Jade Fern Grove No one can unring this bell
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
All Welcome 
@Nanook introduction (especially to the sisters and the pups) @Shivali, @Tahani, @Takiyok, @Sos, @Tunerk, @Aningan all IkKanatuk is welcome though

It didn't take long for the pair to return, Siarut stole glances over his should to be sure she was following. He was excited and yet worried at the same time, his sisters could be intimidating, he had  a feeling Nanook would fit in well, but he could never understand the women's ways. They often seemed to confusing to understand, he could only hope his family wouldn't be to harsh on the lady. 

As they arrived, Siarut took note of who was keeping watch and who was around. Approaching the den that Tahani and Shivali had claimed for the pups, he let out a gentle chuff as the pups might be sleeping. Especially after all the comotion with Currituk earlier in the day.  He realized that this could be quite a shock for Shivali, and he waited with bated breath, and offered Nanook a slight smile.
dated for the 18th
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Shivali struggled to find rest after the incident and with their newer wolves around them and the pests they’ve collected along the way. With an extra hand in the den, Tahani opposite of the puppies, she finds a little comfort. It isn’t enough to allow her to sleep but she doesn’t have to stir every few seconds and found four little heads between them.

The chuff draws her attention and she flickers an ear, pulling from the dull state of mind, and shaking her head. Her nose flares for the overwhelming scent of a stranger and she knows her brother didn’t just bring someone to her temporary doorstep. Ears press back against her head and her fur bristles, untangling herself from the sleeping children and out into the open. Siarut isn’t enough to overwhelm her senses as her dark gaze turns immediately to the unfamiliar female with lips peeled back and standing beside her foolish brother isn’t enough to ease her mind.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
146 Posts
Ooc —
throwing her in because nanuk bro you're wildin 
(one post cameo, feel free to skip after this)
Tupilaq blinks open a curious metallic eye, her light sleep disturbed by the sounds of two sets of footsteps. Even as she watches the lovely, dark woman trail behind nanuk she's undisturbed. Siarut often brings back recruits, not unlike herself or the fisher woman with her bird. 

She's undisturbed until she see them moving towards the den where the children sleep.

Instinctively, tapeesa lurches to her feet. If she had caught nanuk's eye she might have shaken her head, even a small amount to warn him. She could only assume he had his reasons for bringing a stranger to the den where his sisters and their children slept, unless of course he's simply lost his wits. Even they, the not so new members who took turns feeding the puppies were not yet allowed near and tapeesa could not imagine why Siarut thought Shivali should allow a complete stranger near.

Angakkuq witholds a grimace as Shivali appears, obviously angered by an unknown wolf right outside the walls that house her young ones - as any mother would be. Tupilaq lowers, out of sight and for all the world deaf to the argument that's about to take place.
"And you're tired of not being strong."
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki hadn't been sleeping in the den but had been keeping watch close by. Her sister's growl hit her ears and fear shot through her. She jumped up and sprinted to the den opening to see Sia and an unfamiliar female. 

A snarl escaped her lips as she came to stand beside Shiv. She didn't like that there was a stranger near the pups. Her orange gaze fixed on the new female, her lips still curling to show her teeth. Slowly, she took one step in front of her sister and released a low warning growl. "What the fuck is going on here," Taki managed to get out; the words were rough, as she had been unable to stop growling to speak.

Sorry, Uki! I fixed it!
Inuttuk
Common

you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The heart of the woods ran deep with the scent of many, many wolves, and she picked them out as the multitude that Siarut's own scent swam with. She had no faces to connect them with yet. Those would come in time - and only if his sisters accepted her as of noble enough blood to be a part of them. But how would they receive her, when they knew of her connection with Kove? Nanook didn't know what her father had done to make them run from him, but the covertness of the operation out-ruled the reason as anything good.

With these thoughts as heavy as the summer air, the familiar sting of pessimism darkened her like the draping shadows of the leafy canopy. What could go wrong, would go wrong, she knew - but Nanook tried to pull her thoughts toward ones more optimistic. Maybe things would be fine. She couldn't say how the pack would receive her, but she wasn't her father. His eyes might forever be reflected through hers, and his blood might forever mingle, but how she lived her life was her choice to make. The best she could do was offer the honesty of the wolf she chose to be, and when Siarut paused and chuffed for his sister's presence, she tried to ease in the turn of his smile. He might have been an Ice Bear, but there was a warmth to his gaze that made her believe that for a moment, whatever his sisters might think, everything might actually be alright.

