Emberwood darling, take me to the lakeside
165 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

searching specifically for any in Northstar Vale
the day was fading fast; yet the heat remained stagnant, unmoving, reluctant to slip away as did the sun. and so was the sylph, unwilling to shift from her lazy position half-shadowed from the sun's dying rays. sphinx-like, she lay reclined, finding comfort in summer's kindness. breeze stirred the seeding grasses, eliciting no response from the oppressive heat nor strong enough to offer any relief. 

anatha blinked, carefully, appearing almost oblivious to her surroundings save for the oversized ears that roved like satellite dishes atop her narrow skull. muzzle lay stretched before her, pressed into the grasses, and eyelids flickered open at ever disturbance, scanning, searching, before fluttering closed once more.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
I’m not the leaders of NSV but she could offer to take you back!
Elixir was out searching for something to keep her busy until night had completely taken over and her favorite part of the day was upon her. As she pranced farther away from the band she become wary of her surroundings, hackles ready to spike up at any sound or sight of danger. 

Besides being wary she she was curious wanting to know about anything and everything she could, much like a young wolf. Her short slim legs stopped as she caught scent of another nearby. Taking in the scent more she realized it was not someone she was familiar with. 

So that the other knew  she was there Elixir gave a small bark and then let her nose take over. Maybe they could hear her bark? But as her eyes scanned the area she caught sight of the wolf nearby, but stayed a distance away until her greeting was met with a greeting of their own.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
165 Posts
Ooc —

the cracking of undergrowth already had her auds twisted to focus only on the distant sound, tracking it carefully as it came near. before the other sounded their bark, she had already drawn high her muzzle, deep gaze settled firmly on the shadow as it offered its odd bark. breeze stirred again, and the sylph waited until the grasses had stopped their whispering before offering a chuff in return; caring little for the shadow's oddness. for was she too not different, painted in the burning hues she was and made sharp and spindly? gaze shuttered against the sun's persistent glare, waiting patiently.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir let a soft smile appear on her face as she inches closer, carefully so she didn’t disturb the wolf too much. The heat was radiating off of her black coat, not that she could tell as of right now she kept her eye on the wolf. When she was only just a mere stretch of legs away from the wolf she dipped her head. 

Looking back up she still had her smile painted on her face. “Hello I’m Elixir, it’s a hot one today.” She let the words fall right out of her mouth, she didn’t even think about it.
165 Posts
Ooc —

the woman inched closer, slowly, awkwardly, and the only thing that kept the flame from flashing her fangs when the stranger shifted so near was the mere fact that she was female. she did not, however, remain seated; instead pushing herself up to recline back on her haunches, rear limbs tightly coiled should she need to spring away or towards the stranger. 

she allowed the woman's words to fade into silence, gaze slipping once to from where she'd come, finding it empty of anything significant. "anatha" she'd offer her name as was fair and custom, yet had no comment on the obvious.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir watched as she got up from her lying position, it wasn’t a need but Elixir brushed it off as her being polite. The naive wolfdog wagged her tail hoping to get a good conversation going with the stranger. Maybe she could be a wolf to take back to Liri and Kavik, so they could decide if she was pack material, that’s what she suspected Grezig brought Thorleif back for. She was thinking too far ahead and getting her self too amped yet. 

Anatha had just offered her name and Elixir had already thought about just bringing her back. She took a small breath in and let it out to calm her excitement, barely something noticeable. “That’s a pretty name. Why are you out here all by yourself? Do you have a pack or anyone? I can help if you don’t .” Because the wolfdog never thought before she actually let words out it seemed as though it was all one thought. Like it was too many questions at one time, she shrunk back a little hoping that she hadn’t made a mistake realizing it sounded overwhelming.
165 Posts
Ooc —

she shifted, unsettled after so long relatively alone. the stranger emitted tightly-wound energy, in her little breath, in the words she let flow so quickly and easily. she allowed the first two questions to slip by unanswered, for a moment, before echoing her last sentiment. "help?" brow quirked, wondering if the woman meant to suggest they be best buddies so shortly after meeting.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir settled a bit after Anatha spoke again, it let her know that she didn’t overwhelm her. Even though she didn’t answer the questions that she asked, maybe she could still tell her about the band. With the thought weighing in her mind she nodded when Anatha questioned help.

I have a band near here, well, it’s not mine but I’m apart of it. You don’t seem like you’re a bad wolf, but I’d like to get to know you a bit more if you decide you do want to come with me. Just so you aren’t a stranger to me when I bring you back.” She explained hoping that she would agree to her terms and come back with her. If Elixir gets to know her more she could tell her more about the band she’s traveling with.
165 Posts
Ooc —

the woman went on to explain, which made a great deal more sense than her original assumption. "who's? her first inquiry, pointed yet soft, that carried a note of genuine interest. she missed Delight and thought, sometimes, of his new place to the north, yet knew that she could no longer bear to drag her tangled past into her future. the wolf was bold to assume so quickly she'd choose to follow her, yet the sudden allure of a fresh start was tantalizing. 

"not much to know." she shifted again, but this time, it was not out of discomfort but rather thoughtfulness as she attempted for the second time to pull together a resume. "I am a healer, hunter, naturalist." words failed her then, and she paused, looking to the wolf with her never-ending questions, for the first time welcoming them as a means to figure out what exactly she ought to disclose.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir let the wolf talk, as little as she did. A naturalist? Elixir too wanted to be a naturalist, but that was a conversation for a later date. As she finished it seemed she didn’t know what else to say. “ The band belongs to Liri and Kavik, but I think those skills could be of some use for us.” She reassures Anatha that her skills wouldn’t go to waste. 

For a moment silence fell on them both, it was a bit awkward as Elixir thought of what Liri and Kavik might want to know about her. “I can’t be the one to let you in the group but I can take you back, if you accept, and let you meet Liri and Kavik. They will assess you I guess is the term, but they haven’t yet turned anyone away. If that’s what you would like.” Elixir knew they had just met but this wolf seemed to be one that could be helpful to them. Maybe she could help Elixir with being a naturalist. She waited for the sylphs reply.
165 Posts
Ooc —

no more questions were offered, to a small degree of frustration. still, she rose carefully, snippy muzzle wrinkling a moment in brief thought. "I would like to meet Liri, and Kavik." she offered no words on her thoughts on the group; but her interest was easily read by her simple desire alone. words came easier, if not completely smoothly. she did not know what to think of the girl's naivety and energy, and thus fell back into her comfort zone of short words and long silences. her willingness to follow was communicated only by a quick dip of her muzzle, a quick glance behind Elixir.

would you like to start a new thread now?
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
I’ll put one up now.

Elixir nodded and turned toward where she had left earlier that day. She wondered how the leaders would feel about bringing another back after what happened with Thorleif. Pushing that thought away she lead her away toward the group.