Dawnlark Plains couldn't get no silver, couldn't get no gold
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny leaned into his Uncle's affectionate touch, his eyes closing for a moment. It almost felt similar to how his dad would greet him. Instead of hurting, that thought brought him a small bit of peace. He looked down at the fish and smiled, proud that it had been noticed "Thanks, a really nice woman taught me how to fish properly" he said. The conversation quickly moved toward a serious subject and Sunny couldn't help but look stunned.

"M...My forgiveness?" he repeated slowly, blinking once before shaking his head and letting out a long sigh. "I wanted to apologise for the same thing. Dad...he was the closest one to me but I lost it, it just...overwhelmed me and I went off. I acted like a kid and hurt Dawn and was sent off. I should have tried to help everyone, I should have been there for you Uncle Shale.

Sunny paused for a moment, looking at him with guilt. He lowered his haunches to the ground and took a breath. "He was your brother, you grew up with him. That's ...that's even more special than me being his son in a way. I should have comforted you." he didn't feel like Shale should apologise because in his eyes Shale didn't do anything wrong. They both had lost their heads after dad died, maybe unhealthy coping was a family thing too.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Messages In This Thread
RE: couldn't get no silver, couldn't get no gold - by Sunny - August 02, 2018, 07:23 PM