Duck Lake Settling the debts.
22 Posts
Ooc —
I decided to make a thread for us! @Safka and @Constantine!

Aura was on edge after becoming a lone wolf in the past few months. Her guard was up and every sight, sound, and smell that was unfamiliar raised her hackles like a porcupine. With a small growl erupting she continued forth with her journey through Teekon. She was hoping to find a purpose in her life, something meaningful.

With the day nearing its peak she decided to find some shade which was hard to come by. As she trekked on to a small black area, it covered her from the heat of the day. Even though she was resting her ears still cupped forward, listening.
7 Posts
Ooc — rin
Brilliant sunlight tumbles down and silhouettes the occasional torpid cloud; Safka's usually greyscale coat is bleached a summer-brown. From his gaping mouth springs a tongue, red and somewhat swollen, retreating as he closes his mouth, springing forth when he opens it.

He moves like he has all the time in the world— that kind of exaggerated arrogance that can only come from someone who has something to hide. There's tension in his shoulders as the voice in his head, a well-established resident, mocks him with every step forwards. It puts fingers through old stab wounds. Safka flicks his ears like a horse warding off flies and notes the other wolf nearby (female, strange looking, jumpy) with half-closed eyes.
22 Posts
Ooc —
Aura's ears erect as she hears steps nearby, lazily she opens her eyes to see another wolf. It wasn't too close for comfort but wasn't something to let go either. Her eyes followed him wherever he may go. She never lifted her head so that it would still seem as though she was sleeping. A breath of air in allowed the sylph to take in the scent of the stranger, smells like a male, but that could be misleading sometimes. 

She was on high alert, a lone male could easily take her over if he wanted too. If the male was to come near she would have to be slightly more on edge. For now she was watching closely, waiting for his next move.
7 Posts
Ooc — rin
A few seconds pass as he waits for the female to say something, but she merely dozed, and Safka reluctantly assumes the responsibility of speaking. "Hello there," he says. If he had hands, they'd be shoved into his pant pockets in boyish fashion. His eyes never are really still. They bounce off of everything he glances to like those little things in a pinball machine. "I hope I didn't wake you up." Sunlight falls over one cheek and one eye as he tilts his head; shadows obscure the other half.

"The name's Safka. I don't reckon I've seen you before." There's not an inkling of violence in him (as of now), as his easy grin proclaims, but he supposes that the female has good reason to react with some violence. He'd just cross his metaphorical fingers that this wouldn't turn into a confrontation.
22 Posts
Ooc —
The fiery female let her ears pin back slowly as she watched him approach her and then greet her. It didn't seem as though he was there to harm her, but others can be convincing sometimes and she wouldn't take a chance if it would cost her her life. She held back a lip curl as she looked up at him, he seemed a bit harmless. Aura stood up so she wouldn't feel as threatened with the male there.

She flicked her tail at him slowly, and blinked a few times. Her mood going from defensive to flirtatious instantly as she stood up, as always. "Oh you didn't wake me, I've been watching you." she said in a smooth soft voice. As he said his name she repeated it in her head once or twice, Safka....Safka. "I like that name, Safka. I roamed here not too long ago. Minutes actually. My names Aura. I don't suppose this is your territory?" she leaned in to take his scent in for a moment, remembering his scent could help her later if they were to run into each other again. Her tail was swaying back and forth as she glanced up at him and sat back on her haunches.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
With his nose to the ground, the regal took an easy pace as he trailed along the rising familiarity of the valley. Durnehviir had wished to settle here, and while he missed the coast and the scent of the salt air, he could not deny it had been the best move for their family.

Tracking the movement of a small herd of deer, their scent was staler than he had originally thought, and the wolf chuffed his discontent through flared nostrils.

One ear would casually flick as he heard voices. His form stiffened, though the creek wolf continued his travel closer, soon catching sight of the two wolves.

He was not close enough to fully make out their words, but the Mayfair took the moment to study them, to see what would unfold between the two.
all you have is your fire
7 Posts
Ooc — rin
Grass rustles and gives way as the girl stands up. Safka braces himself and steps back stiffly, staring back as she blinks. The flirtatious tone was unexpected. He was both parts wary and relieved, and his shoulders sag without him meaning to. Her sentences are short: the stutter of an automatic gun, or the repetitive whine of a cicada. It isn't entirely unpleasant. Safka would be content to sit back and listen to her connect words and phrases together in an infinite serpentine line. "Aura isn't such a bad name either," he says through a smile, though he secretly thinks it rather eccentric.

