Porcupine Ridge the world will never be the same
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
All Welcome 
@Elixir. other tags for reference

Praise be to Fengari and all his sons and daughters, Cortland had regained his voice. His speech was halting, tentative. . .but returning. Phocion had said many prayers of thanksgiving to the stars, overwhelmed with relief. Though he would never have held it against the boy, of course, the thought of him being mute forever had terrified Phocion, who relied so much upon words. It was a blessing beyond measure.

And now that Cortland was well on his way to a full recovery, Phocion felt more at ease traveling farther away from the mountain, in search of converts. The trio that made their home on Silvertip were all natural wanderers, which was fine with him--so long as they all came home, eventually. The white priest woke at dusk, when the sun was just about descended beneath the horizon, and after leaving word with @Cortland and @Poet, he took off, heading toward the crags that separated his old life from his new.

It was not the easiest of voyages, up this ridge, but he soon was rewarded with a beautiful glade and a stunning view of the sprawling valley below, bathed in moonlight. He lapped from a clear mountain stream, then rested on a flat rock, looking at the stars above. He said silent prayers under his breath, in the tribal language, voice suffused with gratitude.
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
After pledging to her small band, Elixir thought it would be nice for herself to take a day or two for herself, and after all she did turn 2 today. She traveled far from her little band but knew she wouldn’t be forgotten and would be welcomed with open arms as she returned. She didn’t feel any different today as any other, and she thought she should since another year had passed since she had been born. 

She couldn't hold her excitement back as the night fled the sky. A hop escaped her as she neared a mountain. The trek up the mountain in the night was beautiful, she couldn’t speak the words to describe it. As intriguing as the night sky was to the wolfdog she had never known much about it.

With a small sigh of relief as she reached a stopping point, in the distance her eyes caught sight of a solid white creature. Slowly she approached and realized it wasn’t just a creature but a wolf, drinking from a small stream. Although she’s slightly nervous she moves closer and gives a small whine to let them know she was near. Her floppy ears perked and she stopped a respectful distance away.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
A dark shape appeared in the night, the only thing setting her apart from her surroundings a pair of red-orange eyes, blinking back at him. He gave her a friendly smile, muzzle dipping as if to beckon her closer. They were polar opposites, in coloring, and it intrigued him. Her eyes intrigued him most, though--like the color of the horizon when Iliana rose in the morning.

He should have been put off by that fact alone, but for some reason, he was not.

"Kalnee," Phocion greeted, gentle tenor floating across the wind to her. "I'm not intruding on your territory, am I? I smelled no markings," he assured her, exaggerating a sniff in illustration. He rose to a standing position on his rock, stretching a bit, then made his way down to her, stopping a few tail-lengths away.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir was surprised at how friendly this wolf was, the eyes of this wolf were what she noticed first. She would look at them and then look down feeling a bit shy. Only being 2 and not even being in the wild for 2 months she wasn’t sure how to get along out here yet, but she was hoping her little band would help her. As he came closer to her she froze, her limbs wouldn’t move even if she wanted them to. Elixir shook her head as he asked if he had intruded upon her land, “I ....I ... was just out roaming, I have turned another year older but it doesn’t make me wiser out here.” She felt as though she stumbled on her words a bit at first but got more comfortable as she talked.

When he stopped she let a small smile come upon her lips and she dipped her small head. He was larger than her for sure and it was slightly intimidating. “If I’m being honest... I was roaming to get a better view of the stars, I love them.” She said as she tilted her head up toward the darkened backdrop. Her glassy eyes had a bit of a twinkle as she watched them, wishing she could be closer to them.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
She explained that it was the anniversary of her birth, and he nodded, smiling. "May the next year treat you well," he murmured, but soon, there were more important things to discuss. Stars. His eyes glowed, as if they were lit from the back, and he nodded up at the sky, lowering his gaze to her with barely-contained excitement.

"What is your favorite star?" the priest asked, tilting his head in inquiry. He pointed with his muzzle at the horizon in illustration. "Filos, our friend and caretaker, low in the sky? Or perhaps. . ." He lifted his nose further, aiming it at the shimmering blue orb that outshone so many of her siblings. "Perhaps Pheiros, the brilliant sapphire beauty?"

He looked back down at the woman, his smile not diminishing one bit. "I am Phocion," he introduced himself, bowing his head in gentle greeting.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
She smiled and nodded at his words. She had hoped that it would treat her well, but she was afraid to think that far ahead at this point. As he looked up so did she. The dancing stars were just gorgeous in the night. He was calling them names, perhaps he knew more about them than she did? 

My favorite is the that one..” she points with her nose at the one that out shines all of them. It was the one he called Pheiros. “Pheiros?” She said uncertain if that was the one she was talking about but she looked at him to make sure. It reminded her of herself, a bright light among others, never to be put out. 

Elixir was certain though that Phocion knew what he was talking about when it came to the stars and it excited her. Finally she could know more about them. “Elixir..” She said softly as she looked back at him after giving the stars another small glance.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
He nodded, smiling. "A good choice," he said quietly, smiling as she gave him her name as well. "A pleasure to meet you. Do you walk alone, or with a pack?" The scent of others layered her pelt, though he could not ascertain a particular smell he'd associated with any of the bands here. It was good to ask, regardless. She may need a home.

All the while, he looked at her, thinking. A girl clearly intrigued by the stars--what would she say of Fengari and the asteria? Would it thrill her, scare her? Would she hang onto his every word like others had done? He waited for her to speak before offering his tales, knowing that going on a tangent now would not benefit anyone, least of all the two standing here.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir let her gaze from the stars fall and meet Phocion. She nodded slightly as she was told it was a good choice. “ As it is to meet you, and I am with a band a ways from here. We are growing in numbers, but I wanted to see the stars.” Elixir explained to him that even though she did have a home, the stars drew her in.

She felt slightly nervous even talking about the stars, but didn’t let it show. Her glassy red eyes still kept on Phocion, awaiting a response from what she had said. She wondered if her running with a band would make a difference in them talking about the stars. Above anything she was happy to meet someone who finally knew what it was like to love the stars.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir knew it must be time to be getting back. She felt bad for leaving him but maybe they would cross paths again some day. “I’m sorry but I have to go. Thank you for talking Stars with me.” Her voice was soft but full of sadness. The wolfdog turned and left, running down the mountain toward her band again.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]