The Sunspire More....socialization?
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Private 

Her spirits were soaring! Howl liked her still and she was a sort of helpful pack member and Rannoch had let her see his babies! However, that moment had made her realise that she hadn't checked up on Seabreeze since saving her life from Calcium deficiency. When she had been called to the birth she had done what her mother would have and just immediately integrated herself into the process. On top of that she had never been a mother or really experienced kids so she had no idea the instincts or desires a birthing mommy would have and so she'd stepped over some massive lines. So when she had immediately been chased off it kinda wounded her pride and made her scared to approach either mothers again.

Now though she was growing weary of skirting around the dens to avoid them. So she went off and hunted, got lucky and snagged a groundhog as it was coming out of a hole. She carried the prey with a determined gait, eyes almost fierce with the mindset of "I'm gonna visit you and talk to you and try to make you like me" up until she stood in front of the den. Then her tail dropped and so did the groundhog and she honestly considered running away.
~Always down for Healing threads~

medic specialty: 4/10
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

sunlight pooled in from above, coating her sandy pelt in the afternoon rays.  as usual she was sunbathing in the realm between being asleep and awake, though at the sound of footfalls one lid split to reveal a shocking seafoam eye.  

she recognized the woman, of course, as the one who had come in late to her birth and although she harbored no ill will for the alabaster girl it was difficult to regard her with the same warmness that she gave to her family.

she stretched her legs, toes splayed, before she stood.  already the baby weight was gone, and seabreeze was left too-small and windswept before the other girl.  good afternoon, she greets her, stifling a yawn, how kind of you.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth stood there still awkward as hell when Seabreeze greeted her and nodded, nudging the groundhog closer to the mother "It's no problem!" she said in as warm as a tone as she could though her nervousness was evident. She didn't know what to say, should she apologise for how she acted? Did she even do anything really wrong?  "So um...I noticed that the last time we met was sort of when I was asked to leave y'all alone during your birthing. I...I don't know what I did wrong but I guess stuff may be different here then at home. I learned everything from my momma, the pack always was a sort of close knit thing and she was always the sort of jump right in and help everyone through type healer." she explained with a ducked head, her worda rushed as if she was afraid of not being able to get them all out. "I had never really done that before either and I'm not a mom yet so... I didn't understand the process too well. I'm sorry if I offended or scared you in any way.." she said softly.

558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

this woman was older than she was and by all rights she should have known better, but perhaps she'd never been instructed by an experienced midwife other than her mother... and perhaps if they were all family there, it would have been more acceptable to have done what she had.

thank you for your apology, she says with a dip of her head.  it was a very emotional moment.  these kids have been quite a hassle straight from conception.  i was not harsh with you, hyacinth.  i appreciate what you were trying to do... but a mother should always be the first allowed to hold her children.

her tone was not demeaning or degrading, but she hoped it got to the point without being offensive.  i am willing to put it behind us.

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth was surprised when Seabreeze gave a very accepting and calm response, her tone much like how her mother used to use when tryng to teach her a lesson. She smiled faintly and dipped her head, tail giving the slightest twitch behind her. "I realise that now. I'll make sure I remember that." she said. "How is your illness? Are you doing alright?" she asked.

558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

She smiles kindly, and pulls Ibis and Okeanos a bit closer to give Hyacinth a silent invitation to come and make herself at home.  Better, she chirps, casting a look back towards one of Olive's brood who is sleeping behind her.  With Olive nursing them, I've bounced back quickly.  She smiles again.  She owed so much to the druid, and yet Olive did not see it that way.  How are you?

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth accepted the invitation with a smile and approached, whispering a soft voiced greeting to Ibis and Okeanos. She also cast a glance over Seabreeze toward Olive's sleeping children. She had noticed the bond between the two women and how they slept together, ate together and raised their children together. It was beautiful to Hyacinth, the strength she saw in their friendship. "You are lucky to have her. I'm really glad you're doing better" she said earnestly. She batted an odd shaped pebble in the direction of the pups, attempting to engage them in a game. She looked back up when Seabreeze asked how she was and almost blurted out that she was okay before she faltered and gave a weary sigh. "Honestly I don't know. Bodily I am okay, but inside? I'm struggling. I have no idea if I can be the healer my mother wanted me to be" she admitted.

558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

SB had all the necessary threads to be a master counselor then, too, so we're just gonna pretend...

She nods her head again, happy to see Hyacinth is at least comfortable enough with her to enter the den and, to her delight, play with the pups.  The pebble gently bounces off of Sam's roly poly tummy and it is not enough to wake him up, but @Eleuthera seems up to play.  She bounces the pebble back at Hyacinth as she begins her rant.

Seabreeze sits in silent comraderie with the woman for a moment before she lifts her gaze to the sky.  You know, You have much potential.  You were right, clinically, in all of the information you told me.  Under your care, shall nobody perish.  She turns her gaze back to the girl and offers a small, tentative smile.  But your bedside manner could use some work.  I think... you are learning.  Aren't we always?  This trade is difficult, Hyacinth.  But you are destined to do well.  You have capable paws.

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She gave a small coo as Olive's daughter swats the pebble back at her, the stone bouncing off her paw. She smiles and more gently this time, so as not to hit the sleeping boy again (she'd cringed a bit at that) rolls it back toward the girl. As Seabreeze begins to speak she focuses back in, her usual look of surprise forming at the positive things being said. Maybe it was something Preston had done to her, but she never genuinely thought she was much of anything and never expected any praise from others nor wanted it. She snorted, the sound pretty unladylike and further proving that her bedside manner needed some work, but she gave Seabreeze a warm smile. "My manner...that's always been rough around the edges. I love socializing, helping others but...I kind of realise I just never quite fit in. I'm awkward. I stick out like a thorn in the side of others it seems at times."

she felt safe in admitting this to Seabreeze, something about the woman made Hyacinth feel like she could speak and be unafraid of judgement. "I have always wanted to improve and do my best though, so I'll work on it. Maybe all I need is to stop hiding away from others. Go to them instead of having them come to me" she said and flicked an ear as the sleeping child made a noise, praying she didn't wake him up.

558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

She takes the time to listen, mind and heart now opened to the girl she had so easily judged.  Whether she had been right or wrong did not matter here; this other woman was obviously hurting. She chuckled slightly at the snort, and turned her eyes up to the other woman.

You reached out to me.  That is a step in the right direction, she offers supportively, crossing one slim foreleg over the other.  We are always improving, Hyacinth.  It seems to me as if you have already grown from this.  The willingness to accept that one was wrong was a difficult trait to find, it seemed...

I will be here for you.  If you ever need me to be.  I'm here.