Emberwood Another day and another chance
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Private 
Elixir was settled here for the time being, the woods we’re fine for a backdrop and she was content with the way things were going with the band of wolves. She padded over to a tall tree with lots of overhang so she could have some shade from the unforgiving sun. Again as it has many time before, her tongue rolled out of her mouth so she could try to cool off.

As she lay there relaxing, the last interaction with @Grezig came to mind. A little whine escaped her throat, it wasn’t the way she had wanted it to go and would have liked to apologize. Apologizing wasn’t as easy as some might think, Elixir is scared that now the wolf would want nothing to do with her.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig had not given the mutt another thought after their last interaction. She still thought she was in the right and so the wolfdog’s reaction did not bother her. She was not sad about it. In fact, she really didn’t care. She did not hold a grudge against Elixir, either. She still thought that either Elixir was very, very lucky, or that she was a liar. Grezig had been raised a full wolf with a pack of full wolves. Half-breeds were new to her, though she had heard of them. In her biased opinion, there was no way a half-breed could survive the wilds at eight months old and live to adulthood.

None of that mattered, though, because Grezig wasn’t even thinking about Elixir when she came across her laying in the shade of a tree. She was actually thinking about Thorleif. Where was that idiot? She had some things she needed to teach him—like the fact that, if he was going to be a part of this group, he needed to learn to hunt deer no matter how felt about it. Grezig almost marched right past Elixir, and then turned at the last moment.

“Elixir,” she said, half a greeting and half surprised. Then she simply stood and looked at her, unsure of what else to say.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Speak of the devil. Just as she was starting to relax enough to fall asleep, Grezig trots by. Elixir froze and at first she wasn’t entirely sure that she was compromised. Her head was still as she shot a glance in the direction she went, boy was that a mistake, just as she did Grezig had stopped and turned around.

Not sure what to do Elixir just sat as still as she could. When Grezig spoke her name her heart could have came out of her chest she was so hyped. “Grezig, where are you off to?” A little normal conversation would be good for them, wouldn’t it? Elixir lifted her head and then gave her a small nod in greeting after the question.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Tags for reference.

Elixir seemed nervous to Grezig, but then… that wasn’t anything new. The wolfdog seemed like a perpetual bundle of nerves. Grezig thought back to their strained interaction the other day, ear flicking, and then forgot about it. If the mutt wasn’t going to bring it up then neither would she. Besides, it didn’t matter. “I was looking for @Thorleif,” she said. “Have you seen him?” She had been meaning to give that oaf a piece of her mind for some time, but, much like @Kavik, she’d been avoiding him, lest she catch his stupidity like an illness. What wolf could mix a bear with a deer? Gods.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir listened as she spoke about wanting to see Thorleif. For the time she had been sitting there the male hadn’t come through, but she hadn’t been laying there for too long. She let Grezig finish before she spoke. “I haven’t seen him. I haven’t been here for too long so that doesn’t say much.” She rose to her paws and stretched a minute before pondering whether to offer to help find him. She decided just to keep the conversation going instead. ”what happened with him that one day anyway? He just freaked for no reason.” She furrowed her brow as the thought of him almost harming Liri came up.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
“Mm,” Grezig responded after Elixir said she hadn’t seen Thorleif. She turned and began scanning the forest around them for signs of the wolf, sniffing here and there, but she couldn’t pick up his trail. She supposed she could howl for him, but she’d rather their conversation be kept private if possible. She didn’t need the entire group to know that she was about to go lecture him for being an idiot.

Grezig let out a soft sigh when the wolfdog asked about what had happened that day. “Thorleif has some mental issues, I think,” was her reply. “He told a sob story about a deer that attacked and killed his birth pack, but the creature he thought was a deer was actually a bear.” She paused here, squinting into the distance, then turned to look at Elixir. “What wolf in their right mind would mistake a bear for a deer?” She shook her head, not understanding Thorleif’s thinking at all. “Anyway, when he saw the dead deer at Kavik’s paws he flipped his lid and started trying to bury it, to hide it from ‘the Demon King of Deer.’ What bullshit.” She snorted, shaking her head again. “We had to let that moron know that if he was going to join our group, he would have to hunt deer.”
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
you get my 50th post! :)

Elixir listened and as Grezig talked the story got even better.... worse? Not sure of the wording but more drama filled? Thorleif must have had some issues if he thought a deer could do as much damage as a bear. Elixir shook her head in disbelief from what she was hearing.

She agreed that the male seemed like a moron but everyone deserves at least a second chance. “I don’t know how he’d confuse the two. He does though need to learn to hunt them or well all be in for it then.” She said as she watched Grezig scan the area for him. “I bet he’ll come around to it... sometime.” She said with little hope in her voice. 

The conversation was good so far and it surprised Elixir.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Congrats! :D

Grezig nodded silently at Elixir’s words, thinking to herself. “He’ll have to learn,” she agreed after a time. “How to hunt deer and how to properly respect his betters. I brought him to Liri and Kavik to be recruited, and I will not have him messing anything up on my watch.” Her voice was serious and hard. She had made a promise to Kavik that if Thorleif made any huge mistakes, she would personally chase him off, and she had meant it. She shook her head, deciding that if she couldn’t find him now, she would try again later.

