Wapun Meadow Pale wanderer
38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Here, have an essay. I'm sorry, lmao. I'm really getting into writing Fisher. It's mostly just her inner conflict.

Pesi tilted his head as he observed the man, probably as surprised as she was to see another white wolf in these southern lands. He let out a gutteral croak, then said Hello! as he'd been trained to.

Yes, She answered simply, eyes softening when they landed on Pesi again. The behemoth spoke again, even gentler now, regaining her attention. She found herself agreeing with his statement. So it seems. The response was vague and uninformative. Some wolves would have gone into detail about where they were going or what happened to bring them to where they stood now, but she was not one of those wolves. Not yet, at least.

Then, the wind shifted in her direction, tousling her fur and allowing her to catch the man's scent for the first time. Buried within his pelt were the scents of other wolves―his pack, she was sure. It could be assumed he had one by how he acted, but she couldn't have been sure from his prior wording. A pang of jealousy came over her for a heartbeat with loneliness at the core. Fisher felt the sadness build up behind her eyes, but she refused to let it spill over.

Should she... ask him if he would accept her into his pack? The thought of doing so―of admitting to herself how lonely and lost she truly was―terrified her. But if not this pack, then what other? She felt so... detached from southerners, and the language barrier didn't help. Fisher had never wanted to come here, never wanted to have to come here. At least if she tried to join this male's pack, maybe she'd feel like she belonged somewhere again. Maybe she'd find her purpose with them.

You have a pack, The small snowfield started. It was a statement―an observation, as opposed to question. She swallowed uncomfortably, choosing her words carefully before continuing. I have become separated from mine, but I think finding my purpose involves becoming part of another. If you're willing to accept outsiders... I would like to join. And there it was. Fisher already felt vulnerable with what little she had said, but she couldn't take the words back now. For acceptance or denial, she waited.
Inuttut | English
Messages In This Thread
Pale wanderer - by Aqakuktuq - July 13, 2018, 04:04 PM
RE: Pale wanderer - by Siarut - July 13, 2018, 04:20 PM
RE: Pale wanderer - by Aqakuktuq - July 13, 2018, 04:46 PM
RE: Pale wanderer - by Siarut - July 13, 2018, 05:03 PM
RE: Pale wanderer - by Aqakuktuq - July 13, 2018, 05:54 PM
RE: Pale wanderer - by Siarut - July 13, 2018, 06:12 PM
RE: Pale wanderer - by Aqakuktuq - July 13, 2018, 08:07 PM
RE: Pale wanderer - by Siarut - July 13, 2018, 08:25 PM
RE: Pale wanderer - by Aqakuktuq - July 13, 2018, 11:14 PM
RE: Pale wanderer - by Siarut - July 14, 2018, 12:27 AM