Moonspear raise a little hell
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
All Welcome 

✴        He'd been awake for hours, waiting, watching, growing impatient for his next meal (but Revui was always impatient when food was involved). The rendezvous site was getting cramped for him, so he took to wandering on the fringe of where he was supposedly allowed to be; more often than not, someone would come along and herd him back to the others. Today he was lucky — most of the adults were off doing their own thing, or so it seemed. If he was being watched he was ignorant of any presence, and took liberties with his freedom. The boy roamed a little further every day and, without anyone to stop him, he'd managed to escape the rendezvous site for a few hours.

On his return, he spotted a sleepy @Arcturus doing something way less interesting, but since the boy had gotten lonely on his escapade, he zeroed-in on whatever antics his brother was up to. He tried to slink back to the rendezvous site without being caught by his littermate, but halfway along the ridge an idea struck him, and the boy's path deviated so that it would cut through the path that Arc was taking. With a sudden roar, he burst from cover and zoomed straight for him: eager to catch the dark boy unaware and instigate a little rough-housing.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
much like his pewter-clad brother, arcturus had noted as of late a somewhat more lax policy amongst the adults -- perhaps they were sick of him, perhaps they wanted him to just Grow Up and get out from under their hair -- either way, arcturus relished the opportunity to do some 'splorin by his lonesome.

unlike revui, he was not so bold to go beyond the unspoken parameters by much. quintessentially the "toe the line" guy, arcturus really only went just far enough to taunt the adults. and when no protest came, he was quick to abandon his resolve and trudge back within eyesight of his family.

it was a quaint coincidence in the moment revui was preparing his assault, arcturus was wondering where revui had gone off to.. as the old adage goes - speak of the devil, and he shall appear -- arcturus nearly bowled over in surprise (and then huffiness) when a roar shocked him from his thoughts and sent him scampering like a spooked dove from whatever beast had exploded from the underbrush. realizing belatedly it was his brother that lead the formidable charge, arcturus' ears unpinned and he swung round to face revui with a whirring growl whilst he cast some playful snaps in revui's direction.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        Initially the child thought his shadow of a brother was going to turn tail and bolt, which would've amounted to a game of chase (and that would've sufficed for a while), but he was far more interested when recognition dawned, and the two could face-off against one another. He barked a few times in retaliation to the snapping of teeth, unable to hold back his amusement as he got what he wanted, and did his best to grapple with his brother.

Arcturus was being defensive. That was something that Revui lacked — he often played at full tilt, unable (or perhaps not interested) in holding back. It was the same now. He would lunge and snap with his teeth, or bat at the boy with his big feet, or do his damnest to throw his mighty weight around; all just so he could get Arcturus pinned, regardless of the difficulties or the damages he'd recieve in return.

If his brother was faster (which was often the case) the game would go on for a while. It might've ended in some bloodshed (a bloodied nose comes to mind). Through it all though, Revui did not mean his brother real harm. He loved his brother - in his way - and was glad to have a playmate.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
you can PP arc! do you want this thread for his mercenary?

things weren't so scary now that arcturus knew that the monster that emerged from cover was his brother; a little indignant to be caught unawares like that, arcturus made some scrappy passes at his stalwart sibling. there was very little hope any of his 'attacks' would connect -- where revui went to the hilt, arcturus had a more tempered blade -- which, in battle, would always be the dark cub's downfall.

cast aside by the bludgeoning blow of a rather hefty forepaw, arcturus found his balance compromised. trying his best to maintain composure the boy playfully lunged for the offending digits that had struck him, his teeth parted to gently glom anything he came into contact with.

send my soul away
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
yes please!