“How have you been settling in?” she asked, turning back to Elixir. Their group wasn’t exactly a pack yet, but it was nice being all together like this, and she wondered how the wolfdog felt being surrounded by a bunch of full-blooded wolves.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir nodded in agreement with the woman. If Thorleif needed put in his place to know to respect who gave him a home, so be it. She also looked around a bit to see if she could find him in the distance but ultimately failed. The male was nowhere in sight so she would be better off looking somewhere else, instead she offered a conversation with the wolfdog.

I’m settling okay, I think once we stop traveling and really make a home somewhere I’ll be even more okay.” She trailed off but she knew they had a while to go before getting to their final destination. If Grezig had asked her the only polite thing to do would be return it. “ Are you settling? I mean I came after you so I’m not sure how long you’ve been with them...
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
“I’ve been with the group for a few weeks now,” Grezig said in response to Elixir’s musings. “Almost a month.” She took a breath. “I, too, look forward to the day when we can finally settle down.” In truth, Grezig felt as if she were floundering out here, beginning to lose focus, wondering how long it would take the group to find their way. True, it took time to establish a pack, and, true, she had been here hardly a month. Still. She had been a loner for a long time before this, and missed the stability that came with a truly established pack. She just wanted to get wherever they were going so she could settle down and work on keeping the pack safe. It was her one true goal right now. “I wonder where exactly we will settle,” she said aloud, though she was mainly talking to herself.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir nodded, it had only been a few weeks for her and even then it seemed longer than that. The wolfdog hoped they would get closer to the sky if they could, the mountains perhaps, but she wouldn’t complain either way since they offered her a home. The thought of being close to the stars at night made her smile. 

The smile soon left her face as Grezig played with the thought of where exactly they would settle. A small shrug was the only response that came from Elixir. Even though the conversation was bitter, she couldn’t help biting her tongue and trying not to apologize for her actions earlier.

Whelp, biting her tongue never works because she opened her mouth. “About our last encounter with each other....” she sort of shifted uncomfortably and then looked at Grezig apologetically. “I’m vague about my past for a reason. I don’t know who I can trust out here... even though I’m in this band I haven’t been here long.” Her voice was pretty straight forward and firm. If she was to look out for herself it would have to stay a secret. For now. 

I hope you can forgive me for my actions.” She was genuine about the forgiveness, but if she didn’t forgive Elixir it wouldn’t be something that she’d fuss over neither.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig’s head tilted to the side of its own accord as Elixir began apologizing for their previous encounter. In truth, she had entirely forgotten it. She blinked, and then dipped her head to accept the apology. “It does not matter,” she said. “I am sorry for prying.” She did not mean this. She was not sorry about prying. She felt she still had the right to ask about it. However, keeping the peace among pack members made much more sense than stirring up more trouble, so she kept these thoughts to herself and feigned guilt. There were some wolves who could not even pretend to be sorry, and they were the worse for it. A pack only survived if it worked as a unit, and while Grezig would never be a therapist or anything like that, she knew perfectly well how to concede to keep the pack together and happy. 

“I hope you will learn to trust us one day.” This she did mean. Part of keeping pack united was having the ability to trust your packmates. Grezig understood that if you did not know the others well yet, that that might be difficult. But it was necessary. Grezig hoped that Elixir would one day understand that.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir twitched her ears as the words flowed through. She didn’t feel as though Grezig pried the last conversation but the truth was far from ready to come out. The band had only been around her for a short time and wasn’t ready to hear her past story.

She wanted to trust but after it being broken before it was hard for the naive wolfdog. A sigh uplifted from her soul, she nodded. She hoped too that a bond could be made between them all. It wasn’t a far shot but helping them settle and getting to know them would help the bond. 

I hope one day I can tell you about it. Maybe you’ll find it intriguing, maybe you’ll find it hard, or maybe disgusting. For now I’m just not sure who I can even let know about it.” Though her words were genuine her face fell flat. She didn’t give a look toward Grezig her hollow stare was off into the distance.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Intriguing. Difficult. Disgusting. 

Disgusting?

Grezig’s brows furrowed on that last word. What exactly had Elixir been through that could be considered disgusting? Did she mean it in the literal sense: gross? Like, the way vomit was gross? Or did she mean it like… like Grezig would look at her in disgust, like she had done something shameful? 

Well. It didn’t matter what the wolfdog had meant because she obviously wasn’t ready to talk about it. “I am sure it is not as bad as you think it is.” Actually, Grezig was not sure of this. She had no idea what Elixir might have done. But what was the point of saying that? That would just make Elixir feel worse, probably. So she told a white lie in the hopes of making the mutt feel better.

Feeling satisfied by their conversation, Grezig stood. “I should go and look for Thorleif,” she said, bowing her head for a moment in farewell. “Call on me if you wish to speak again.” This was her way of offering friendship, for Grezig did not trade words with others very often unless she felt such a thing would be actually be worth her time. With the smallest of smiles, she turned and walked away.

[Exit.]
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir did a little nod as she said, it might not be as bad as you think. Elixir held back a lip curl, it’s not like Grezig lived the wolfdogs life. A sigh instead escaped her and she nodded again when Grezig offered for the wolfdog to call if she would like to talk again. 

The wolfdog laid her charcoal head back on her paws as the woman left her. Shutting her red eyes she dreamt about the times to come when the pack will settle and everything will be less stressful for them.