Stavanger Bay stealin' wheat and barley an' all the other grains,
16 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 

Okay, so waking up in the middle of nowhere really sucked, but at least he'd gotten his bearings pretty quickly. He'd had half a mind to follow the dark woman on her way back to her mountain, but in the end the yearning to reunite with the sea had been too much. Dubloon tried his best to get himself oriented to a land-locked existence (even though the thought made his stomach churn like a raging sea); such a life was not welcomed by a beast such as he, who had braved many days by the open ocean and knew nothing else.

It was hardly surprising then, when he came upon the familiar scent of salt and began to whoop and holler his gladness for finding his way home, more or less. The brine scent instilled a hastening to his investigation. He forgot about hunting for a few days, ignored the need for sleep, and was more than thrilled when he came upon the familiar sound of the ocean waves crashing upon the distant shore — it had been weeks since he'd arrived in this strange place but now, with the ocean beckoning him, he felt as if he could relax.

So engrossed was the pirate, he hardly took notice as his path weaved close to a claimed section of the beach; he drank in the scent of the salt wind, kicked at discarded piles of shell, even played a few rounds of tug o' war with tendrils of soaking seaweed, before finally realizing how exhausted he was and plunking himself in a sand bank, which gave way after a moment or two. As he slid to a halt on the lower end of the incline his chocolate coat was a mess of sand, shell, and bits of dried grass.

But hell, he'd found the sea again — so who really cared about the rest?

Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn was chewing heartily on a piece of driftwood near the border on shore when Dubloon arrived.  The salty taste of the ocean-cured wood was extremely pleasant, and there wasn't a whole lot else to do at that very moment.

She heard the noise the wolf made when they came sliding down, and her head snapped around.  From her vantage, she couldn't see what it was, but with a silent regretful look at her treasure, she quickly remedied that with a loping trot around.

It was a wolf, covered in debris, but seemingly unbothered.  Instantly her bearing shifted to teasing enthusiasm, and she jauntily stepped over.  "Didn't realize the sand around here was so aggressive.  Guess I can sleep easier knowin the dunes got my borders covered."
im assuming he'll be accepted unless you think he's gonna do something wild, so if you want, feel free to jump in the pack meeting <3
16 Posts
Ooc —
Yep! :>

He was in a much better mood than before, and it seemed as if things would only improve for Dubloon as time went on — before the sand could even settle, he found himself in the company of a darkly coated female. She seemed to be amused by his arrival, meanwhile he was trying to get a good look at her without thinking about how familiar (and attractive) she looked; perhaps because she looked like a female version of himself.

Aye, they're mighty fine dunes, to be sure! He agreed, and rolled in the sand as if to prove his point. He stretched out and gathered piles of sand between his forelimbs as if to make a pillow, and then ploughed through with the turn and push of his chest. Sorry lass, I've been far away from any beach for many days now — likely look a bit loonie t'you, eh?

1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
it was with amusement that erzulie sidled across the sand to rosalyn's side. offering the captain a deferential nod — the harlot would be remiss if she did not admit, at least to herself, that proximity to the other woman thrilled her in a quiet way — the quartermaster turned her attention toward the man.
in many shades, he resembled rosalyn, though her teeth ached to rake the debris from his fur. seeing little reason to speak, erzulie maintained her warm silence, appraising the newcomer with a light gaze.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"Just a bit." She said, remembering her own recent reaction to being back on the strand fondly.  She too had immediately flopped to the sand, though her exhaustion had given her a bit less gusto to do so with.

Erzulie approaches and stood silently beside, and Rosalyn cast her a warm look before turning back to continue.  Despite the friendly nature of this meeting so far, it was always nice to have a friend at your back, and even moreso her company. 

"My name's Rosalyn, Captain of the crew makin their home near here.  You lookin to sign on near the coast?"  He seemed like he'd be a fit if he was, and with the loss of a few to chase Smokestep's ghost, they could use a couple new bodies.
16 Posts
Ooc —
The woman spoke and he sort-of listened, still a bit focused on the movement of the sand pile; then, he was watching the newcomer with an inquisitive raise of his brow. Were these a pair o' sirens trying to tempt him in to the sea? It didn't seem so, but they were both quite remarkable things — the first being a charmer for sure, the second being quite a looker. Dubloon almost missed the invitation because he was looking at Erzulie; or, rather, eating her up with his eyes. 

But, wait — a crew? Oi, a lady captain? I hear that right? Whatever had enamored him about the curious female had vanished, and the man turned his eyes on his female doppleganger with a brief squint, and then he began to laugh. It wasn't a malicious laugh — a resounding belly-laugh filled with mirth, amused by the thought of a woman running a ship. 

