Jade Fern Grove The fires find a home in me.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
All Welcome 

Kavik had left their group to run a quick patrol around the area before the sun set. As the days passed, he found patrolling to be a good outlet for his anxious energy. With the very seemingly capable Grezig to help him and Liri keep an eye on things, he had felt a little more at ease, but only a little. He still felt the almost constant worry; a worry that was somewhat quelled by the multiple patrols he did every day. 

Today he had ventured into the forested area not far from where they were temporarily staying. He moved silently through the trees as beams of sunlight occasionally broke through the leaves and glinted off the inky black strands of his fur. He soon picked up the scent of water and followed it to a small stream. Slowing his pace, he came to the water's edge and stopped. After a quick scan of the area, he lowered his head to the water and began to drink.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Hello! Sorry this is short and sorry for the delay :)

Kenkou was tired he had been traveling for quite some time, when he picked up the scent of water, he began heading towards it. He knew water would help him get some energy back, and would help after the small meal he had just ate.

As he approached he picked up the scent of another wolf, he paused his last encouter with one had not been well. Stalking slowly he tried to see if he could get some kind of sense or view of where they might be. Then a glimpse a black wolf at the stream, he was drinking the water. Kenkou went to approach slowly but dispite being a great hunter he was still very clumsy, he slipped and fell down the small hill into the stream. 

"Uh, hi," he said.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
No worries :)

Kavik quickly raised his head at the commotion, drops of water dripping from his muzzle as he stared curiously at the stranger who had fallen in the water. 

He said nothing for a few minutes, taking in the male with a considering look. The male seemed rather harmless, especially since he had just kind of embarrassed himself in front of a complete stranger. When he finally spoke it was to reply with, "You okay?" which was paired with a teasing raise of one of his eyebrows. He couldn't say he had ever fallen into a stream, but he had certainly done clumsy things in his life, especially as a young adult unfamiliar with how to control such a large body.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou gave a soft laugh as he rose to his feet. He was the best hunter in his old pack and here he is falling into streams and getting flustered at the sight of a hot male, he growled to himself at being an idiot. 

"Yeah I'm fine, I was also looking for water when I saw you and...well you saw the rest," he bowed his head in greeting. Damn why is he cute. Kenkou was staring back at the wolf amazed by his green eyes. He shook himself from his thoughts, 

"My name is Kenkou, I hope I didn't wander into a pack territory again," he tried his best to not look aggresive but then again he did fall into a stream maybe his clumliness will save him, he hoped.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik offered a polite nod at Kenkou's explanation and following introduction. "I'm Kavik," he replied before dropping his head to the water to drink a little more. When he was done, Kavik met the other wolf's gaze again and added, "This area isn't claimed by any pack." He had made sure of that before he decided to rest there with his group. "I'm here with a few other wolves. Were just passing through on our way to the mountains." Kavik lifted his head to indicate their intended direction. 

"What brings you out here?" he asked curiously. Maybe he needed protection or was looking for a pack.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou smiled at him and shook the water from his fur, hating the feeling of damp fur. 

"I'm just passing though as well," he learned down to drink some water. "Well to be more honest I far from my home, and I'm in search of starting anew," 

Kenkou looked back at the wolf with curious eyes, "is your group on the run from something or are you just relocating, if you don't mind me asking?" 

He figured if they are in  danger he could help, he knew his way on the battlefield and can even help the wounded thanks to his mother's theaching. Maybe this if they let him this could be the start he wanted. It also helped that he was a bigger figure than most wolves he knew. Either way it depened on if they let him help.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik studied the dark male while he spoke. It seemed he needed a new home much like he and his group did. So far, the other wolf didn't seem to have any bad intentions. 

"My mate and I have a small group near here, and we're looking for a new place to start a pack." He wanted to invite the male to join but first wanted to see what he could add to the group. The male appeared capable, but he still needed to ask. "What kind of skills do you have, Kenkou?" Kavik asked with friendly curiosity.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
They were willin gto let him join. Kenkou did his best to hid his excitement.

"In my old pack I was a hunter and protector for my group. My father was the best fighter in our pack and I wantd to follow in his footsteps to keep our pack safe, but then we had a disaggrement,"

Kenkou thought back to when he told his parents he didn't want to be the leader of a pack if he was forced to mate with someone he hated. They fought and it ended with him running away. Now he has a chance to be who he wants to be a protector.

"If you would let me I want to be a protector, I am a skilled fighter and with my hunting expertise I can keep your pack safe," Kenkou bowed to the wolf hoping he would allow him to join.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik nodded at Kenkou as he laid out his skills. More strong able wolves were always a good thing to add to the group. We can always use wolves with hunting skills, and it would be nice to have another pair of eyes to help me keep watch over the group. Of course, it would take a little time before Kavik trusted him completely with the groups safety, but he was definitely willing to give the male a chance to prove himself. 

With his emerald gaze locked on Kenkou, Kavik said You're welcome to join us, Kenkou, if you're interested.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou wagged his tail in joy, 

"Yes I would like to very much," 

He was finally able to join someone he was very excited. A new start was just what he needed. Now he had to earn their trust to show them he was going to give his all to this group and make sure they all get the new start they needed.

"I will follow your lead and do my best as part of your group,"
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Wrap up? We can always start a more recent one on Mount Apikuni if you want.

Kavik nodded at the males words before tuning to head in the direction of the group. Follow me, and I'll introduce you to them, He said, looking back over his shoulder at Kenkou. He seemed capable and eager, and Kavik thought he would fit in well. 

Soon, they would be traveling through rough mountain terrain, and he would need wolves that could help him patrol whatever area they decided to rest in as well as help hunt prey for their tired group.
I'm no good without you
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou follwed the male shortly behind him hoping eager to start his new life. He thought back to when he left his first pack how some glared as he left. He shook himself from his thoughts no more thinking of them now it was time to focus on his new one.