It was almost like parents naming a child something like Ghost, or Magic. But "Safka" was hardly an ordinary name either. Probably it came from a strange place, where people spoke with a lot of consonants like k and s. "No, I don't have a territory at the mo'. Looking for one, though." He raises an eyebrow at the proper rakish angle as if saying how about you? or maybe (this was more unlikely) there's an eyelash in my eye.
22 Posts
Ooc —
Aura nodded at Safka, it was true her name was okay but she didn’t like it half the time. Others had trouble remembering it, making her feel embarrassed. She waited for Safka to answer the real question at play here, did she trespass? 

After he answered a weight was lifted off of her. A relieved huff came about and then she slightly nodded, “ I am looking for one also, do you think it’s something we could do together?” Her words were again smooth. This was true, it would be easier for them both to try and safer for her to travel with a male. Hopefully for her sake he would think it would be best also. She groomed her fur as she waited for him to answer, a nervous tick that she’s had since she was wee tiny.
7 Posts
Ooc — rin
sorry for the wait! just not sure if i should post over constantine ;;
He almost laughs as she displays her relief so openly, but he doesn't, in part that he is afraid that she might get offended and that he would destroy the pleasant equilibrium he had established. Instead, he settles for a smile with no teeth showing and an appraising hum.

"Yeah, yeah, of course, why not?" he says, barely hiding childish giddiness from his voice. "This is the part when I say that I got your back and you agree, right?" Safka notices that she has lowered her head to groom her fur (much like the human habit of picking at invisible lint on their sleeve). It'd been such a long time since he'd actually properly talked to someone, and this experience feels alien, like he's jumped into cold water or stepped outside into a different world with a different atmosphere.
22 Posts
Ooc —
I understand! @Constantine, I think if you’d like to post next you can talk to them now. :)

Aura smiled a toothy smile at the grey male. She nodded as he said they could roam together to find a place. It would be nice to have company for her, maybe someone to talk to about herself. “It is that part I guess, but I’ll have your back any day.” She gave a small wink, flirtatiously before looking around to see where they should start.

The fiery female seen a shadow in the distance and squinted, not sure what it was she didn’t tell Safka. Just kept looking around hoping he would too so they could get an idea of where they would start out.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
So sorry. <3 I've been knocked flat for about a week now with some kind of weird flu/cold thing.
He studied them for the moment; quiet and thoughtful. The she-wolf began to groom herself, giving the swarthy wolf the impression that she was at ease with her companion -- not at all that it was a nervous gesture.

Chuffing gently, the male gave his thich coat a shake, his muscles stretching in the process. He was tempted simply to turn around and go home.. but with four rambunctious pups waitiing for him, there would be no rest there. He might as well at least make himself known and see what information he could gather from the two.

Lumbering forward now, the shadow runner stalked with a prowl in his step, though he kept his tail and muzzle neutral. His eyes drifted over the pair, offering a nod as he got closer to them. "Hello," he finally offered, halting his step a respectful distance from the two, should they not be as friendly as they seem. "Are either of you familair with this area?"
22 Posts
Ooc —
posting then the posting order can be Aura @Safka then Constantine? If that works for everyone?

Aura seen the shadow moving forward, seemed odd but she brushed it off. Her attention turned to Safka again. A smile appeared but then faded away as she seen another wolf appear, pale almost like Safka. Smelled of male and a pack, her mind thought of all the questions she could ask. 

A toothy smile showed up on her face as she turned her head to answer him. “I’m Aura, we don’t really know this place.” She said innocently, like a damsel who wasn’t really in distress but acted like it. She looked over at Safka so that he could introduce himself to the new wolf that had came up to them. Her tail slowly hit the ground.
7 Posts
Ooc — rin
yeah that works for me! also hope you get better rachel! dont sweat it <3

The sound of footsteps and breathing come closer, and Safka's attention moves accordingly to the approaching man. He doubts that the stranger means any harm, but the way he holds himself is quite official. Most likely a part of a pack, perhaps of high ranking, Safka muses. He shoots a glance at Aura— the thing we were searching for found us instead— before leveling a respectful but appraising look at the new male. The changes in his body are instinctive: a lowered head and a neutral tail, and a face that gave little away.

"I'm Safka, and I stand by what the lady says." He's drawling, but his words are careful. "Is it right of me to assume that you are?" Safka would not be surprised, no, not at all, if he turned out to be the deputy, or a leader, of somewhere nearby. He's sure that Aura, beside him, is bursting with questions unanswered.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The shadowrunner studied them both quietly for a moment, his own form still, save for the gentle summer breeze that ruffled against his dark fur. His fiery eyes drifted over both, trying to determine the situation he had walked in to -- they didn't seem to be traveling companions, but his assumption could have been wrong.

