Stavanger Bay the world it softly lulls
22 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
All Welcome 
Set for July 20th. Wilson has some questions! She's a few yards from the border.

Howling laughter woke Wilson from her midday slumber. The sun was high and mighty, beaming down onto the Wilds, but the cool breeze of the ocean offered some solace. For a moment, she wondered if she might be able to go back to sleep and ignore the calls of her peers, but curiousity got the best of her (as per usual).

Approaching the territory, Wilson slowed once she noticed the intimidating cliffs and peaks that lined it. She was apprehensive, but continued on nonetheless, figuring that it couldn't have been that bad inside with all of the fun that they seemed to be having.

It was unlike Wilson to call, but she worried that she would remain unnoticed with all of the commotion. After nosing around the land just outside of the territory, she positioned herself a ways back and gave a soft howl, hoping that she would be heard.
Hiya!
Please take the time to read through this post.
Happy roleplaying!
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
LOL I forgot about the territory description and was severely confused.  Nice!

Generally nowadays the crew stuck to their own devices, though Rosalyn was attempting to draw together a sort of comraderie that she was sure Smokestep had aimed for as well.  Today was easier; a recently deceased seal had washed up in the bay, and the food had offered a space for the entire group to come together and eat their fill.

All in all, it solidified one thing; she needed to learn how to lead hunts.  Oh goodie.

It couldn't all be fun and games, though; Rosalyn had taken a quick break from the revelry to make a cursory check of the strand, and it was lucky she had, for there seemed to be a visitor.

"Oi! You lost or just nosy?" She called out amicably enough, in high spirits with the lucky find. Besides, this wolf hardly looked like a threat.
22 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Finally, some hospitality! Wilson emerged slowly from the shadows with a friendly grin and a furiously beating tail, anxious to meet her guide. A little bit of both, she laughed, now standing in full view. I've been moving down the coast for a few days. Your pack just happened to be on the way. Undersea and Drageda, they'd been nice, but neither had been as attractive as this. I'm Wilson. You don't have to tell me your name.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"Oh well, that's a relief," she responded, highly amused by the comment.  "Can't be givin my name to every random stranger that runs by.  Some might think less of me."  This wolf was definitely an odd creature but hey, odd meant interesting.  Maybe not worth chasing off just yet.

"On the way, eh? To anyplace in particular?"  She asked it casually, wondering if she'd get an answer or if this 'Wilson' would get flighty and decline to share.
22 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Quite confident that she was safe, Wilson took the liberty of sitting across from the strange rougette. With a flashy grin and a slight puff of her chest, the young girl began her routine tangent; I'm not really on my way anywhere. I think that limiting yourself to one destination when there is an entire world to be explored is selfish and counterproductive. As of right now, this is the only stop that I'm sure I'll make.

Realizing that her confident nature might not have been as well recieved as she hoped, Wilson allowed herself to fold in a bit while she continued to intrude. What's this place called? It's really nice, I think.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
That little speech definitely brought a laugh to Rosalyn, who was definitely a wanderer, but wasn't sure if she'd go that far.  "Must think yourself quite a gift if you think keepin to one place is selfish," she said with a look that clearly said she personally had her doubts.  

"It's Ironsea.  Best spot of land this side of the coast, and I don't think, I know.  I've explored the others."  She flicked her tail, satisfied, and then turned a slightly more wary eye, unconsciously shifting to stand a little straighter.  "But don't be thinkin your welcome to it, we don't do open borders."
22 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Confused, Wilson jumped to her own defense, No, that's not it. I think that the world is the gift and I'd be selfish to not accept it. It made her think for a moment if this was the energy that she gave off; did every wolf think that she was that conceited? If so, it was surely something that she would have to work on.

Anyway, the conversation was moving forward and Wilson figured that she ought to as well. I'm not really looking to join, she laughed, I just like to learn. While she disagreed with the notion that Ironsea was the best pack on the coast, she decided that it wasn't important enough to admit. Why don't you do open borders? How do you keep your numbers up if no one can join?
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
What kinda a question was that?!  Rosalyn was genuinely baffled, and didn't care enough to keep it from showing.  "Course we're open to joiners, if we think they're worth takin!  But can't let just anyone saunter through our beach, else they might take what we need.  You aren't lookin to join, so you don't get to intrude."  She gave her a long look.  "What kinda a pack are you from?"  She'd never heard of open borders in all her days of wandering, and it intrigued her that this wolf seemed to find them the norm.

She didn't acknowledge the former point and clarification, though it did light a small flame of rememberance in her.  At one time she'd felt much the same, though that time had passed as the world showed itself and she found it was the wolves, not the world, that made her happy.