Dawnlark Plains please tell me more about your doubt
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 

backdated just a day or so!
midday found Dawn in the part of the territory bordering the Herbalist's Cache, seeking respite from the heat in the relative shade it offered. tongue lolled as she reclined back on her haunches, panting, considering another trip north. as far as she knew, @Sunny didn't have the same intolerance to heat' he'd surely gotten the lucky bits of their genetics there. 

she began pulling her fangs through the thick fur of her chest, tugging more forcefully than necessary as if she could somehow thin out her coat. her mind wandered, blissfully, never settling on any one thing for too long lest her trail of thoughts lead back to a landmine.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny currently searched for a cooler spot to lay down, even though he wasn't cursed with a massively thick pelt he was a big and heavy set muscular dude and the heat still got to him. His tongue hung from his mouth as he headed toward the cache where he knew there was at least some shade to rest in. As he approached he caught  Dawn's scent and quickened his pace, coming up on her while she groomed herself. 

A low whuff of greeting was given and he came in closer, wagging his tail slowly. He pulled his tongue back inside his mouth and sat next to her "Want some help Dawn? I can probably get your back?" he offered with a smile that was slowly returning to it's old brightness.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

footfalls jolted her out of her revery, gaze settling on her brother's own as he made his offer. the parts of her neck and back she could not reach were wild, mats starting to form in the very center of them. she stretched her neck out to touch his shoulder in simple greeting, accepting his offer with a few grateful words. 

not a beat had passed before she spoke again, wanting someone to confide in (at least partly), someone to share simple words with. Aviana had her pup, leaving her with no one to truly speak with until now. "I went north, yesterday - we have allies in Bracken." even the simple, barest parts of what she'd done and who she'd seen took a weight off her chest as she shared the information with the only willing and able recipient, gaze shifting to his.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He touched his nose to the side of her neck, tail swaying slowly back and forth behind him before he settled down on his haunches beside her and began to use his teeth to gently loosen and tug out the mats on the back of her neck. His ears perked up as she said they had an ally, Bracken sanctuary. He paused and pulled away, eyes brightening yet there seemed to be something off about the way she gave the news. She didn't look entirely happy about it "That's a good thing right?" he asked holding her gaze for a moment more curiously before returning to freeing her fur of mats.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

he seemed wary; perhaps he'd picked up on the way she seemed to be holding something back. she knew she would never share their messy little secret, she owed alarian that much after the shame and betrayal he'd felt when aditya had slung those barbs at her. "it is." she answered, contently. 

shifting slightly, but not as too bother her brother, she continued.  "there seems to be another group settling on the glacier. we'll have to see where it leads - they don't seem to pose a threat, though." 
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny had no reason not to believe her when she said it was good, especially since he had no clue what happened with Dawn and Alarian and Aditya. So he was content to just nod and focus on chomping hard at a particularly stubborn matt right in the thick fur of her scruff. Biting it in quick nips to loosen he mutterer a quick apology before tugging it away real quick, like ripping a bandaid off. 

At the news of a nearby pack he paused and lookef up at her. "I hope not...We Can't fight them off." he said. He wasn't trying to seem like he lacked faith in their small group, but the truth wad they couldn't eat well right now and as such were weakened and they had so few actual adults free to hunt and leave the pack that if they were attacked it would be bad. He was being brutally honest. He had some news of his own to share "I went to visit Aunt Seelie. She had babies Dawn, four of em. She...she named one after Dad. She named him Grayling" he said with a sad but warm smile.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

she was silent until her brother shared the news from Undersea; she ought to have expected him to go there. "grayling." the word was soft in her maw, tender, the only outward sign of the bittersweetness the news elicited. she was glad for her aunt, yet all the same, she could not ignore the whispered, angry voices that reminded her of the death of that fledgingly longing for the same with Adi. her fault, all of it, and her auds flickered back as she teetered on the fine line between sadness and joy.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He tugged the final mat free from her fur and then set to licking the fur into order. When finished he pulled back and took in her expression. He had expected a similar reaction to his own, that weird happy- sad mix that he had no name for, but hers held such sadness and mixed emotion he wondered what was going on inside her head. It was something that always made him nervous about Dawn, she always seemed so good at reigning in her emotions he couldn't even begin to guess at what her thoughts were. For once he didn't care though, he just wanted to make sure she knew he was here. 

Leaning in he rest his chin across the back of her neck. "You have a lot on your shoulders D. I want to help you carry the weight. Please....if you need anything I am here. I don't mind the extra work." he spoke softly his voice low with concern and love, using a nickname he hadn't spoken since they were very small. Even though they'd never had a very steady relationship she was his sister and he loved her unconditionally. "Even if you just want to talk or want to sit in silence with company. If you need someone to vent to or let your anger out on. I'm your brother, I'll do whatever I can to help you" he said and licked her fur before pulling away again.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she smiled softly at her brother's display, ears flickering towards him as he paused in his grooming. she sighed softly, knowing that she could not unload her sin on her brother, it was hers to carry alone, hers to keep. she could not risk revealing what aditya had done, not when she'd seen the pure hurt on alarian's face. 

"focus on the pack; not me. I'm worried for the pups and mothers, and we hunt but do not eat. when we're over this, then -" gaze moved to the corner of her eye to catch a glimpse of his muzzle. "keeping me company is enough already." she didn't bother to explain that she wasn't angry, couldn't be. but what she said was true enough; it was lonely at the top, especially without Aditya.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He was mildly disappointed when Dawn told him to care for the pack instead but he put up no argument. They were all in a real tight spot at the moment, with two newborn litters to care for and a lot more adult mouths then they could honestly handle to feed. It was also true that he hunted and brought back food, but never ate anything himself. It had been a good few days he'd been without a meal now. He wondered if she meant in general or if she had noticed that he hadn't eaten and wasn't doing so herself either. "Perhaps when the pups are a bit older, if this shortage of food doesn't go away we should relocate?" he hated the words as soon as they left his mouth, ears flattening and a shaky sigh being pushed from his nostrils. "We can always come back, I'd want to come back, but it would be better then seperating or dying because of starvation right?" he wasn't completely sure if his thinking was correct but he honestly thought it was.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she dipped her head in agreement. "Aditya and I considered the Maplewood - there's little reason for us to stay in the plains." anymore. she rises, butting against her brother almost playfully. suddenly, she doesn't want to talk anymore, and the hunt tempts always. with an attempt to incite him to join her, she playfully trots westward, intent on finding something for the pair to add to the caches.