But the reassurance broke with the sudden pulse of a snarl, and the hulk of an icy female lifting from the ground. She dwarfed the Apaata with a glacial shadow, and by the washing sweetness of warmth and milk, Nanook's eyes widened, for she understood.

Siarut had led her to the very den itself - a place she shouldn't have been.

She didn't even wonder why he had thought the idea a good one; she didn’t have time. Her mind rushed to the only thing that mattered now: keeping herself in one piece. Staying alive. Nanook hit the ground and scuttled back, exposing her throat to make clear her submission and regret. The voice of another boomed a question, but she found her voice too distant to recover. She had never been skilled with diffusing tension; she had always been a runner, and yet she held herself now. She forced herself to, because Nanook wanted this. She had made a mistake - an accidental one, for the den had been so hidden, and her trust in Siarut’s guidance an inkling too strong. But she had made a mistake none the less, and in the sight of this mother, she was a threat.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut realized his mistake as soon as his sister made her displeasure known, everything happened to quickly for him to respond properly. He had missed Uki's warning, although he couldn't blame her he hadn't been looking for one. Shivali's displeasure was warranted, and he understood, but Takiyok's riled him. He commended Nanook's quick reflexes as he took a step closer to his sisters, blocking their newest packmate from view. He forced his own growl forward, snapping at Takiyok and her foul tongue in a way he had never done before. Had his sister's lost their trust in him, did they honestly believe he would lead a snake into their den. 

"Who do you think I am?" He too was now emotional, an ache settled in his stomach, hurt by their reaction. "Have I ever done something to risk your lives? Would I so willingly lead a threat to my sisters and their young? Get a hold of yourselves and allow me to explain." Siarut looked back over his shoulder at the woman he had led here without thought. He had trusted her, and he trusted in the fact that it was HER siblings who slept inside who she had no desire to hurt. The ice bear had forgotten his sisters lacked the knowledge he had found. "I am sorry Nanook. This was my mistake." He gave a pointed look back at Shivali and Takiyok, pleading with them to hear him out. He remained infront of the woman while his family calmed.
AGAIN IM SORRY JACLYN! I should have asked for Nanook to post first!!!!! :P my mistake!
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Tahani had been rattled since the incident with the girl--however innocuous she turned out to be--and kept a close eye on Currituck, too upset to even sleep. now, as the unfamiliar shadow fell across the mouth of their den, she stayed with the pups as Shivali rose to confront it, her own lips peeling back in a snarl.

her ears swiveled back and forth as the Ateneq siblings exchanged words, the grayscale stranger remaining quietly by Siarut's side. finally, she spoke from the shadows, her pale form barely visible in the dim light of the den. "who is this, Siarut?" she asked, gruff but calmer, after his explanation. she knew he wouldn't deliberately put them in harm's way, but questions must be answered. Nanook, he called her. a northern name, but gods knew she did not look northern in the slightest, though Tunerk had proven that coat color did not necessarily disqualify one from the lineage.
Common · Inuttut
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Shivali doesn’t notice Uki in the distance and she barely notices Takiyok when she steps in beside her. She doesn’t know where to stare, angry at Siarut for what he’s done and a need to keep an eye on whoever the hell he brought to her doorstep. The only thing that saves her is her reaction, seemingly aware something wrong has happened and submitting to the threat. Maybe if she wasn’t already on the defense after earlier happenings, she might have time to think this was an accident, but road weary and tired has left little room for logical emotions.

“Who do you think you are?” she spits back, ears flickering when she hears Tahani’s voice a beat later, but her gaze is hard on her brother. “I would think you’d know better than to lead a stranger to my children,” she tells him, glancing over to her younger sister as if to find out if she’d been part of this too but her obliviousness gives her answer enough.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki remained planted and snarling even as the stranger took a position of submission. Before she could really process the female's reaction, Sia snapped at her. At Taki. Affronted, she whipped her head back and glared at her brother. "Don't snap at me. I'm just trying to keep our family safe," Taki said with acid in her voice. She wouldn't normally talk back to Sia, but she wasn't going to just accept a reprimand for something that wasn't her fault. She didn't know this wolf at all. She just heard the sounds of distress and discovered a stranger near the pups. Taki had the feeling that if she had brought some random stranger this close to their nieces and nephews, Sia would have reacted just as she had.  

