Fox's Glade ...when you give people a chance to be themselves.
146 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Tupilaq finds it strangely freeing to decide not to care.

She remains a silent helper, dropping off prey where the others can find it and dissapearing as often as she can to patrol. Still, deciding to no longer care about the opinions of the Ateneq sisters (or the ones she's met) lifts a weight off her shoulders. If later Takiyok should decide she's not a threat and Shivali should look at her as an actual person, then Uki might come around. For now the savage girl keeps to herself, seemingly at peace with her lot in life. 

It's evening when she leaves the family behind, not noticing if she is seen as she goes. Tapeesa wanders into the woods beyond where they've taken up camp, the sharp cries of birdsong a riotous melody in her pricked ears. They've taken a break but Uki has yet to seek the quiet peace of her god, 

The tundrian follows a harsh trilling noise into the center of the forest, circling the wide trunk of an elderly oak with slow rotations as she searched for the noise - head turned comically skyward. Finally her eyes land on the small form of a black and red bird high above, seemingly drilling a hole in the trunk with its long, sharp beak.

Tapeesa sits on her haunches, content to watch the bird in contemplative silence for a moment. As she watches it drilling into the tree, a genuine smile crossed her scarred lips.
"And you're tired of not being strong."
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Shivali was watching the children, which gave Tahani the chance to steal into the forest for some time alone, gathering herbs. she worked diligently and silently, gently ripping clumps of greenery from the earth, placing them in a nearby pile and keeping a wary eye out, in case any birds or other creatures decided to abscond with her plants. so focused was she on this task that she almost ran headlong into the pale woman, heart thudding in her chest.

it was she who seemed close to Siarut, and Tahani gave her a slightly shaky nod, collecting herself. "hello," she greeted softly, tail moving gently behind her. "i'm sorry; we have not met properly, yet. i'm Tahani, Siarut's sister." she wasn't even sure if the woman understood the northern tongue, but it was worth a shot. if she received confusion in return, she could always switch to the common language, though her words were halting.
Common · Inuttut
146 Posts
Ooc —
The timid woman visibly startles at the sudden approach of the pale girl - one of nanuk's sisters a glance reveals. She's had issues in the past with both Shivali and Takiyok - problems that led her to seek the privacy of the forest. However, the tundrian had yet to meet the seemingly quieter, sweeter Tahani and found that her presence was not entirely unwelcome. 

Once Tupilaq settles, a soft wag is seen at her hocks - her feathery tail waving at her flanks is the only outward sign of her approval of Tahani's presence. Typically, the mute girl keeps her voice hidden away but there's a softer nature to nanuk's sister; her defenses fall almost naturally.

"Hello," she greets softly, only having knowledge of the northern tongue. "I'm Uki, Siarut's...friend," she finishes somewhat lamely, the look on her fine features stating that she doesn't quite understand what they are. The tundrian's unsure if nanuk's attraction to her is even more than skin deep.
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
"you're of the north," Tahani blurted, a big smile growing over her muzzle. "well, I like you already," she said with laughter in her voice, touching her muzzle gently to the pale shoulder, if Uki would allow it. her eyes strayed up the tree, to where the bird hammered away. blinking, her mouth firmed in discontent, watching the creature.

"so noisy," she said, irritation subtle but present in her tone. "he has been drilling away all day, from dawn to dusk. you would think he would tire of such a boring task," Tahani remarked, bringing her gaze down and toward Uki once more. she let herself smile again, a glow in her heart to find herself in the presence of a northerner apart from those in her family.

"have you been in the south long?" the healer asked. "or did you find yourself suddenly here, like me?"
Common · Inuttut
146 Posts
Ooc —
She's yet to receive such a warm welcome from any member of their group but she finds her head dipping with gratitude as Tahani brushes her shoulder. "Thank you," she murmurs sincerely, for the first time not feeling so out of place amongst Siarut's family.

"Perhaps it serves him some purpose. It must to put so much effort into it," she muses aloud, casting moonlit eyes upon the bird again as she shrugged. Tapeesa was often so weary that she slept too heavily to be disturbed by mere birds.

"I seemed to just arrive here, it was lucky that Siarut found me. These southerners are not my people; I don't understand them," Uki frowned for she had little tolerance for the common tongue or the customs she'd encountered in these strange lands.

167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
so so sorry for the wait on our threads!

she gave no answer to what the bird could possibly be doing, only a shrug. she didn't care too much for birds, except the pretty ones. and even those were undeniably noisy. she focused on Uki's story instead, nodding along. it seemed that Siarut had a talent for finding northerners here, and bringing them into the fold. she was grateful for it--it made her feel more at home.

"i'm glad you're here," Tahani responded, saying as much out loud. "i feel like i've been dropped in a different universe. i am glad that we are making a home for ourselves, at the glacier." her pulse quickened at the thought; she could scarcely sleep, these days, due to excitement for the days to come. she would set up a den, stock it full of herbs. find a nice big space for Shivali and the children.

play on the ice with Curri, dance with Taki--oh! oh, it would be heaven on earth, and she couldn't wait.
Common · Inuttut
146 Posts
Ooc —
Her eyes lifted to study Tahani's face - warily searching for some ruse or lie hidden in her features. She finds it hard to believe one of Siarut's sisters actually wants her around, and if she weren't so skilled at hiding it - it would show on Uki's face. 

"It'll be fun," she answers softly, not wanting to spoil the healer's mood. She's unsure if she truly believes that herself but she tries to sound excited if only for Tahani's sake.
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
there seemed to be some reluctance on Uki's part, though she didn't want to pry. no one ever knew what went on inside the mind of another, not completely. and Tahani didn't want to stir up something that Uki would rather bury. she settled for a sympathetic smile, eyes warm. she knew it was difficult to be among unfamiliar wolves, even if they shared a culture with you. she had felt much the same about Kove.

"do you want to help me collect herbs?" she offered. "i could use an extra helper; it helps to have plenty on hand in case of emergency." Tahani wouldn't blame her if she rejected the olive branch; it was for both of their benefit, but if Uki would rather be left alone, she would understand. she'd just rope someone else into helping her--she thought of this plan, and stifled an impish grin.
Common · Inuttut
146 Posts
Ooc —
Her suspicions proved unfounded - or appeared to - when Tahani offered no insult or threat - veiled or no. The tundrian perked curiously, ragged ears raising a fraction. She had hoped to find friendship or family in nanuk's but as of yet she's been met with nothing of the sort. When the chance to possibly befriend any member of the group presents itself, Tapeesa practically jumps on the offer.

She stands, her feathery tail swaying gently with excitement. "I would love to," She chimes eagerly, dipping her head as if to say lead the way.