Moonspear days went by when you and i
All Welcome  July 11, 2018, 12:54 AM
Jarilo
Moonspear
Epsilon
It had been a long, hot, muggy day and by late afternoon when his own patrol of south of the forests finished up, he was struck with an urge to track down his littermate. He hadn't crossed paths with her immediately lately, after all. Their timing had just been off, he cited, plus they were both busy with their own sorts of happenings these days that only really overlapped at the heart of their home. If he saw her most times, it was with the rest of their family--not alone, and not for very long. He was usually off to his own things lately, patrolling or hunting or helping corral his little biter siblings; maybe he had just started to miss just @Vela a teeny tiny bit despite them never being exceptionally close. It was something unspoken that he didn't want to see them grow apart from.

The trails were not getting any warmer but he was, and he sluggishly plodded along panting towards a nearby creek to go hunt frogs if all else was going to fail. At least he'd enjoy a nice treat on a humid summer eve when he wasn't going to get his hopes up about his sibling just yet.. not when he didn't look like he was covering much ground in actual useful pursuit anyway.

And at least it was getting late. Soon it would cool down and he wanted to be ready to keep going once it did.

[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
July 17, 2018, 04:04 AM
Vela
Moonspear
Delta
Vela was quite self-centered these last few weeks. She tried to hang out more with Drogon and work on her mercenary skills. She had also dusted out the cave she found with her father. She had not been there in a long time and it remembered her how close she had been, how attached. She was doing much better but she felt she would always stay a daddy's girl.

Since the evening was so hot Vela had been lounging in the stream. She thought a 'spa night' was something she deserved. The speckled female perked up her ears when she heard something. She sat up and then let out a bark as she couldn't see the one that was approaching, just to tell them that she was around as well.
July 26, 2018, 12:01 AM
Jarilo
Moonspear
Epsilon
He went on his way until he met up with the creek, and surprisingly Vela too. His head perked up and his relief was pleasantly doubled--way to accomplish two goals at once, so he grinned to himself as he finished his trot lighter than before, and went up closer to her and the waters. Seemed she had the right idea about it too. "Vela! I was wondering where you were," he panted, finally coming to a halt at the edge of the creek where he could get his front toes just enough in the water. With that much said, he took a long drink. "But yuck I almost thought it was too muggy to look for you for real. How have you been? I know you've been busy and I've been going around too so like," he swung his muzzle in some vague gesture, smattering droplets with it in an oh-so-eloquent way to say they were all growing up and other family and pack things were around to keep him busy.

August 03, 2018, 10:51 AM
Vela
Moonspear
Delta
Vela hummed when her brother appeared. He was one of the better and nicer packmates in her opinion. She was pleased. She hummed at his greeting. "I've been spending time with Drogon and keeping to myself." It was usually what she did, keeping to her own. She had been close with her father when she was younger but now as she grew older and younger generation needed him more she was becoming far more independent. She accepted that. If she wanted more interaction she would look for any member of the pack to entertain her.

"I'm good. Doing what you do. You must have smelled my scent marks?," she questioned. She had been patrolling the borders. "You should lie down as well, it is very refreshing to have the cold water rush over your body," she pointed out to him. Vela kept her blue eyes on her brother. "Jar... Do you ever wonder what it is like in another pack? Or being all on your own? Not that I want to leave but I never really left our packlands," she sighed. "Is it even worth leaving?"
August 10, 2018, 12:11 AM
Jarilo
Moonspear
Epsilon
He "hmm-ed" out loud, not surprised--because he was used to her either being with Dad or now Drogon, apparently.. and of course he knew she was out and manning the borderlands too. Since Jarilo didn't really have a particularly noteworthy opinion on any of that, he just kind of nodded back and definitely took the invitation to settle into the waters more. He stepped further in, and sunk down to lay on his belly. At first, he winced a bit.. until all bits of him got used to the chill of being freshly submerged; it passed swiftly, he got comfortable, and Vela's question was quick distraction.

Why? was his first thought back, but he'd answer and tried not to squint anymore. "I mean yeah sometimes I wonder, and sometime I ask other folk what it's like in their packs--it just sounds a little like here sometimes, but not all the same. None of it I've ever heard has really made me.. I don't know, suuper super interested. Just curious to hear about it.." he said. He was only really speaking on his experience with two Ironsea wolves, plus a few scarce others in passing and through his older sisters. "And on my own would only be good for a little while, I'd think? Right?" He liked to talk too much so would see himself getting lonely. "It would be fun to travel--fly solo, all that cool stuff," not that he was motivated to do so, he liked calling the mountain home too much for that right now. "Although I guess getting out to scout around a bit is kind of like that.. but still having a home and a pack waiting for you when it's all done with," he supposed.

As for what it was worth, he didn't know. He had never aspired to leave so he didn't relate when other wolves talked about dispersing, mostly because he put little effort into thinking about it. "I dunno. Do you wonder about these things? Why though?"

Yesterday, 06:13 AM
Vela
Moonspear
Delta
Vela curiously listened to her brother. It was smart to ask other wolves what it was like in their packs. However, she never really met any other wolves that she was talkative to ask such things. The female had to think about that if she was even willing to open herself up like that. She rather wanted to invest her time in Moonspear members. "Right," she spoke when no other pack sounded as good as Moonspear. Just like she thought.

"Yeah. I guess you are right. Perhaps being a scout would offer such things but having Moonspear to return to," she agreed with him. She wondered if Moonspear needed a scout. Vela didn't know if she was the right type to be a scout, she wasn't that sociable anymore. She wouldn't even know where to start. Perhaps she should ask her father.

She turned her blue gaze at Jarilo. "After Drogon left for a while it made me think why he would want to leave a place like this," she explained. "He said he needed space and being alone. I just don't understand why. I know I am not the most social wolf but I wouldn't be out there alone, all by myself." It would feel unnatural to her.