Stavanger Bay stealin' wheat and barley an' all the other grains,
16 Posts
Ooc —
The woman spoke and he sort-of listened, still a bit focused on the movement of the sand pile; then, he was watching the newcomer with an inquisitive raise of his brow. Were these a pair o' sirens trying to tempt him in to the sea? It didn't seem so, but they were both quite remarkable things — the first being a charmer for sure, the second being quite a looker. Dubloon almost missed the invitation because he was looking at Erzulie; or, rather, eating her up with his eyes. 

But, wait — a crew? Oi, a lady captain? I hear that right? Whatever had enamored him about the curious female had vanished, and the man turned his eyes on his female doppleganger with a brief squint, and then he began to laugh. It wasn't a malicious laugh — a resounding belly-laugh filled with mirth, amused by the thought of a woman running a ship. 

I could be persuaded, mayhaps, He added once he controlled himself, grinning a big wolfish smile at both of them as he sank back in the sand again, It's been'a while, lass, but I do have experience — and if'n ya need a strong man in yer life, I'd fit the bill! Maybe that's all they needed. The prospect of taking over the pack himself slipped in to his mind, but he dismissed it just as readily, unwilling to put for the effort — he was certainly a follower, not a leader.

Messages In This Thread