Duskfire Glacier we counted every black car
the fever becomes my home.
65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
Private 
He hadn't been the most sociable partner but it was his naturally stoic nature that was to blame for that. Granted he didn't exactly know how long they were going to be here so...perhaps he ought to cave in and become social.

His head was held low as he trailed after the freshest marker of her scent that he could find. His lean form weaved through the lands as he aimed to find her current location. While he was doing this he was trying to channel his inner friendly personality which was...rather hard for him.
100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Mirabelle had not been actively seeking Aleks out; it was the wilds around the glacier that had interested her.  She had found a gaggle of wild chickens and somehow earned their trust through a careful kulning song and her gentle demeanor, and carried back with her an egg.  She intended on refrigerating it in the glacier (carrying them back one by one would be... inconvenient, but she figured they would be nice treats for the puppies when they arrived).  

As she breached the edge of the glacier she ran across her companion, finally!  And with an egg in her mouth she could do nothing more than wag her tail at him.  She took a moment to deposit it in the ice, then called out a mild, Hello.

65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
While he was kind of happy to finally spot her he was not so thrilled about the egg that was between her jaw. Burnt orange eyes watched keenly as she deposited it into the ice. Surely to keep it nice so it wouldn't go rotten. But why?

His focused shifted from the egg as she finally managed to talk. Hello. He murmured back in a deep but gentle voice. I figured I 'ought to finally meet you. Properly. A small smile trying to fit on his stoic face. And just so there's no misunderstandings, I promise I haven't been avoiding you. They simply had kept themselves busy with their own tasks.
100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Her tail swayed behind her, inktipped ears swiveled atop her crown as she turned to face him fully.  Oh, yes, that's probably good now, isn't it?  She laughed, then turned again to swipe some snow over the egg.  You might scare off my chickens, but what do you say you come along with me and help me get some more of these for when the babies arrive?  Or some other toys?

She smiled fully, dipped her head.  No trouble.  I haven't exactly been easy to find.

65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
It would be an honor. Perhaps I can find some fallen feathers and leave the eggs to you. His own children had always been rather eager to pick up crow feathers and wave them about like banners. Perhaps the children that were coming would enjoy that too? Or at least it would give them options once they ran out of eggs.

Nothing wrong with that. He spoke with the beginning of a smile (that would never fully come around) at her comment. Truthfully, Aleks enjoyed those who didn't need to be seen or heard all the time. The name is Aleks.
100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Feathers!  Now that was a good idea.  They were both soft and reflective, and she was sure they would be able to hold the children's attention.  Aleks, she decided then, was a good man to have around.  That sounds perfect.

She cast him a glance.  I have been known to disappear entirely, she warns him with a mischevious grin, watch out.  I am Mirabelle.