✴        His paw struck something of Arcturus, but before the boy could do much else besides grin wolfishly, he found his paw grappled by his sibling's moist mouth. The feeling was far from ideal — and while Arcturus was temporarily off-kilter, Revui was soon pulled asunder himself by the brief but strange grip his brother held. He flailed his extended paw and wrist, yipping with indignance — how very dare you ! — and missed a step, which bowled him towards Arcturus awkwardly. The boy lowered his head at the last second as if that would help, and felt a KLONK! as the dome of his skull caught on Arc's chin.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
ok!! will spree this out w u so you can get it

ah hah! arc had him where he wanted him; just as unbalanced as him, and rendered almost incapable thanks to the rather protesting limb in his mouth. yet arcturus' victory was the shortest lived of triumphs -- with a sudden clash, revui toppled towards him like a statue undone, and managed to clunk him right in the head.

oof -- arcturus was dazed for a moment, and collapsed to the ground in a heap of confusion. he scrambled for a second to nip anything he could but was much too offkilter to do anything but tilt over onto the ground in a clumsy fashion.

send my soul away
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        The silver beast of a child was befuddled for only moments, thanks to having such a thick skull. What had him the most confused was his position, because he was squished against Arcturus in such a way that forced his shoulders and forequarter down, and his hind end up, almost like he was trying to prop himself up with a headstand while Arcturus was beneath him.

As much as he protested against the unnatural contortion of his body, there was little he could do to counter his brother's fluke, especially while Arcturus was grabbing at him with nips and snaps. All he could do was follow the curve of his already bent body and roll over, which served to smack his rear-end in to Arcturus and in a way, lead to Revui pinning his brother like a puddle of blackness under him.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
quite unused to the unceremonious tumble he had been delivered, arcturus flopped to the ground the manner of a water-balloon, tired and expanding. his nips did little in recourse, and he felt his brother's presence press down in an ever ominous force.

yet there was little he could do; subjugated to being rather intimate with the ground, arcturus pressed his cheek to the earth and wriggled like a worm with little growls. revui outweighed him significantly, and as he was thoroughly pinned, all the boy could muster were half-hearted kicks with his hind end.
send my soul away
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        The boy's kicks were poorly timed, but because of Revui's position, many of those kicks landed. Soon enough the silvered boy was feeling queasy in the belly. He didn't like the sensation of being pummelled like that, and began to writhe, eager to find his footing and get away before much more harm could come to him. Unfortunately, Arcturus landed a series of kicks straight to Revui's belly that really hurt.

One to the underside of his ribs, a couple to his belly, and a final, exceptionally jarring kick right to the groin.

Revui's eyes went wide with shock, then they narrowed one at a time (as if he were letting out a silent by deadly fart over an extended period of time), and his breath whooshed out of his mouth in a slow gasp through his gritted teeth. The fur of his back stood on-end for a split second, and in the next moment he was stumbling to one side, freeing Arcturus temporarily. The pain radiating up from his groin was a lasting one.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus' kicks landed true, though he hadn't wished the pain upon his brother. feeling suffocated by his brother's weight upon him, arcturus wheezed and lost volition -- enough volition that his larger sibling was able to untangle himself from the mess of limbs and leave arcturus still dazed and winded.

his head hurt, incredibly. it was a whirling kind of hurt, and his shortness of breath had caused a strange sense of helplessness to settle in his normally spirited bones. had he known he had just delivered the unkindest of blows to revui he might have been more apologetic in his interactions; as it was, he was too preoccupied with his own hurt to notice the fumbling actions of his gravely wounded brother.

lying there, the boy collapsed to his side again in a series of heavy pants.
send my soul away
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        The throbbing pain gradually subsided, but Revui wasn't quick to rise up again or reinitiate the game. He lay beside his brother for a bit instead, panting heavily, sharing the company of his best friend until he'd properly caught his breath and the deeply twisting knot in his stomach had lessened somewhat. Even then, he did not rise. He listened to Arcturus' breathing, scooted closer with some careful wriggling, and propped himself against his brother with the drape of a limb. After a few seconds the boy realized the game had come to an end but neither of them were really.. Doing anything. He probed at Arcturus with his snout, and lapped a few careful, hasty kisses across his brother's cheek to make sure he was still awake, as if their game had incapacitated him entirely.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
despite the air that seemed to escape him, and the weight that only just seemed to be lifted, there was something comforting about laying flat out alongside revui. to arcturus, it seemed the close proximity had, despite the pain, served as a reminder they were brothers and by blood declared to be best friends. his sides heaved and his tongue lolled, but he did not move - not even as his brother cast a thick limb around him.

with an affectonate roll of his head he placed a messy kiss on his brother's cheek, and was then content to lull into sleep as soon as his breath was caught and his painful disorientation had subsided. (sry for kicking you in the nuts, bro)
send my soul away