i reached back to scratch my arse and found a banana peel in my pocket
190 Posts
Ooc — Kris
He missed the terseness of Wylla's answer, hearing the name only as some sweet thing. Tiercel. His heart was warm and full as he gazed upon his daughter. He nearly missed the suggestion that she should have been named Dumbass, for his world had narrowed in to her. "Aw, she takes after her Dad." He grinned goodnaturedly, having no idea (or maybe he did have an idea) how true the mother of his child thought that was.

Raptor pushed himself up into a comfortable sit as Tiercel danced between him and Wylla, who seemed to better understand what she was saying. Fish. Aha, he understood now what Tiercel was talking about. There was a pang in his heart though — maybe he would have known that f'iss was fish if he had been here to be a father to her. He would be from now on, he decided there and then, a serious look passing across his face for a moment.

"I like fish," he commented, smiling fondly at his daughter. He leaned down to her "Maybe your mother will let me take you to look for fish sometime. Hmm? I can show you where to find crabs too. Oh and snails! Oh and —" He caught himself just as his tail started to beat uncontrollably, just as he was getting carried away with excitement again. The corner of his mouth drew back with uncertainty as he straightened back up and looked to Wylla, his ears somewhat drooped.

"You don't have to raise her alone... I can help. I can bring food... I could watch her...."
Messages In This Thread
RE: i reached back to scratch my arse and found a banana peel in my pocket - by Raptor - August 02, 2018, 06:15 PM