I could be persuaded, mayhaps, He added once he controlled himself, grinning a big wolfish smile at both of them as he sank back in the sand again, It's been'a while, lass, but I do have experience — and if'n ya need a strong man in yer life, I'd fit the bill! Maybe that's all they needed. The prospect of taking over the pack himself slipped in to his mind, but he dismissed it just as readily, unwilling to put for the effort — he was certainly a follower, not a leader.

1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
the laugh the man gave at, coupled with his offer of masculine strength — it set him solidly on the harlot's less favorable side. however, she did not evince her reaction beyond a slight tightening of mint-glow gaze; at length, erzulie turned her eyes upon their captain. "rosalyn be doin' ironsea a greatness; she at de helm means only good t'ings."
and here she fell silent, for the remainder of this meet was on the other woman's decision, and she had said what she wished to say.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
His tone and levity rubbed Rosalyn the wrong way also, but only in that deep corner of her mind that would never get past that particular male mindset.  She had a lot of pride, but luckily for this wolf, that pride didn't depend on how he saw her one whit.  So she simply shook her head, smiling good naturedly at the jest.  He'd either show respect or he wouldn't, but if he was willin to join, likely he'd adjust.  They usually did.

"I dunno that we need ya bad enough to persuade," she responded, still smiling.  But her gaze gained a slight piercing quality as she sized him up.  "Got myself plenty of strength already."  She cast a look to Erzulie, grateful for her words and definitely counting her among it.  Not a strong man perhaps, but sometimes they were strong where men couldn't be.  "But if yer lookin for a home, and willin to follow my word, then you'd be welcome."
16 Posts
Ooc —
He was a dumbass. He knew it, and now they probably cottoned on pretty quickly to the fact as well. It was something he needed to work on. Rarely did he put forth the effort (mostly because pirates didn't give a crap how they came off to others, but Dubloon knew by the way they looked at him and spoke to him that he had screwed up somehow, and that wasn't good). He did need a place to stay, and they were offering despite his remarks — and he envisioned the beachfront strewn with breautiful women, which was a fantasy made real. It didn't sound half bad.

Hm, right then, the man hoisted himself up to his feet and the sand shifted across him, falling back to the earth with a hiss. Ain't nothin' wrong with that. Ye be strong enough to cap'n a ship, that's good 'nuff fer me. Not everyone is cut from the right stuff, eh? Still, maybe he was just saying what he thought they wanted to hear — his gaze remained fixed on Rosalyn and he didn't seem that put-off by her hawkish stare; if anything, it emboldened him. I pledge m'self to ye crew, lass! D'ye have a name for this 'ere ship?
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
skippin Erzulie for the moment if that's not ok def pm me <3

His type was common to the beaches they roamed; brash, friendly, too quick with an opinion at times but honest and generally, harmless.  To those they liked, that is.  She enjoyed them; when they gave loyalty they tended to give it well, and when they had something they actually wanted to defend they coveted it fiercely.  Pirates were the best of them once won; the problem was winning them.

"I'll agree with you there," she said, a few faces coming to mind unbidden.  "Her name's Ironsea, and she stretches from here to the other end of that cove."  She looked back along the beach fondly.  "This here's Erzulie, Quartermaster.  She helps me keep an eye on you lot, make sure everyone's fit n happy n keepin out of trouble."  Rosalyn could take a mite of disrespect towards her own rank, because she enjoyed the banter and challenge of changin minds.  She found, though, she'd have a harder time stomaching any shown to her seconds.  Hopefully there wouldn't be a problem.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erz can be skipped from here on out <3 sorry so so sorry

her words were not needed; it was important to erzulie that rosalyn handle the joiner, as captain this time. yet at the reference to her, the harlot cocked a hip and angled herself toward the other woman. "an' i be havin' my own ways of dealin' wid troublemakers," she intoned with a graveness neither imagined nor real; it was up to dubloon to decide if she was serious.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Im gonna wrap this if that's ok! Since Dubloon isn't around anymore (well, active but departed lol)

Rosalyn nodded as Erzulie said her piece, short and to the point, though her eyes were on the other's reaction.   He seemed amiable enough, despite two "ladies" holding the helm of this ship.  Well, Rosalyn didn't mind a little skepticism... it kept her honest, and a crew had rights to doubt its captain till they were proven.

She indicated he should follow, aiming to show him around and introduce him to some of the crew.  As they did she would chat, friendly banter, trying to get more of a read on what sort of wolf he was and how he came to be here.