Otatso Wetlands curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back
22 Posts
Ooc — Rin
sorry for the wait!
"Thank you for the information." To this, the ebony woman gave a scoff-like "hm" of amusement, one side of her mouth briefly flicking up as she did so, unable to tell from her companion's neutral tone if that had been sarcasm or not. Either way, it didn't matter. She should be thankful; it could save her life one day. 

Then, ears perking, she caught the other's name, and duly noted that yeah, they hadn't traded names yet, had they? She didn't really care much for pleasantries, so it was an easy thing for her to forget, though she did like giving her name so others could find her if they ever needed medical assistance. "Invictus," she flatly returned.

After that, the other went on to explain that she apparently came from a group that intended to become a pack, the mere mention of which already had Invictus quirking a brow, her cold, analytical gaze sliding over to the other inquiringly. She considered it, just for a moment, mind swiftly running through the idea of accepting the offer, following this wolf back to who-knows-where, and merging her life with that of... others... for an extended period of time- potentially until the end of her days if all went well... and.... needless to say, it didn't appeal. Truly, she'd only even given it a thought because of the soft, perverted voice in the back of her mind saying it was wrong to live her entire life alone, void of any contact with others outside of treating patients, and that if she had any hopes of healing the wounds of her past or just overcoming her issues in general, she needed to merge with a community... but, Invictus was stubborn, if nothing else, and had no plans of giving up the comfortable, solitary, and free life she built for herself just so others could muck it up.

Disinterest evident, she turned her muzzle away, her expression akin to a bored cat that had just been offered the same ball of string she'd been toying with since her birth and knew full well by now that she no longer wanted it.

"Intriguing, but I'm not interested. I prefer to live alone."

With that, she drew a hind leg up to lightly scratch her ear, as some tiny swamp gnat had landed on it. "At any rate, if it is as you say, it seems you'll be just fine without me. "

It was her assumption that any pack just starting out must be pretty small, so unless they liked to foolishly charge into battle or didn't have the common sense to give their diseased members a wide berth, one healer ought to be enough. Of course, if this healer also doubled as one of their leaders, perhaps that made things a little more complicated... oh well. Her mind was made up; it was not her problem. She only had one more thing to say about it.

"However, should something go awry, I don't mind being sought out and brought pack to lend a helping paw. I'll likely still be around this region for a while."
Currently in western Snowforest Taiga and traveling to northern Rising Sun Valley
If your wolf is nearby and has a boo boo, feel free to tag her.
Additionally, her raven companion Caius frequently travels and checks in with her.
He is free to appear in any of her threads unless specifically made private.