"Constantine," he offered, his voice a low rumble before his muzzle gave a swing in the direction of the creek. "And yes. My home is that way." He paused then, contemplating his purpose before the two strangers. "Was just wondering.. In your travels, did you come across any other packs?" He paused then, his shoulders giving a light shrug as he allowed a faint smile to press at his lips. "I haven't scouted the nearby areas much since we laid claim to our lands."
22 Posts
Ooc —
Aura listened, her ears cupped forward. Constantine and he has a home? Hmm... this could be our chance, she pondered and then shot a glance at Safka as if saying, maybe this could be it. As he ended she shrugged and then thought for a moment, he was the only pack wolf she had come into contact with. She wondered what rank he held at his home, considering he had said he hadn’t scouted for other packs maybe he was just a hunter or scout. 

You’re the only pack wolf I’ve come in contact with. What is your home like? Are you a scout?” She asked determined to know if he was of a high rank or if he was middle or low. It was important to her because if he was a low rank she would brush him off, a little higher and that would keep her interest up. Her eyes narrowed a bit in anticipation.
7 Posts
Ooc — rin
Constantine. That was an interesting name. Safka idly wonders if the man had ridiculous nicknames foisted onto him, but extinguishes that thought quickly. Constantine, whoever he exactly was, quietly exuded competence. He doesn't see how anyone could tease him and get away with it. He nods half-heartedly at Aura's response. If he had noticed any nearby packs, he'd forgotten.

As Aura had already put forwards her own questions, he feels a tad guilty about saying, well, anything. Secretly, Safka doubts that Constantine is a scout. He if had to ask the man about his rank, he'd ask about something higher— perhaps even an alpha. "It might be obvious, but Aura and I, we're searching for a pack to join," He hastily puts in, wanting to get to the bone of the situation as quick as possible.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The shadowrunner studied the she-wolf as she questioned him, feeling himself bristle at the narrow of her eyes. His own muzzle instinctively lifted, though he refrained from flashing his fangs at her glare for the moment. Her questions were off putting – especially given the amount of youth within their fold. “We claim the lands around a creek, next to the mountain,” he offered, though he gave little more insight. “We don’t take kindly to strangers trespassing, though,” he commented, his tail giving a light whip through the air as an ear flickered in the direction of the male and his statement.

“If you’re both hard working, trustworthy and loyal, you can have a place among my ranks.” He paused, chuffing softly, noting now that they were possible recruits he would indeed have to divulge more information. “We have a lot of puppies this year, and we could use some wolves with various skills within our ranks.”
22 Posts
Ooc —
Aura listened to him and gave a look to Safka as if it sounded nice to join this pack. If he didn’t choose to do the same than she would find him later and see then how he was doing. Her look then found Constantine again, fluttering her eyes she nodded at his words. “A pack sounds great but I can only speak for me.” She said softly feeling a bit worried that her new found friend Safka would not want to come along.

She racked her brain for what skills she could provide to the pack. “Well I’m not good at hunting or fighting but I love to take care of others even puppies. I also love to listen to others problems.” She said firmly. Hopefully that would be enough for him to want to accept her, and maybe she could learn more in this pack.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Despite admitting her lack of skill in regards to hunting and fighting, the swarthy wolf was far more pleased at her spoken enthusiasm to care for puppies. They had quite a few in their ranks right now, and an extra adult was a welcome addition.

His eyes swept over to the male, who remained silent for now. With a quiet nod, his muzzle swung to the direction of home. "Follow me, then, if you're interested."

With that, he turned, leasing @Aura to her new home, his eyes drifting back every so often to see if @Safka would follow them.
22 Posts
Ooc —
Aura nodded and looked sadly at Safka as it might have seemed he was being quiet because he didn’t want to come with. She had just met him so she didn’t have too much of high expectations but he was sweet. A small sigh escaped her as she moved toward Constantine. 

Hopefully this new start would give her some type of good life. Maybe one day she would be able to see Safka again and maybe one day he would visit her. For now, she was ready to meet her new family.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The other didn't move to follow them, and Constantine offered him no backward glance. He did study the she-wolf though, noting the regretful way she looked to her companion.

The dark wolf considered his father in that moment, recalling the ruling in which Taltos had delivered to so many as a druid and a healer. He paused, perhaps against his better judgement. "If you change your mind, come seek your friend out." 

With that, the creek Alpha led his newest recruit home.