Silverlight Terrace 'cause loving and hating are one and the same
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Private 

She honestly fucking hated this place, but she couldn't help herself from coming back.  To the North was where she had met Cassiopeia, and she wondered what had become of the girl since she'd been dropped back off at the Sunspire.  Here she had met Siarut, and she didn't really want to know what was going on with him.  And closeby she'd been led on by that Morningside boy, and the thought made her cheeks burn again.

Accompanied by only the moonlight, she trailed through the grasses, stuck in her failures.

between the devil and the deep blue sea
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Okay, where the hell am I? The frustration in her voice was evident, though her comment was directed at none but herself. Lainie was completely and utterly lost. The storm had really turned her around, and to top it all off, she was pretty sure her ankle was broken. It had swollen so thoroughly she hated to look at it, and would stand for no pressure at all.
She wasn't aware she had company until after she'd blurted her irritable thoughts, however. The wayward Tauhou turned just in time to catch sight of another through the darkness. The figure was cloaked in shadow, but under the faint moonlight Lainie could tell the stranger was slim, and very red. Uh... hello? She called out, ears already pinning to her head in embarrassment.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Brooding wasn't doing her any good, and sulking in this area was likely to bring her trouble because really, that's the only fucking thing she'd ever found around these parts.

Her head swept up in surprise at the stranger's calling, and one quick sweep over the girl's body allowed Ceara to see her swollen ankle.  A mirthless smile played on her lips as all she could think was, "again?" 

Silverlight Terrace, she called back, motioning to the moonlight and then back to the silvery expanse that surrounded them.  Hey there.  What's good?

46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
The answer erased any hope doubt Lainie had as to whether or not the stranger had heard her. Fortunately, she seemed kind enough— even if that was a strange question. Nothing right now, She answered with a snort, gesturing slightly with her muzzle to her swollen ankle. I'm lost— well, obviously.
I just got used to being on that stupid island and now I'm not anywhere near the coast! The words spilled from her unbidden, and she took a few limping steps to close the distance between them. If the red girl hadn't wanted to hear all her woes, well, too bad. Shouldn't have asked what's good when everything was shit. There was no unfriendliness to her tone, though; only frustration and self-pity. My ankle hurts and I'm hungry. So, nothing is good— it's all shit and I hate it. Nice to meet you.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Suddenly, she kind of missed how tight-lipped Cassiopiea had been.  Holy shit, this girl was just going to dump her entire life story on her, huh?  Uh.  That wasn't what 'what's good' meant but she really couldn't fault her, now could she?

Well, that fuckin' blows.  If you wanna, you can rest up while I take care of you for the night.  Which sounded way more sinister or seductive (take your pick) than Ceara had ever intended.  Maybe come morning I can help you find your way back.

46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Lucky for the red girl, Lainie actually hadn't dumped her entire life story; just the past month or so. She was still too strung out and, honestly, hangry to feel bad or embarrassed yet, but she was grateful for the other girl's offer. She nodded slowly. I— I'd appreciate that. Thank you.
What was it with every stranger she met being ridiculously helpful, anyway? Maybe the wolves around here all shared a savior complex; not that it bothered her too much. Lainie plopped herself down a little ungracefully, studying the stranger. Oh, uh... I'm Lainie. You?
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Ceara.  She took a few tentative steps forward until she was standing over the gray-washed girl made silver beneath the moonlight.  She lowered her nose to inspect the ankle but thus far made no move to touch it.  She had hoped that it was just rolled, but the awkward and unnatural angle it rested at made her sure it was broken.  Doesn't look good.  Where're you from?