Blackfeather Woods Song of the mau
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All Welcome 
The eldest child’s eyes had long since opened, yet there was little for him to do with this new ability. He could watch as the shadows rushed away from the light’s dance, make out the misshapen forms of what he would later know to be his siblings, but that was about it. It was not until the gift of walking was bestowed upon him that the boy was truly capable of living life, teetering and toddling in whichever direction his legs thought best to take him in. He did not fully understand what it was that he’d learned to do, did not even see the dangers that would eventually follow him, he simply moved with joy as he discovered his capabilities.

There was a light brighter than that which he was accustomed to, one that was often blocked by a mass he could not identify. Yet, today it was not. Today there was no mass to shield the sun’s rays from shining down through the mouth of his den, there was no barrier to stop him. Thus, out the child went, wobbling atop his little legs as he poked his head out into the new world.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
The children grow each day, once more stronger than the last. Soon they’ll be difficult to wrangle but she’s certain the lot of them will be able to keep them in line, at least for a while. They’re raising children under unusual circumstances than they’re used to. Strict parents limited their growth and they’re all in a whirlwind of new experiences, something more difficult on the older siblings. Some days she’s scared. Some days she takes in stride. Watching Aningan figure out his legs, however, make her realize there’s not much for her here.

She sighs gently, shifting away from the other two slumbering children and pressing her nose against the back of the child’s head. She does not stop him from exploring, instead a silent guardian as he begins to investigate the big world around him.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The touch against his neck startled the boy, causing him to whirl around in a flurry of unsteady legs and floppy ears. He tripped over his own paws and went tumbling down, yet was quick to right himself; a sprawled out mop of fur soon morphed into an upright, semi-steady child. He stared at the cause behind his fumble with raised hackles, still uncertain, until her face came into focus and he was able to relax.

Knowing not if he’d be pulled back or not, Aningan whipped himself right back around and hobbled off as quickly as his little legs would take him, eager to complete his quest and explore.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
To her surprise, she startles the child, and her ears fall back. What was meant to be an encouraging nudge set him on edge and though he relaxes enough, she wonders if her mother ever startled her in the early stages? Her experience with children outside of her own extends only to younger siblings. As long as he knows she’s there, Shivali is okay. Her children will be safe under her and her family’s care with or without the Woods.

Aningan takes off after he’s in the clear and her ears are back up, lumbering after him. Luckily for her, puppies aren’t that fast at this age and she easily keeps up with him, walking above him as he explores the surroundings outside their den.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Much to his surprise, he bounded onward without being stopped. Every now and again he glanced back to see what his mother was up to but, overall, remained relatively focused on what he was doing—which was exploring the whole world and filling his mind with new images and experiences. The sights, smells, and sounds were all so different outside of the den, he almost felt overwhelmed. Still, he trudged forward until he hit a particularly soft spot along the forest floor, and then proceeded to get himself stuck in mud.

Behold: the screaming child.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
She watches him carefully, occasionally looking back to make sure no one else escaped. The good thing about puppies, they weren’t balanced enough to get too far yet. A smile presses to her features and she keeps close but when he finds a type of terrain he doesn’t like—mud—he begins to shriek as loud as his little lungs will bellow. At first, she gives him a moment to exhaust his lungs before plucking him from the ground with an audible wet pop and dropping him back a few feet out of the mud. Giving him a chance to shake it off, she takes him to a nearby water source to clean him up before taking him back to the den.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads