Blacktail Deer Plateau what a lovely day to Suck Toes
22 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
All Welcome 
It's a weird title but it's also a great meme.

For the time being, Wilson was entirely focused on settling in. There would be time to explore after she'd become fully accustomed to the pack dynamic so she was being careful not to rush things. Her days typically consisted of hunting small game (or trying to, at the least) and trying to make a mental map of the territory and while she wasn't normally a fan of routine, this one happened to suit her quite well. 

On this particular evening, Wilson happened to be sitting at the border with her eyes trained on the retreating horizon. She sighed and reclined as she took in the natural beauty of the sunset.
Hiya!
Please take the time to read through this post.
Happy roleplaying!
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
The creamy, fluffy-pelted young lady certainly stuck out among Ruenna's packmates, most of whom were swathed in darker hues.  Rue knew that she had been somewhat neglecting her duty to welcome new packmates, mostly because the new packmates had been male unti now. It was time for the aspiring scout to get her feet wet and start practicing this "ambassador" thing, and who better to start with than a packmate-- essentially, a family member? 

She found the amber-eyed girl at the border, surveying the surrounding territories with an appreciative eye. "It's a lovely spot to call home," she commented quietly, keeping her voice low so as not to startle the girl. Of course, her voice was always kind of quiet, but her tone had a purpose in this moment. She offered the girl a smile and friendly tail wag, hoping to look welcoming despite her natural inclination toward shyness with strangers. "Would you mind if I joined you?" She took a small, hopeful step forward and inclined her head questioningly.
22 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Before turning her head to see who the stranger was, Wilson gave an affirming nod and motioned to an empty space beside her. There's a lot that I haven't seen yet. There were so many hidden nooks and crannies, so many paths to be memorized; it both intimidated and excited the curious yearling. What's your name? she asked before adding, I'm Wilson. I'm pretty new, but I take it you know that already. How long have you been here?
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue was relieved to find that the newcomer was graciously accepting company. She drew up beside the young lady and took her seat. "Ruenna Redfern," she answered, then added, "But you can call me Rue if you like." It was the first time Rue had invited a packmate to call her by the nickname she used for herself in her mind, and she surprised herself a bit hearing herself issue the invitation aloud. 

"I joined very soon after the pack was established, toward the end of the summer. We're all fairly new to this location," she reassured the young woman with a smile. "So what brought you to us, Wilson?" She asked, curious as to how the recent recruit found herself in need of a new pack at such a young age.
22 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Oh! It occurred to Wilson then that she'd forgotten to ask Kavik about their formation in-depth so it seemed to make the most sense that she'd ask Rue now. How long has this pack been around? she inquired with a slight tilt of her head, attention no longer diviied between the landscape and Rue. I've been around for a while, really, but I know what happens to loners without packs in the winter. This place was close, so I figured I'd try my luck.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
"Not long, really. It was established this summer, from what I've gathered." To tell the truth, Rue wasn't sure exactly when Blacktail Deer Plateau came to be, but during her conversation with Elixir the wolfdog had indicated that they were new here. "I do know that the founding members traveled together for some time, looking for the perfect place to settle down. That would be Liri, Kavik, their beta Grezig, aaand.. Elixir and I think Minori." Rue thought there may have been more original members, but those were the only names she knew for sure. "For the most part everyone else is new, like us." 

The girl's answer was more than a little vague, but Rue figured that was okay. Yearlings don't just pop out of thin air; they have to come from somewhere, and if Wilson was on her own so early in life then it was likely her story was a sad one. Rue could understand why the girl would might want to avoid that line of conversation when making a new acquaintance. "Oh. Well I think you were lucky to end up here, and I'm sure we're lucky to have you." If their luck continued, perhaps the young woman would decide to stay for longer than just the winter. No doubt she would prove herself to be capable and an asset to the pack, considering that she had been hacking it as a lone wolf for so long at such a young age.