Moonspear When the world is saying not to
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
no rush on this!

Gannet was beginning to regain some of this calm. It wasn't that he was happy with his place here - he probably never would be. But he was a survivor, a settler, and he was adjusting his own expectations. He'd hoped to be family - now he would need to be content with simply being pack. To everyone but Whip and Hydra, at least.

It was @Whip he sought out now. His brother was here, which was exciting!! But it had been so long since they'd actually talked.... how much had changed? Idealistically he assumed not much. But reality hardly ever matched, and he wanted to find out what Whip had been up to all this time. Make sure they could still be close as they once were. All that jazz.

He took to the lower mountain trails, trackin around for some sign. He'd keep looking until he either ran into something else to distract, found him, or picked up enough of a trail to follow.
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Ayoooooo

Despite settling in to the best of his abilites, Whip stayed reletively distant regarding the rest of the pack. He pulled his weight, he did his part, but he was not chummy. Nor did he have the intention to ever be so. Gannet was a different story, but Whip was selfish and waited for his brother to approach him instead of making the first move at rebuilding something akin to a familial relationship. It just didn't seem right to him to seek his brother out, only to dump a mountain of baggage at his feet -- only if he asked, Whip supposed it would be acceptable to vent all of this pent up frustration. 

He did not yet venture near the heart of the territory, not until he thought himself proven. Now, Whip kept to the borderlands; keeping scents fresh and keeping himself fed. It wasn't often that Whip was approched out here, but he could smell his brother on the wind nearby. Whip expected him soon.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Eventually, Gannet found him. He did not immediately approach; he'd learned somewhat that others didn't like it when he surprised them like that. He'd have liked to run at him and leap like they had as pups, but instead he stopped and watched for a minute.

Then he moved to close the distance, his tail waving happily and his steps light. He was excited to speak with Whip again about what he'd seen since then, and more than that; Whip understood. He knew what Towhee didn't; the Blackthorns were family, but they weren't family. They were truly the last of Peregrine and Fox in Gannet's eyes, save Ferret somewhere.

"Hi," was all he said though, pausing before he got too close. He waited for some sort of confirmation too, more than words. Was Whip as happy to see him as he was?
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
So sorry for being so slow! Work/Moving is kicking my butt.

Whip turned to face his brother with a wary expression worn as a mask. The silence between them was short, and when Gannet spoke, Whip's tail twitched once before slowly starting to wag. "Hey," greeted Whip. It wasn't often that Whip showed emotion outwardly. Misfortune had made him cold, but for his long seperated brother, Whip could afford a sparing display to begin rebuilding the trust that distance eroded.

"I was starting to wonder when you'd come find me," he said before hastily admitting, "I didn't want to be a bother." The borderlands were where Whip made his home for now. It was hard to switch off this natural distrust that served him well in the wild. He hoped to one day see the Moonspear as home, but he knew it would be a slow go at breaking down those self-imposed barriers. "Well?" he started, cracking a rare smile. "What have I missed?"
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
no worries! Vacation got mine XD oops

Whip could never be a bother, and the friendly greeting was all Gannet needed to bound forward and give his brother an affectionate nudge. Granted Whip didn't move away, that is.

A lot, was what Whip missed. Everything with Screech, his own move, his leg, just... a lot. But Gannet didn't know where to begin, so he had to think a minute on that one.

"Here, or the Caldera?" He finally asked, wondering which Whip meant. The lists were different, and Gannet didn't know much about the latter. "I've been here since Screech..." he trailed off, not sure what Whip knew about that either and definitely not knowing what to say there. He rarely knew what to say anyway.