admits, turning to look at him as he offers her any help. What can he offer her other than a protected sleep and a warm meal, if that? If the glacier could be around the corner, that would be great too. “The children need more food.”
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The man nodded, "That is something I can help with." He gave her his special family smile, "We will make it through this Shivali." Shifting his green eyes to the pups over her shoulder, "All of us, even them. They will be stronger in the end. We will make northern wolves of them yet." Siarut hoped his sister would feel comforted by his words, but he knew that only the sight of the Glacier and the thought of safety amongst the ice would prevent her worry. He was the same way, and couldn't wait to arrive so he could get a goodnights sleep. 

Searching for acknowledgement in the woman's gaze, he gave a sigh. "I'll sleep closer today. So that maybe you can be more secure in your slumber." He wasn't sure if thats what she wanted, but that was all he had left. They couldn't go back, they could only move forward.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Siarut offers similar reassuring words as she’s heard over the last several days. She hadn’t expected to be this tired this soon into the trek but with four leeches sucking off her (one more than anticipated) and carrying and worrying about them has really set her back. The extra day of rest might do them well but she’s sure she’ll be worrying just the same. Perhaps if she knew her children’s older brother and sister led these lands, she might have sped through, but currently their ignorance saves all potential parties.

“I would like that,” she tells him though her tone is so flat it’s hard to sound genuine. She struggles to stifle a yawn that parts her jaws. In an attempt to hide it, she looks over her shoulder to see Currituck mauling Takiyok and she sighs with resignation. A single look back to Siarut, an unknown I should go, and she turns back toward her little bundle of puppies to lay down for a while.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads