Duskfire Glacier You can run on for a long time
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
All Welcome 
AW but looking for @Aleks or @Samothes

The sun shone down on the glacier, the ice glistened as it melted into the river. Summer was taking its toll on the environment. It was cooler here, which Siarut was happy for, but it was still summer. Sometimes the heat was to much for the man and he found his way into the mouth of the ice grotto. He knew it was dangerous, especially at this time of the year as the ice shifted more frequently, but it was such a relief that he couldn't stop himself. 

Which is where he was now. His dull claws gripped the ice, and his white tail was laid upon his paws to keep his pads warm.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

to stab my youth with desperate knives
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

stuck, stuck, his brain is stuck, even as he'd made his way back to the glacier in a dizzy haze, even as he realises distantly oh, that was reckless and there will be a next time and ronnie. but the ice and chill is sobering, sobering enough that he can push down the urgent prickle of his skin demanding more, and he pushes deeper into the territory, looking for more burning cold to drive away the urge to go find ronnie again and his bewitching poppy and beady eyes. 

samothes is outright shivering as he nears the grotto. shivering is good. the immediacy of it keeps him grounded -- and oh, there's someone else here, nice and cozy in the ice. he could stay here. he could forget about ronnie. he could establish himself, do better than he'd done in the creek. thinking of this he chuffs low, greeting the northerner (he assumes its one of them, anyway) as he draws close, not quite entering the grotto itself yet.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The chill of the ice never quite reached the man as he sat, aside from the slight tingling in his toes he relished the heat. His breath caused a fog with each exhail, and the cool air helped to clear his lungs of the humid air the resided outside. It was an odd think for Siarut to comprehend, the idea of being cool when outside was still so warm. In the arctic it was fairly cooled all year round, not that he had noticed until he had ventured south. 

The sound of footsteps approaching, echoing of the ice walls gave the pale man pause. Turning his head toward the sound Siarut found the hovering form of Samothes just outside, and a chuff was offered by the other man. "Come closer." Siarut called as the chuff continued to echo further into the caverns behind him. Sia had no desire to venture from the cool cave, so beckoning Sam closer was the only option. He couldn't make out the shivering of his fur, or the craze of his gaze just yet.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away
sorry for the hold up!

oh, he does recognize this man distantly -- he does not remember his name but he is the leader of the northerners. of him for that matter. it is important to get these details right. samothes lowers his head slightly, nodding at the command -- right, right, he can do these basic things. sucking in a breath to control his shivers the svelte man crawls closer, cautious of the way his paws threaten to slip on the ice. even in his state he has an image to maintain after all.

"quite chilly," he comments uselessly, clearing his throat. there is a touch of freneticism to his gaze but he carefully shoves his restless energy under wraps in interest of maintaining his facade"i'm afraid i haven't caught your name," he admits, shifting his weight from paw to paw with his best contrite expression, hoping it isn't terribly rude (or he will be forgiven at least.)
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The man complied, although his uneasiness on the ice was apparent, and Siart almost felt bad asking him to come closer. His green gaze watched his steps carefully looking for any sign of slippage, ready to help his pack-mate if necessary. The dim lighting prevent Siarut from seeing the frenzied energy in the man's gaze. His voice holding a hint that Siarut can't decipher.

Nodding to the man's obvious statement, and realizing he might not be able to see him, Siarut follow's up with his own words. "Yes, it is." Looking around at the ice, the gentle sound of dripping water coming from the ceiling as the sun outside rose the temperature. The man's question brought Siarut's gaze back to the smaller man. He remembered the man had offered his services the very first night they had arrived. "No I suppose I wasn't offering it at our last encounter." His only thought's had been on his sister and the comfort of his travelling companions. "I apologize for that. I am Siarut Iyaroak Ateneq, although most call me Siarut." The ice bear was not in any way offended, and was glad the man admitted his lack of knowledge and asked the necessary questions. "And you are Samothes, if I remember correctly." It was a statement, rather than a question.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away
ooc: sorry for the wait mdear! phone post :0

--

at least he is not scorned for not knowing siarut's name -- he draws his tongue across his lips and nods, forcing himself to be present. "samothes, yes." the messeda pauses. he is more or less trapped in this conversation, although he's nothing to say -- his brain echoes ronnie, ronnie, nothing else. thankfully -- he can act. "so you and yours come from the north," he hears himself saying, playing the part of interested pack-member, "is it .. glacial, like this, where you're from?"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Remaining oblivious to the man's plight Siarut watched Sam with interest as the question form's on his tongue. Nodding to the confirmation that his family was indeed from the north, it was a well state fact, something that they were all proud of. Easy to accept and a good place to start a conversation.

Looking around at the ice that surrounded the pair Siarut shook his head. "No." He almost considered finishing the conversation there, but realized it was perhaps a little to rude. Even for himself. "Our pack was situated on the tundra. It was mostly frozen dirt, and snow." There were other details, but he usually wasn't one to thing of trivial things to share.

"And you Samothes? Where to you hail from?" Refocusing on the smaller man beside him.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}