Cerulean Cape In an upside down world, floating in a pineapple
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
"not all of them." kjalarr is quick to muse in refute to her response. no, kjalarr doesn't believe that everyone's sagas are as sad, and hellish as his own. not to say that there aren't wolves out there that have worse tales to tell ...though it is in kjalarr's own mind, admittedly, hard to top cannibalism and the slaughter of your own offspring ( and the further desire to kill even those that have made it to adulthood ). "they can't all be horror stories." the grin he gives her could be considered charming, possibly, if he didn't look like a beast out of said horror stories himself. "there is the stories of the two bears and how both times i was almost killed, the story of the famine and my turn to cannibalism, how my brother died by the sea and i had to belay the news to my family, the story of how i slaughtered my newborn daughters, the fight to the death for the rank of jarl simply because i wanted it, my imprisonment to a witch." he moves then, ever so slightly, showing the shadowbrand he bears. "take your pick." kjalarr is sure there is more than he missed ...and admittedly, not all the tales he has to tell are necessarily bad but the world has made him a monster and there is no sense in trying to hide it when his outside finally portrays the inside.

he is not like other men because he isn't other men. he is survival-at-all-costs, take-what-he-wants kind of man. there is no moral compass to guide him anymore. it was broken and cast to the sea a very long time ago. perhaps he is truly a northman. regardless, if there'd ever been any doubt, he is definitely and indisputably ragnar's son.

the conversation slides to the seers, a topic that kjalarr is happy to focus upon. "how do they curse you?" perhaps it's none of his business but he finds the fact that she believes herself to be cursed to be interesting ...even if they do not speak of the same gods. "they hardly ever do. their favor is a fickle thing. you could have it one moment and the next they take everything from you." in kjalarr's mind, it's not speaking ill of his gods if it is the truth. he knows well the cruelty of the gods, but he has learned that he will adapt and that, eventually, he will overcome. he bears their curses because he knows he can handle them. "they are cruel but they are gods." kjalarr says simply, as if being a god gives them a right to be merciless. maybe it does but that's more of his opinion than it is anything else.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
RE: In an upside down world, floating in a pineapple - by Kjalarr - August 12, 2018, 05:54 AM