Still staring daggers at her brother, she heard Tahani's question from behind them followed by Shivali's question and following accusation. Taki agreed with Shiv; why the hell would Sia think it was okay to bring strange wolf near the pups? More importantly, why was he acting like they didn't have a right to be mad about it? As she waited for her brother to explain himself, she remained in her spot next to her older sister and continued to scowl at Sia, still miffed that he had reacted so harshly to her protectiveness.
Inuttuk
Common

you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
An air of aggression unravelled above her, until the voices snapped with a venom she knew too well, and Nanook quivered as buried visions surfaced stronger than they had for many long months. The snap of rigid muzzles, the flash of bitter fangs. The score of teeth against her face, and the knowledge that she had done this.

Nanook didn't want to speak. She feared how their voices might turn against hers - but what they demanded from Siarut, the Apaata could offer herself. For as much anxiety reeled her to silence, this was her mistake to own.

"No. I am at fault,she offered the Ice Bear, she herself still pressed in submission against the ground. "I have cared for the young before. I should have noticed the scent." Her gaze hovered over the rest of them, until she chose to turn her watch on the shadowy trees where she sensed no one stood, eager to maintain the peace as best as she was able, and not provoke anyone more than she already had. "Forgive me of my mistake. I am Nanook," no surname offered, and yet a brief pause accentuated her words. She could easily slip by without saying anything, or with Siarut glossing over her relations for her - but there was little honour in bowing to fear, and she finished, "daughter of Scarlett and Kove, but my allegiance lies with you."
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He was left almost speechless as his family verbally rebuffed him. He could feel his skin prickle and his heart thudded in his chest, anxiety growing. He couldn't think of how to respond. Had he not always been trying to keep everyone safe. Had he not always put their family before himself. Tahani seemed to be the only level headed sister before him, and he was grateful for her presence. 

He was trying organize his thoughts, and think of a reply. Siarut was saved by Nanook as she spoke up for herself. "I met Nanook when we first arrived in the Wilds, just before we joined Blackfeather. Before I knew her father." Sia looked between his sisters and the woman he had brought before them. Taking a step aside so as to allow Nanook to see his sisters in their full glory. "Despite what you think, I brought her here to greet you, Shivali. Your children are her siblings." 

Looking away from the four females, he could still feel anxiety racing through his heart. And a strange feel over came him, the feeling to get away. Away from his sisters. He rarely felt the need to be away from them. Yes had was known for his wandering paws, but he had never needed to escape his family. Now the feeling was almost overwhelming. Despite it, he stood his ground alongside Nanook, a pillar of strength for her to rely on if necessary. His prescence screamed, I trust her, although he doubted that meant anything to his siblings now. Considering their reactions. Anger and sadness still burbled just bellow the surface of his calm facade.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
"Shiv, Taki," she murmured, looking troubled at the tension brewing between the siblings. "let them speak for themselves. you know Sia would not bring harm to our family." her eyes turned toward the woman as she began to speak. the daughter of Kove--the leader in the dark woods. she worried if that might bring some trouble upon them: they had left quite suddenly after all, with little word and with Kove's newest litter in tow.

but she seemed kind enough, and old enough, too, to understand nuanced situations. Tahani gave her a smile and a nod of greeting, listening to Siarut speak next. when her brother had finished, a silence fell over the group, before Tahani's gentle voice rang out like a bell chiming in the night. "hello, Nanook," she said. "i am Tahani, Siarut's sister. are you coming with us to our new home?"
Common · Inuttut
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
My last post! <3

Regardless what she knows Siarut would or wouldn’t do doesn’t excuse the surprise. She doesn’t know this person. Nanook, to her, is a stranger. And part of Kove, whom they are running from, and she’s supposed to take her at face value? She’s not as gullible as Siarut and the woman won’t come near her children until she’s proven herself enough. Anxiously, she licks her lips, staring hard at her older brother until her sister speaks and she glares dark eyes in her direction. Tahani may be willing to open up, but she is not—not yet. A growl rumbles in her chest, low and quiet, and she turns, disappearing into the den to hide away from the others and curl protectively around her children.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki didn't register much of what the stranger said, still too angry to process her words properly. All she understood was her name, Nanook. Her angry gaze was still pinned on her brother as he explained his reasons for bringing a stranger so close to where the children were hidden.

Unlike Tahani, she wouldn't welcome the female so readily. She didn't care how long Sia had known her; the rest of the family had never met he before, and so Taki didn't trust her. Trust had to be earned; it could never be assumed. Whatever happened after today, Taki would have to make up her own mind about Nanook. And unlike her brother, the fact that she was related to Kove only served to create a feeling of unease.

Shiv returned to her pups then, and Taki remained in her place between the den opening and the stranger, eyes still on Sia. She definitely wouldn't be moving until the female was far from here.
Inuttuk
Common