Emberwood I never knew anybody 'til I knew you
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
<3 Imagine Dragons

The place they were now was definitely preferable to the wetlands they had recently trekked through. This place was made of mostly woods, which meant it was cooler, especially at night. This evening, he was lying down a short distance from the group, keeping a watchful eye out as they interacted. 

He was unsure where Liri currently was; she sometimes liked to patrol in the evening, and so when she did, he would usually stay behind to keep watch. The entire time she was gone, he would periodically scan the tree line, hoping to catch her white form moving towards him from the woods. She was never gone long, but it was always too long for him. 

His stomach clenched in anticipation as her soft call reached his ears. Nothing could have kept him from answering that call from his healer; his mate. He had come to the realization at some point during their journey that Liri was it for him. The love had already been there, that much was obvious, but the knowledge that he wanted her to be his mate had come sometime later. He had pretty much considered her to be his since the first night they fell asleep under the stars, so it was only natural that they should be mates. 

Kavik glanced toward the others in their group, and decided they all would be fine for a while without He or Liri there. He stood then and began trotting in the direction the call from his love had come. 

He silently padded through dark forest, his inky coat keeping him well hidden in the shadows except for the occasional glint of moonlight on dark, shiny strands of fur.  Her intoxicating scent, pine and wildflowers, became stronger as he grew closer to where he knew she was. His possessiveness was soothed by the fact that his scent was intertwined with hers so deeply, it seemed it would be that way forever. 

He found his beautiful wolf sitting next to the stream that wove through the area. He quickly closed the distance between them, and when he reached her, he pressed his head to her cheek, feeling complete now that they were together. He gave her a soft kiss then that still held his usual intensity; intensity only she invoked. Stepping back just enough to meet her gaze, Kavk sat down in front of his healer. "Hey, you," was all he said, before falling silent again, gad she never seemed to require him to say much.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
I never knew anybody 'til I knew you - by Síff - July 07, 2018, 08:43 AM
RE: I never knew anybody 'til I knew you - by RIP Kavik - July 07, 2018, 10:10 PM
RE: I never knew anybody 'til I knew you - by Síff - July 09, 2018, 09:55 AM
RE: I never knew anybody 'til I knew you - by Síff - July 09, 2018, 02:27 PM
RE: I never knew anybody 'til I knew you - by Síff - July 10, 2018, 01:24 PM
RE: I never knew anybody 'til I knew you - by Síff - July 12, 2018, 05:25 AM
RE: I never knew anybody 'til I knew you - by Síff - July 13, 2018, 08:59 AM